how do you choose?

jamoka

We are trying to pick between two cruises... One is on Carnival Conquest visiting Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk (and it is cheaper)

or Royal Carribean Freedom of the Seas visiting Port Canaveral, Florida; CocoCay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Port Canaveral, Florida (more expensive by about 500 dollars for our fam)

I would prefer the nicer ship (FOS), but am thinking maybe it would be more fun to visit another port...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

Lets see...

I have a 17, 15 and 12 year old. We are going for my 17 year old's graduation from high school. We will probably have all my husband's family joining us. They are ALL over 40. Probably 7-8 more people.

We like ship activities, but haven't cruised much, so still enjoy all of the activities on the boat, as well as the ports. We do like to do adventures like rafting, zip lining, etc...

hope this helps!

You don't give much info for us to pick which is best for you. I would pick the RCI cruise since I do not like Carnival. However, that does not mean you won't like it.

I'm just the opposite, lol.

Conquest is a fine ship but she does not have climbing walls etc that on a Royal ship. Decide if those things are important for your family.

Loved Grand Turk. The beach is two steps from the pier, seriously.

WE are Diamonds on Carnival ships but I would to say go on the Freedom of the Seas! We were on her last spring and won't hesitate to go on her again. She is a LOT bigger than the Conquest and your kids will have a ball on her. There is a flow rider which is surfing on land and a very tall climbing wall. I didn't do the wall but LOVED the flow rider and I'm 70 years old! (Young kids-10, 12 years old really know how to do the flow rider , put me to shame.) There is also an ice skating rink to ice skate on the ship!

Their promenade deck is inside with inside cabins over looking it. One night there is a BIG party there with lots of music & dancing there.

This is one ship we want to go on again! We are cruise-a-holics- 10 cruises last year, 64 Carnival cruises since 1997. But really loved the Freedom Of Seas.

Having only sailed Disney, Cunard and RCI, I am pleased with the product RCI offers.

Having sailed Freedom twice and having a great time on it I would highly recommend. I do not have any experience with Carnival, because I am happy with RCI.

Good Luck

Safe Journey

We LOVED the Freedom! You will be happy on her!

In St. Maartin go to Maho Beach. This is where the beach is at the absolute end of the airport runway. The planes land and take off right over your head! You can look Maho Beach up on Google.

We are trying to pick between two cruises... One is on Carnival Conquest visiting Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas; St. Thomas, USVI; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Grand Turk (and it is cheaper)

or Royal Carribean Freedom of the Seas visiting Port Canaveral, Florida; CocoCay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Port Canaveral, Florida (more expensive by about 500 dollars for our fam)

I would prefer the nicer ship (FOS), but am thinking maybe it would be more fun to visit another port...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

For family fun on ship take the RCCL.