Mens sport coat question

baja mama

We need to buy a new sport coat for my husband. We are looking at either black or navy blue. We have a 16 night cruise and 2 weddings this year so it will get a lot of use.

What color would you buy and what color pants would you wear with the coat?

We need to buy a new sport coat for my husband. We are looking at either black or navy blue. We have a 16 night cruise and 2 weddings this year so it will get a lot of use.

What color would you buy and what color pants would you wear with the coat?

I have never posted in this forum...until now. So, in reply

Black

Black

With a really great tie and deep cranberry colored long sleeve shirt.

I am a huge fan of black clothing, but not in blazers. I also don't care for dark dress shirts, especially with black.

The most versatile color is Navy. You can pair with khaki, olive green, grey, brown pants or even light blue. If you want navy pants, you'll probably never match them unless you buy the ones that come with the blazer.

I'd probably buy the matching pants, and a pair of khaki pants. This will go with almost any color dress shoes. You can dress this up or down. I like white dress shirts for a dressier look (with nice silk tie of your choice) or a patterned shirt for a more casual look. You can also wear a navy blazer with a pair of chinos.

Have him try both colors on and see what he likes best.

DH got a great deal on a navy blazer at JosABank last month. He will wear it with grey slacks. I know pairing navy with brown is in fashion, just not for him. He wanted black, but the fantastic deal was only on navy. Regularly priced about $400, on sale and close out, $70. Very nice light weight wool fabric.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the comments. We will probably look at Navy Blue the only problem is his dress shoes are black and are very expensive so we do not want to buy another pair.

Would the black shoes work?

Black shoes are what should be worn with black, grey or navy pants. Choice of matching sock to shoe or pants (I think matching to shoe is always easier

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You guys are great thank you. I do not know men's fashions and my husband always wore a tux on cruises but he now has Parkinsons and does not care much about clothes.

Since we live on the beach in Mexico he wears shorts and T-shirts all day.

I am a huge fan of black clothing, but not in blazers. I also don't care for dark dress shirts, especially with black.

The most versatile color is Navy. You can pair with khaki, olive green, grey, brown pants or even light blue. If you want navy pants, you'll probably never match them unless you buy the ones that come with the blazer.

I'd probably buy the matching pants, and a pair of khaki pants. This will go with almost any color dress shoes. You can dress this up or down. I like white dress shirts for a dressier look (with nice silk tie of your choice) or a patterned shirt for a more casual look. You can also wear a navy blazer with a pair of chinos.

Have him try both colors on and see what he likes best.

I agree...I would go with Navy.