Old Carnival Celebration moving again (and again)

jimbo5544

What was once the Carnival Celebration and then became the Grand Celebration and then became the Costa Celebration is moving again. Costa has cancelled all voyages and offered refunds and/or movement to other ship(s).

The Celebration is rumored to have been sold, although no company/line was mentioned. I wonder if she is following the old Carnival Holiday to the British line?

Sad, our first cruise was her.....

She didn't get the makeover the Holiday did. Curious where she is going.

Haven't seen that old girl since the 80's.

Actually, while not quite as "grande) as the Holiday, there were some posts here (I cannot find them now) which had links to pics of both ships and the makeover (which were very very nice) of mostly the interior - and the Funnel in the case of the Holiday.

There were two rumors I have read, the same British company that took over the Holiday and the old Celebration cruise line replacement.

Doesn't even look like she sailed as a Costa ship one time before they sold her.

I never saw the interior of the holiday class ships, anyone got a good link with images?

Search on my name. I had posted the link to the brokerage ad for Grand Celebration before Costa got involved.

Wait. Maybe it was the Holiday? Now I don't remember. Anyways it was within the last few weeks. On mobile now so can't search as easily.

http://www.infocruceros.com/costa-cruceros/78-costa-celebration

There are some pictures in the leading cruising website in Spain. We have been having bad news in the Spanish cruising activity. Iberocruceros was taken by Carnival ensuring they were interested in revitalizing the company again and merged them into Costa. Year by year we have seen that ships from iberocruceros were sold or incorporated into costa fleet. Grand Voyager, Grand Mistral, then Grand Holiday to CMV and closure of the company keeping the Grand Celebration as Costa Celebration as only for the Spanish clientele.

Just four days before the first sailing they received such a good offer for the celebration that they couldn't resist. The bookings were irrelavant and have cashed a good money for the ship, which had a fantastic state and had been nicely refitted. And leaving waves of anger and lack of repect among spaniards who were looking for a cheap cruising option. The company will replace the ship with the Classica until she becomes NeoClassica for the neocollection boutique concept. Then bye bye Spanish costa cruising.

Life goes on and on the same day RCCL announced the Majesty to be transfered to Spanish brand Pullmantur, but presumebly for the booming latinamerican market.

Edited by keltic

What was once the Carnival Celebration and then became the Grand Celebration and then became the Costa Celebration is moving again. Costa has cancelled all voyages and offered refunds and/or movement to other ship(s).

The Celebration is rumored to have been sold, although no company/line was mentioned. I wonder if she is following the old Carnival Holiday to the British line?

Sad, our first cruise was her.....

Thanks for sharing. It is hard to believe the ship once was the Carnival Celebration.

Costa Celebration might have been sold to Celebration Cruiseline.Check article in today,s edition of Freeport News 11/22/2014 on line.

Interesting: http://freeport.nassauguardian.net/PrintPage/Bahamas-Celebration--resumption-of-service-several--months-away

Apparently their option for 'the larger ship in Europe' had a deadline of yesterday 11/21

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting: http://freeport.nassauguardian.net/PrintPage/Bahamas-Celebration--resumption-of-service-several--months-away

Apparently their option for 'the larger ship in Europe' had a deadline of yesterday 11/21

Good catch. Interesting article, I had thought the Fantasy was on the block as well. Would have been much closer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good catch. Interesting article, I had thought the Fantasy was on the block as well. Would have been much closer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe fantasy still is 'on the block' - however I am sure that while it is closer, terms would not be as favorable - I'm certain the price would be higher, and I would think that carnival would limit the date of sale to correspond with already booked sailings more conservatively in terms of their own position and net benefit

I believe fantasy still is 'on the block' - however I am sure that while it is closer, terms would not be as favorable - I'm certain the price would be higher, and I would think that carnival would limit the date of sale to correspond with already booked sailings more conservatively in terms of their own position and net benefit

All good points

Have they had date of sale restrictions in the past in terms of already booked sailings? What did Royal Caribbean just do with the Majesty? With the amount of homeport repositionings lately, I wonder if they cancel the sailings nowadays.

Have they had date of sale restrictions in the past in terms of already booked sailings? What did Royal Caribbean just do with the Majesty? With the amount of homeport repositionings lately, I wonder if they cancel the sailings nowadays.

Yes, most often they have had date of sale restrictions for ships which are currently in service, both in terms of a sale or a charter to a third party line.

Using fantasy as an example, they still command a fare which would be a net benefit to the company for a season of already booked cruises versus the sale price of what older tonnage would fetch on the open market - especially when sailing from an underserved port, vs. say the Florida short cruises.

It would be in their better interest to keep fantasy in service, with already booked sailings, minimize capital improvements and sell after collecting profit from the same.

Also keep in mind it will be a bit of a watershed moment when carnival actually does dispose of any fantasy class ship - that is why I believe they have been secretive in the release of details about the same (it's already been what 2 yrs) and will be picky when and if they do actually sell to a third party. Just IMO

This is also why I believe since the initial round of 'evolutions of fun' - which was never implemented fully or equally across the fantasy class ships, they have pulled back and are not implementing fun ship 2.0 across the fantasy fleet. The fantasy class ships cannot remain competitive in the market indefinitely and I think they have now drawn a line in the sand.

I had many GREAT cruises aboard "Celebration", and even one cruise where we lost total power for about an hour out in the Gulf of Mexico. :eek: That happened during the day, and really wasn't a big deal.

I personally, LOVE the Fantasy Class ships, and wish they'd build some new ones that size, or the size of the Spirit Class ships. Of course, that "ain't gonna' happen", but I can dream can't I? :rolleyes:

"SKY"

I had many GREAT cruises aboard "Celebration", and even one cruise where we lost total power for about an hour out in the Gulf of Mexico. :eek: That happened during the day, and really wasn't a big deal.

I personally, LOVE the Fantasy Class ships, and wish they'd build some new ones that size, or the size of the Spirit Class ships. Of course, that "ain't gonna' happen", but I can dream can't I? :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Im all for another Spirit Class ship