Meet and greet

margincall

This may be another in the realm of ridiculous questions from someone who has cruised before.But I have never gone to one of the meet and greets and I intend to on my next cruise.Do folks usually just dress the way they do during the day on board sea days?:confused:

At an Meet and Greet, there is no need to wear anything different than what you started the day wearing. Very casual and most times does not last very long. A chance to meet the people on your Roll Call and be introduced to some of the Senior Officers of the ship. Usually the ship will provide pastries, coffee, tea and juices.

This may be another in the realm of ridiculous questions from someone who has cruised before.But I have never gone to one of the meet and greets and I intend to on my next cruise.Do folks usually just dress the way they do during the day on board sea days?:confused:

It's definetly a come as you are event. Fun to do. I'm running our roll call and slot pul for my cruise and with being on the roll call I feel like I know most of the people who joined. Can't wait to actually meet them face to face. Last time we met a wonderful family that we actually ended up dining with on a couple of the nights and its fun running into the people during the cruise.

Roll calls are usually a lot of fun when put together correctly... who ever is organizing it should keep all informed as to what/when/where everything is going on.. also keep up with all the folks joining in, as well as welcoming them to the board....in other words, take control of putting it together, and seeing that all goes well....if these things are done, it will be a great get together for all.....as to clothing, wear what you into wear the rest of the day, and you will be fine....just go and meet all the other nice folks there...

jus' me....jim...the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

Roll calls are usually a lot of fun when put together correctly... who ever is organizing it should keep all informed as to what/when/where everything is going on.. also keep up with all the folks joining in, as well as welcoming them to the board....in other words, take control of putting it together, and seeing that all goes well....if these things are done, it will be a great get together for all.....as to clothing, wear what you into wear the rest of the day, and you will be fine....just go and meet all the other nice folks there...

jus' me....jim...the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

It is a lot of work. If I had a full time job it would be difficult to keep track of everything. Usually people do either the M&G or slot pull or cabin crawl. I'm doing the M&G and slot pull. I have wonderful people on my roll call. One of them is going to do a bingo game and trivia game for us another a LRC game. I bought a birthday cake because several members are celebrating birthdays. Another member is bringing party hats and candles. Like I said I have wonderful people psrticipating. Can't wait.

They are fun. It's nice to put faces to names.

Meeting the Senior Officers is a treat. They will give you a card with their phone numbers on it, in case you have an issue, they want you to let them know while onboard so they can address it.

They would rather hear about it while you are on the cruise, rather than after you get home and make a post (in their exact words) about "my cruise from hell".

For anyone not going to a Meet and Greet, the phone numbers can be found on your tv.

No need to wear anything special to the M&G, it's Freestyle!

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I was on the Pearl in Alaska in September and the crew did something a little different after our meet & greet... they invited everyone back for a follow up meeting the day before the cruise ended so we could give them feedback on the ship, service, etc. Thought that was a great idea. Of course, there was a lot of little things that staff have no control over and can't really change, but it was a nice touch to invite us back so they could hear from us at the end of the cruise and take our ideas and feedback based on our actual experiences through the week.

I was on the Pearl in Alaska in September and the crew did something a little different after our meet & greet... they invited everyone back for a follow up meeting the day before the cruise ended so we could give them feedback on the ship, service, etc. Thought that was a great idea. Of course, there was a lot of little things that staff have no control over and can't really change, but it was a nice touch to invite us back so they could hear from us at the end of the cruise and take our ideas and feedback based on our actual experiences through the week.

Brian Walters, the HD on the Star last year did that for us too when we went through the Panama Canal. Was the first time I've seen this done and thought it was a great idea!

Harriet

And it's not unheard of to get an invitation to a bridge tour. Not every time, but maybe... And folks have received the odd treat now in their cabin, too. Again, don't expect it... Norwegians love a surprise! :p

I've been gifted a bridge tour on every cruise except for Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway.

Truth be told.....after a while they all look/are the same! LOL

Yet, I understand the interest it brings, as it did to me in the beginning, to those that have never been.

Treats.....Heck, I get so many I end up giving them away to neighbors and my cabin steward! LOL

Harriet

I forgot to attach this photo -

One time we had two of these along with other goodies sent that day so I did this - and left it outside my cabin door. After about 5 min. it found a good home! LOL

strawberries.jpg.3aeeac27cbb39363643e247bd67952b2.jpg

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Things are good with a Meet and Greet unless you experience what we did the last one.... it was scheduled for 2 hours which was too long. The "lead" talked for 1 hour before any NCL people came. Several people left, me included, and got a bad impression. My friend does not want to go back.

I've been gifted a bridge tour on every cruise except for Epic, Breakaway, and Getaway.

Truth be told.....after a while they all look/are the same! LOL

Yet, I understand the interest it brings, as it did to me in the beginning, to those that have never been.

Treats.....Heck, I get so many I end up giving them away to neighbors and my cabin steward! LOL

Harriet

Hi, most of our M&G were not that long. Met some nice folks...Got a tour of the bridge and dinner with Officers, but NEVER got any goodies at our cabin. Maybe this time?

I forgot to attach this photo -

One time we had two of these along with other goodies sent that day so I did this - and left it outside my cabin door. After about 5 min. it found a good home! LOL

[ATTACH]332245[/ATTACH]

Harriet

I never can have enough chocolate strawberries...I hope we are on the same cruise sometime ;)

M & G's are an enjoyable experience on NCL. It's fun to see your roll call members throughout the week. Sometimes you are even staying at the same hotel pre cruise. I started attending them in 2001 on various cruise lines.

IMO, NCL does the best job with the M & G. After the meeting, when I would see the officers around the ship, they remembered me.

HAL was good, but I've never had good experiences with RCCL.

Please attend and let us know your opinion.

Things are good with a Meet and Greet unless you experience what we did the last one.... it was scheduled for 2 hours which was too long. The "lead" talked for 1 hour before any NCL people came. Several people left, me included, and got a bad impression. My friend does not want to go back.

I have attended all the NCL Meet & Greets and none were more than 1 hour. They are worthwhile to attend for the many reasons already mentioned here. I organized the M & G on the Jade earlier this year and will probably not volunteer to do this again. The officers were there for about 5 minutes and the Captain did not make an appearance. I'm sure he was busy. No invitations to the bridge/dinner or anything as far as I know.

We had a good attendance of 60 -70, but most of the people there were looking for a coordinator for their private excursions - looking to save money from the NCL excursions. Many had not exchanged contact information with the cruise critic tour organizers before the cruise. It all worked out thanks to an outgoing CC member who accepted my offer to MC the various inquiries and match the parties together. Just an FYI.

Edited by herdingdogmom