Past guest and kids

flcruiser08

I'll probably get railed for even asking from those who hate kids on cruising to start with but here goes. ..... Hubby and I are Platinum and we'll be cruising with our DD 3 (gold) and DD 6 months, are we allowed to bring them to the past guest party with us or will we be getting a lot of side eyes?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Have only seen a few kids over the years at these types of parties.

Its a cocktail party. Kind of boring. They pass out drinks and appetizers, have a few announcements, the commercial and the CD and the Captain have a few words.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll probably get railed for even asking from those who hate kids on cruising to start with but here goes. ..... Hubby and I are Platinum and we'll be cruising with our DD 3 (gold) and DD 6 months, are we allowed to bring them to the past guest party with us or will we be getting a lot of side eyes?

Yes, you will get a lot of "side eyes" and pointed looks. A cocktail party is no place for infants, besides the fact they are not invited. Would you take them to a wedding when they are not invited?

Has the past guest party changed that much since it became platinum/diamond only? Not a kid friendly event? Not a place for infants? During the only past guest party I was invited to as a gold, no one seemed visibly drunk and kids were included in the fun and were directed by staff to start a conga line and invite the boring grown ups. :confused:

I can't imagine anyone thinking you shouldn't bring in two small children who obviously can't be left alone outside the party, including one too small for Camp Carnival. It's not like you're bringing in friends who want free alcohol.

Edited by KatieCharlotte

I am guessing it would be similar to going to any cocktail party, if you bring your kids expect looks if you bring them. 1 suggestion I would make is if your 6mo is fussy or your older having a melt down, probibly not the greatest idea to drag them there. If they can relax and have fun, though not sure about what a 6mo might do but I guess 1 parent on each kids you may be fine.

Me, I would probably skip when my son was younger. He was just not into stuff like that so rather then exclude him because it was our special time together we would go do stuff on the ship that we both wanted to do instead. But hey, you have to do you and what's right for me is not for you and whats right for you is not right for him or them or whatever. I really should not write so late at night on little sleep.

Has the past guest party changed that much since it became platinum/diamond only? Not a kid friendly event? Not a place for infants? During the only past guest party I was invited to as a gold, no one seemed visibly drunk and kids were included in the fun and were directed by staff to start a conga line and invite the boring grown ups. :confused:

I can't imagine anyone thinking you shouldn't bring in two small children who obviously can't be left alone outside the party, including one too small for Camp Carnival. It's not like you're bringing in friends who want free alcohol.

There are no childrens' games. The cruise directors lovingly suggest we maximize the free booze. I can't imagine bringing small children into such an environment and I certainly wouldn't encourage children to have fake cocktails.

There are no childrens' games. The cruise directors lovingly suggest we maximize the free booze. I can't imagine bringing small children into such an environment and I certainly wouldn't encourage children to have fake cocktails.

I grew up on Shirley Temples, and I'm pretty sure it didn't negatively affect me, considering I rarely even drink alcohol. :confused: Carnival is a family cruiseline, and the parties are not 21 and over events. Anyone who feels it inappropriate to expose their kids to an environment in which some adults are over indulging in alcohol probably wouldn't take them on a cruise, especially one with Cheers and trays of shots at dinner.

I've been several times it's not like a drunken rage, my 3yo will enjoy the Virgin drink and music.

If you have been several times, you should have your answer.

Never experienced this on the many Past Guest or Platinum/Diamond parties we have attended. (We currently have cruised 29 times on Carnival.) :)

We were just on the Vista this summer and the CD certainly made the point that we should drink as much as we can for free. Even suggested everyone take two drinks with them at the end of the party. No one was falling down drunk but it seemed like they wanted everyone to have a drink.

Gotta love the anti kid sentiments. Should you get tired of the flaming these questions are completely accepted on the Family Cruises board. I have 2 kids 4 and 9. They have both been cruising since 5 mos and 6 mos respectively. We have taken them to past guest parties on every line they've sailed. (I think my oldest is on her 15th cruise) I've never had a problem. On our last cruise (spring break?) we took them to the past guest party. They gave them non-alcoholic punch the same as I had because I don't drink alcohol. I do think as parents we have the responsibility to respect adults only venues and to remove our kids quickly if they become unruly. However, cruises are FAMILY vacations and EGADS you shouldn't be surprised if you see FAMILIES at events onboard.

I would go no problem, but I would seat close to the exit :p AS long as they are not crying or bother other people why not.

Yes, you will get a lot of "side eyes" and pointed looks. A cocktail party is no place for infants, besides the fact they are not invited. Would you take them to a wedding when they are not invited?

Are you going for the same cruise :rolleyes:? Otherwise no one will give her pointed looks.

Are you going for the same cruise :rolleyes:? Otherwise no one will give her pointed looks.

Sure, they will. Same as when they see the stroller headed for the next table in the dining room, same as when you hope to use the pool but there's kids jumping in and out or parents holding toddlers, same when you are on the elevator and the little darlings push every button, same as you want to get some ice cream toppings but the little ones have their hands in each container, same as when you realize the tots that have been feasting on sugar are seated right behind you at the show, same as when you are trying to sleep and kids are running the halls..

Of course, well behaved children would be not noticed but cruisers, who are Platinum already, asking these questions are usually looking for an exception and people who want an exception are rarely concerned about following acceptable social standards.