New Princess livery ugly?

Ian Kennedy

I prefer a ship that looks like one. I prefer the elegance of an all white ship, and definitely don't care for the Aida or NCL ships, with their garish designs. That's just my taste, though, and will probably be outnumbered quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with you about the Aida and most of the NCL ships, but we saw the livery up close on our last cruise on the Royal and found it very nice and tasteful.

And think how useful it will be for those who may over indulge at bars in port and need a nice visual aide to figure out if their ship has already sailed without them [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm with the "who cares?" crowd as well. It's like changing the wheels on your car - I'd much rather upgrade the driver's seat or the steering wheel, because I'll sit in it or grab it during the whole drive, whereas the wheels I only see when I walk to my car. You're only going to see the livery when you're walking back from an excursion.

The livery isn't really about whether we like it or when we see it as passengers - it's an exercise in branding. To the car analogy - we don't see the emblems/logos/nameplates on the outside of a car while driving but the automakers put them there for a reason, a branding reason.

The livery isn't really about whether we like it or when we see it as passengers - it's an exercise in branding. To the car analogy - we don't see the emblems/logos/nameplates on the outside of a car while driving but the automakers put them there for a reason, a branding reason.

If you had a choice of driving a car with or without an emblem on it, which would you choose? (making the assumption that there would be no difference in dealer price).

Got off the Caribbean Princess in Southampton last Wednesday (July 12th). I actually couldn't remember if the bow was painted or not! Couldn't see it while on board. Checked my camera and sure enough, the Sea Witch was there in Invergordon. So to me, obviously no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you had a choice of driving a car with or without an emblem on it, which would you choose? (making the assumption that there would be no difference in dealer price).

Depends on the emblem, doesn't it? Love those on Jaguar and Rolls. Not crazy about KIA or Fiat. ;)

Shaking my head here. The OP asked for people's opinions on the livery. You either like it or you dont. I dont see the need for beating up those who have a different opinion than yours. While I am one who dislikes it, no, it does not ruin my dinner, nor does it ruin my swim in the pool. Why do some care whether I like it or not? I answered the OP's question, plain and simple. I think we are allowed an opinion, whether it jives with everyone else's opinion or not. WOW.

I have a Toyota & honestly can't remember what the emblem looks like, nor care.

It runs and gets me places. :)

But, if your car were painted up like this, it would probably stick in your mind.

To me, this is what princess is doing.

toyota_using_retro_livery_for_2013_camry_nascar_with_video_large_4135.jpg

I guess I got you mixed up with another post who also didn't love the ship but was returning for more torture this fall.:D

Um, no. We cancelled it due to fears of the ship experience being awful. The tour may have been great, but the ship less than expected.

So, we cancelled.

After 30 years with PCL, we do not want a let down onboard.

Um, no. We cancelled it due to fears of the ship experience being awful. The tour may have been great, but the ship less than expected.

So, we cancelled.

After 30 years with PCL, we do not want a let down onboard.

To each his own.

I list the pros & cons of each ship from past experiences in my mind & the newer Royal class ships have the least annoying items for me.

Food is definitely a top contender.

Venues or layout is at the bottom of the list.

But no matter how I look at them an old ship does have it problems which only increase with age no matter how good the maintenance and we've had a few of those bad problems over the years to not want a repeat.

Not that I agree with all of your complaints but didn't you post that you'll be going back on the Royal later this year?;)

Ah, no, as you must be misinformed. Sorry if I lead you to believe that, as I do not intend upon ever doing so. I would not do that for a dollar or all for my money.

Who really cares?

When you sailing on the ship you can't see it anyway. ;p

Have to agree. Who cares. If it bothers you that much then don't sail on Princess. As Shakespeare said "Much ado about nothing"

• 2 weeks later...
Not that I agree with all of your complaints but didn't you post that you'll be going back on the Royal later this year?;)

I never would have posted that we would be going on the Royal or the Regal "later this year", as we never would never have considered announcing/doing so. Those ships, despite the fact that the buffet areas are a SIGNIFICANT improvement / difference, we would never subject ourselves to the "Royal experience" of what was an afterthought of ship design.

We are moving on . . . and up. I hope that our new line(s) will have us and welcome us.

I never would have posted that we would be going on the Royal or the Regal "later this year", as we never would never have considered announcing/doing so. Those ships, despite the fact that the buffet areas are a SIGNIFICANT improvement / difference, we would never subject ourselves to the "Royal experience" of what was an afterthought of ship design.

We are moving on . . . and up. I hope that our new line(s) will have us and welcome us.

Are you sure?

I didn't hear you the first six times.:D;);)

point of clarification to all who said some variation of "they should use the money somewhere else"

as part of routine maintenance, the boat is repainted several times during its lifetime. the repainting of this logo is just a standard part of that. in no way would there magically be money available to do other things if they painted it white because there is still painting happening.

i'm also firmly in the not caring about the livery at all. been on ships with all kinds of livery, i'm cool with it all.