Thank you for sailing with us email

DaveOKC

I know that this comes up every so often, so I thought I would post the email we just received from HAL:

"Thank you for sailing with us

On behalf of everyone at Holland America Line, thank you for joining us on your recent voyage aboard the ms Maasdam. We hope that every cruise detail exceeded your expectations.

To show our appreciation for choosing Holland America Line, please accept a special bonus of up to $200 per person shipboard credit on your next new cruise booking. (You must book by July 28, 2015, to receive this special offer.) View shipboard credit details."

Basically, the shipboard credit mentioned doubles what you receive when you purchase an onboard future cruise deposit. It varies by lenght of cruise and cabin category from $25 to $200 per person (it is a nice deal!). It came 13 days after our cruise ended and we have 2 months to use it.

Dave, we have also received similar HAL emails when we did the future cruise deposit (instead of a full booking) on board - it is a good benefit.

I hope you have escaped the flooding that appears to have hit major parts of Texas and Oklahoma - good luck.

Rod

Dave, we have also received similar HAL emails when we did the future cruise deposit (instead of a full booking) on board - it is a good benefit.

I hope you have escaped the flooding that appears to have hit major parts of Texas and Oklahoma - good luck.

Rod

Thanks for the thoughts, but we are fine. We live on the North side of town and most of the flooding is on the south side and in the smaller towns. Rain projected for today and tomorrow, but then it should dry out for a week or so. We set a record (by quite a bit) for OKC and the state for most rainfall in a month (and we have 2 more days to go). It has been a mess, but at least it ended the severe drought we have been in for the past several years.

When we got home from our Zuiderdam cruises in March, for the first time we got the Welcome Home e-mail with the offer.

Of course no itineraries have been posted for fall of 2016 and the date on the e-mail has long expired.

I would try anyway - they have honored my email code ZPM even after the expiration date. Cannot hurt to try.

I just got this email today and I did not book a future cruise deposit.

I have a question for all those more experienced HAL passengers though: If I do book a cruise and then the price drops later on [before final payment when I could still get the adjustment] will they let me keep my Thanks for Sailing OBC at the new rate?

I am considering a Canada/NE trip on the Rotterdam for fall 2016 but the prices are crazy as the itineraries were just released.

I have a question for all those more experienced HAL passengers though: If I do book a cruise and then the price drops later on [before final payment when I could still get the adjustment] will they let me keep my Thanks for Sailing OBC at the new rate?

I am considering a Canada/NE trip on the Rotterdam for fall 2016 but the prices are crazy as the itineraries were just released.

You should be able to keep it unless they need to cancel. I had no idea the Rotterdam was doing those cruises next year. You learn something new every day.

Yes, they do still let you keep that Thanks for Sailing OBC even if the price drops. Other OBC may not be allowed in the event of a price drop. It will depend on the promotions at the time of booking and at the time of the price drop.

You should be able to keep it unless they need to cancel. I had no idea the Rotterdam was doing those cruises next year. You learn something new every day.

Yes, they do still let you keep that Thanks for Sailing OBC even if the price drops. Other OBC may not be allowed in the event of a price drop. It will depend on the promotions at the time of booking and at the time of the price drop.

Great news! Thanks guys. It's not a lot of OBC for a 7 nighter but free money is free money haha.

CruzChic: The Rotterdam is homeported in Boston next fall along with Veendam. The Maasdam is being moved. It is cool to have one of the flagships here though so I'm excited! I think Rotterdam is also doing the VoV in 2016 as well.

Used my FCD OBC and the ZPM along with the Anniversary Sale promotion to book the Eurodam for March 2016 yesterday. I actually hadn't gotten the ZPM email from my May 9th Veendam cruise yet, but I used my HAL PCC and there was no question asked.

Used my FCD OBC and the ZPM along with the Anniversary Sale promotion to book the Eurodam for March 2016 yesterday. I actually hadn't gotten the ZPM email from my May 9th Veendam cruise yet, but I used my HAL PCC and there was no question asked.

I used the welcome home promo to book the eurodam for oct 2015.

CruzChic: The Rotterdam is homeported in Boston next fall along with Veendam. The Maasdam is being moved. It is cool to have one of the flagships here though so I'm excited! I think Rotterdam is also doing the VoV in 2016 as well.

We hope to sail on the Maasdam during her summer season while she is here "down under".

Great news! Thanks guys. It's not a lot of OBC for a 7 nighter but free money is free money haha.

Yes -- she is doing the VOV round trip from Boston on July 20.

On July 2 she actually starts a VOV from Rottemdam -- round trip for the Europeans to do.

We used the thank you OBC on a cruise we booked last fall for this summer. When the price dropped they took it away. After sending an email to HAL to complain they reinstated the OBC. You have to really be on top of them and keep an eye on the details.

I know that this comes up every so often, so I thought I would post the email we just received from HAL:

"Thank you for sailing with us

On behalf of everyone at Holland America Line, thank you for joining us on your recent voyage aboard the ms Maasdam. We hope that every cruise detail exceeded your expectations.

To show our appreciation for choosing Holland America Line, please accept a special bonus of up to $200 per person shipboard credit on your next new cruise booking. (You must book by July 28, 2015, to receive this special offer.) View shipboard credit details."

Basically, the shipboard credit mentioned doubles what you receive when you purchase an onboard future cruise deposit. It varies by lenght of cruise and cabin category from $25 to $200 per person (it is a nice deal!). It came 13 days after our cruise ended and we have 2 months to use it.

Hi Dave. I was also on the May 1st Maasdam cruise. This OBC wouldn't do me much good and I already have two new cruises booked with HAL.

Hi Dave. I was also on the May 1st Maasdam cruise. This OBC wouldn't do me much good and I already have two new cruises booked with HAL.

You may be add it to your existing reservation(s). It does not hurt to try. You can always find something to use OBC on - daily service charge, wine packages, excursions, drinks, gift shop purchases, etc.

We didn't receive a "Thank you for sailing with us" email after our last cruise in February. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we were medically disembarked at Panama, but we still paid for the whole cruise. We didn't receive a survey either.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We didn't receive a "Thank you for sailing with us" email after our last cruise in February. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that we were medically disembarked at Panama, but we still paid for the whole cruise. We didn't receive a survey either.

If anyone could add necessary feedback on an unusual topic, I would expect someone who was medically disembarked would be it.

It would have been a great opportunity for HAL to learn something had they sent you a survey. Sorry they missed the chance.

If anyone could add necessary feedback on an unusual topic, I would expect someone who was medically disembarked would be it.

It would have been a great opportunity for HAL to learn something had they sent you a survey. Sorry they missed the chance.

You are so right! Am I correct that the HAL web site has an e-mail where you can contact them with feedback?