A la carte drinks

LTM2307

I believe there are 2 schools of thought around if the drink plan being worth it. Thought 1 if you plan to have more than 6-7 drinks a day it is worth it. Thought 2 if you want to prepay and not have to worry about your final bill.

The times we have gotten the drink plan it was fairly easy to break even and it was nice not having to worry about the bill at the end of the cruise.

For us... It's worth it. One the cost is factored in. Two no surprises. Three last cruise as hard as I tried I couldn't hit 15 drinks in one day.

For you. It depends on How much you plan on drinking. And if you want to know how much your tab is going to be.

Is the drinks package worth it ?

It's around $50 a person a day plus 15% gratuity. All adults sharing a cabin must purchase the package. For my upcoming 8 day cruise it is over $900 for the 2 of us. We have never had a bar bill even close to that high, so it is not worth it to us.

Can anyone give ma an idea as to what Carnival charges per fruity type drink, if we were to opt for that versus the drink package? Does the package include the fruity drinks?

How heavy a drinker are you? As a general rule of thumb you are going to have to drink 6 a day of the fruity drinks to break even. I can't do that - especially with port days. And certainly not for 7 days in a row! On a shorter party cruise without kids I might consider it....

I'm going to try it and see if it is worth it next time. I usually go with family and don't drink that much, this time I plan on trying many different drinks. I may not drink more than 6 to 8 a day, but the person I'm cruising with drinks a lot, so I will use some of my 15 drink limit for him. I don't consider that sharing, as we both are paying for it.

I'm going to try it and see if it is worth it next time. I usually go with family and don't drink that much, this time I plan on trying many different drinks. I may not drink more than 6 to 8 a day, but the person I'm cruising with drinks a lot, so I will use some of my 15 drink limit for him. I don't consider that sharing, as we both are paying for it.

Are you in the same cabin together? All people over 21 in the same cabin have to purchase it.

Unlike past cruises I am not planning on getting the soda card for my kids, Since the western is so port intensive I figure they will only be needing a soda at dinner each night. Are sodas in the dining room $2 as well and do they come with refills or do they bring you a can each time? Thanks!

Are you in the same cabin together? All people over 21 in the same cabin have to purchase it.

Yes, both in the same cabin and both purchasing Cheers, that is why I said I did not consider it sharing if I give him a few of my 15 drinks. I really don't think I will like everything I try, so he is going to have to finish them off. :)

Unlike past cruises I am not planning on getting the soda card for my kids, Since the western is so port intensive I figure they will only be needing a soda at dinner each night. Are sodas in the dining room $2 as well and do they come with refills or do they bring you a can each time? Thanks!

They are available in the dining room for the bar price. No free refills.

Edited by Schoifmom

They just announced some changes to the program today. There are a few threads already discussing the changes. Now that it includes waters, teas, coffees and got rid of the $10 cap per drink it is worth it to us.

They just announced some changes to the program today. There are a few threads already discussing the changes. Now that it includes waters, teas, coffees and got rid of the $10 cap per drink it is worth it to us.

They also increased the pricing if you purchase it on the ship. The price is still the same is you purchase pre-cruise.

Thanks for posting. Helps in the budget and decision making. I'm thinking the frozen drinks were maybe 3$ less without the alcohol. Can anybody verify?

Also, the tips are automatically added right? No choice. Wish they would just include them in the price. Seems it's not really a tip if there is not a choice.

So when you order and pay for the program online, is the gratuity automatically factored in? Or is the gratuity added to the bill during the cruise as each drink is ordered?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The gratuity will be added and must be paid for with your cheers order online.

• 1 year later...

With the addition of water, speciality coffee, milkshakes, and soda to the Cheers package, you can get your break even point down to 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks a day if you drink any of the additions. The 15 drinks a day does not have to be a benchmark or a challenge. It is a cut off point.

With the addition of water, speciality coffee, milkshakes, and soda to the Cheers package, you can get your break even point down to 2 to 3 alcoholic drinks a day if you drink any of the additions. The 15 drinks a day does not have to be a benchmark or a challenge. It is a cut off point.

Exactly, Excellent Point!!! I always get it, and I always feel as though I've gotten my money's worth. I've only hit the 15 drink limit once. Now that specialty coffees, etc are also included it is a no brainer!!!