Give the pecan pie some love!

Velvetwater

I do not ever remember seeing pecan pie on the menu. :( :mad: And I love pecan pie.

I don't remember seeing it on the menu either. Is it on the "regular old menu" or on the new American Table menu?

Just checked the American Table dessert menu that I printed out last year and see that pie is offered every night, but it doesn't say what kind. I know it was a different kind every night, though.

This is what I show for the current day 5 menu.

e7enera7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We had that dessert menu on day 10 of our 12 day (The same one where pecan was day 5)...they must mix them up a bit.

Just been reading a few food threads and see lots of discussion on how bitter and blanc and WCMC are wonderful and how the baked alaska and pumpkin pie are horrible.

However I never see anyone mention my favourite Carnival MDR dessert....the pecan pie!

Anyone else love this dessert or is it just me?

IMG_2149.JPG

I've never had a pecan pie that is as good as mine. It's gotta be good southern pecan pie for me to eat it. Is it that good-like southern pecan pie good??

It was always available on the longer Transatlantic cruises.

However, not as good as it used to be. It used to be all gooey and caramelly (sp)

I don't bother to order it any more as last few times too dry.

We had that dessert menu on day 10 of our 12 day (The same one where pecan was day 5)...they must mix them up a bit.

I agree, would love to see this dessert menu. Would have the Amaretto cake, Baked Alaska, and Cheesecake for dessert (yes, on the same night. :) )

I agree, would love to see this dessert menu. Would have the Amaretto cake, Baked Alaska, and Cheesecake for dessert (yes, on the same night. :) )

Sorry there is a rule on CCL that if you get three desserts one must be the WCMC.

I am also a big fan of Pecan Pie, but Key Lime Pie is my fav!! Seems that KLP has been relegated to the lido desert buffet only once each cruise at lunch. Consequently, I tend to miss it. :(

Nothing wrong with having 3 desserts!

As a Brit I must say pecan pie isnt often on the menu but it s a little like English treacle tart with pecans in. As a massive fan of nuts I love it. Carnival's offering reminds me of a fairly yummy treacle tart with nuts in.

Sad to hear it wasn't on the Panama Canal cruise earlier this year....I was hoping to have it next month on the Legend 13 day voyage.

If its there I am having 2 pieces! :D

I am also a big fan of Pecan Pie, but Key Lime Pie is my fav!! Seems that KLP has been relegated to the lido desert buffet only once each cruise at lunch. Consequently, I tend to miss it. :(

As far as I can tell key lime pie has been only seen on lido the first day at sea. Best dessert they have.

Nothing wrong with having 3 desserts!

As a Brit I must say pecan pie isnt often on the menu but it s a little like English treacle tart with pecans in. As a massive fan of nuts I love it. Carnival's offering reminds me of a fairly yummy treacle tart with nuts in.

Sad to hear it wasn't on the Panama Canal cruise earlier this year....I was hoping to have it next month on the Legend 13 day voyage.

If its there I am having 2 pieces! :D

I wouldn't give up. I would expect to see it on a cruise of that length. Ask the maitre d' the first night if it will be served one evening, and if not, if they could prepare one for you. Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem for you to eat a pecan pie over a few evenings.