Which Cruise Line offers the best perks ?

dgparent

I noticed that Celebrity CC Class offers a bunch of perks like early boarding etc, while even if you book a mini-suite on Royal Carrib. you get nothing special [in fact the mini suite looks about the same as CC Class on Celebrity.

Which common cruise line has the best perks for booking a slighter higher fare like CC Class ?

Also we are planning a cruise in March this year, we live in NC and can go from any Fl. port and have a 10 day window to cruise, should we book a cruise now or wait and just look for really good deals as the date approaches ? We are not too fussy about the ports we go to, we care more about the cabin we are in.

Each cruise line has a selection of perks for people who stay in suites. Which is "best" depends on your definition of best. In our case, the "best" benefit of staying in a Suite on Holland America is free, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. This has allowed us to take several 20+ day cruises with as little as one checked bag and two carryons, total, for two people. With all the formal attire.

So a definition of "best" is important here. Yes, Holland America has priority boarding and disembarkation for Suites. Suite cocktail parties, and on longer cruises, lunches. A Concierge in the Suite Lounge which waits on you hand and foot. And many other great perks that we love. But it is the free and unlimited laundry which makes sure we will book suites every time.

As to your booking question, if you wait too long to book, you may not have the choice of cabin you want.

I noticed that Celebrity CC Class offers a bunch of perks like early boarding etc, while even if you book a mini-suite on Royal Carrib. you get nothing special [in fact the mini suite looks about the same as CC Class on Celebrity.

Which common cruise line has the best perks for booking a slighter higher fare like CC Class ?

Also we are planning a cruise in March this year, we live in NC and can go from any Fl. port and have a 10 day window to cruise, should we book a cruise now or wait and just look for really good deals as the date approaches ? We are not too fussy about the ports we go to, we care more about the cabin we are in.

I know Celeberity offers a free diner at a speciality resturant if you book a suite, most lines do nothing for mini suites, Hal offers some nice stuff for larger suites such as free laundry and cocktail parties. WE get some nice perks from RCCL since we are diamond level ( 10 cruises or more) and most cruise lines have perks if you sail a lot with them.

I would book now if you are fussy about your cabin. By waiting until the last minute, you are running into the risk of only having less desirable cabins available.

As far as price, they may go down, but more than likely will go up. March is prime cruising season due to so many schools having spring breaks during that month. The more popular the sailing the higher the prices. However, if they are having trouble filling the ship, the prices will go down. There is no way to know what will happen for sure but I would book as soon as I saw a price I was willing to pay and not count on a potential deal later on.

Thanks I think we will keep our CC Class cabin on our cruise in late March, it is over easter. Celebrity seems to have good perks for CC class.

I would book now if you are fussy about your cabin. By waiting until the last minute, you are running into the risk of only having less desirable cabins available.

As far as price, they may go down, but more than likely will go up. March is prime cruising season due to so many schools having spring breaks during that month. The more popular the sailing the higher the prices. However, if they are having trouble filling the ship, the prices will go down. There is no way to know what will happen for sure but I would book as soon as I saw a price I was willing to pay and not count on a potential deal later on.

For VIP check-in, 24/7 concierge, butler services, and a long list of VIP amenities along with an amazing Suite - check out NCL ships with Haven complexes - we love the Havens, the suites all have fun decor and all of the "bells and whistles". Feel like a millionaire for a few days.

The below article was posted in CC a while ago - it is for the Epic but other NCL Ships have Havens

What a “Suite ” Life on NCL Epic!

http://www.rosemarydanielsen.com/what-a-suite-life-on-ncl-epic

Define "best"

what you would consider a requirement others could care less about.

personally I find the Royal gives perfectly adequate 'perks' to Suite guests, even a few limited ones for JS( to include priority boarding)

to get the best prices and selection book earlier rather than later. keep in mind that prices only go UP as you get closer and many categories of cabin will sell out quite fast.,. especially the very cheap insides and the best suites.

We always stay in a suite and for us Princess offers the perks that we like. The big two for us are the free laundry as we cruise for a minimum of 14 days at a time and breakfast at Sabatinies. Others will have different preferences on different lines. I have stayed in a suite on Celebrity and frankly the Butler was one thing I could live without. In fact we did because I hardly saw him in the 12 days we were onboard. I guess it all boils down to personal preference.

Thanks I think we will keep our CC Class cabin on our cruise in late March, it is over easter. Celebrity seems to have good perks for CC class.

Your price is not going to go down as this is spring break week. If anything, prices will go up and availability is going to be limited.

Archived