New Princess livery ugly?

Ian Kennedy

If the Seawitch is guiding the ship through the waters. Can someone tell her she's looking the wrong way. So turn around before something happens.

The Seawitch's hair is flowing in the correct direction this way.

The fact that legend and customs see the art is the "eyes" of the ship to guide her safely through the waters, Princess made a good choice using the Seawitch

Except for the fact that the seawitch faces backwards. So she would not see anything coming, only after they have past.

Are the alternative designs from the survey posted anywhere? I'd love to see those. I'm not a fan of this new Princess livery either, however it looks much better on the Royal-class bow than the Grand-class. The curves of the Grand-class bow distorts the Sea Witch almost beyond recognition.

I don't think they are posted anywhere. When I was sent the opinion survey it requested that it be kept confidential.

Bit like Kruisy says, the other designs were gaudier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't think they are posted anywhere. When I was sent the opinion survey it requested that it be kept confidential.

Bit like Kruisy says, the other designs were gaudier.

And some of the designs also had art at the rear of the ship.

I don't care for it either. It makes the ship look really tacky.

I have no idea what it costs to paint the hull of a cruise ship, but, assuming it would take thousands of gallons, I would rather see the money going toward improving the passenger experience onboard the ship.

I must be missing something, what exactly are we looking at that is so tacky?? I'm just not seeing anything.....I feel like an idiot because you are all chatting about it. I keep looking at the picture.....I'm not seeing it??

I must be missing something, what exactly are we looking at that is so tacky?? I'm just not seeing anything.....I feel like an idiot because you are all chatting about it. I keep looking at the picture.....I'm not seeing it??

It seems that some CC people are very self conscious about the appearance of the ship their sailing on. I'm not seeing it either.....unless you'ere viewing it from a distance and even at that it just a design. :confused:

It seems that some CC people are very self conscious about the appearance of the ship their sailing on. I'm not seeing it either.....unless you'ere viewing it from a distance and even at that it just a design. :confused:

I just notice it while walking back to docked ship at a port. Doesn't distract me.

I'm with you, I wasn't seeing it either. So after reading through a bunch of posts, I googled "Princess cruise ship livery" and the pictures came up. Now I know what everyone is talking about.

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond Princess just emerged from her dry dock as the 4th ship in the fleet to receive the new livery (Royal, Majestic, and Grand already have it).

Screen-Shot-2017-04-11-at-10.28.17-AM.png

I don't think it looks too bad on the Royal-class ships, but on the Grand-class it looks very odd. First, why is the Sea Witch painted so much smaller on Diamond and Grand? Notice on Royal and Majestic how the Sea Witch is large stretching from the top of the bow down to near the waterline. On Grand and Diamond the Sea Which doesn't come near to the top of the bow and doesn't fill the space.

Also, on Royal and Majestic the ship's name has been enlarged and relocated aft of the bow. On Diamond the huge name is crammed in near the Sea Witch. Why didn't they move it a bit aft under the lifeboats where there is ample space for the name? The whole thing looks juvenile and sloppy. If Princess is going to add this "art" to their hulls, at least do it consistently across the fleet and with some balance.

I like the Sea Witch on the bow as well as playing the Love Boat theme when the Royal and Regal sail.

I hope they will enable all the ships to play the Love Boat theme!! Jury is still out as to whether I like the sea witch logo....

Diamond Princess just emerged from her dry dock as the 4th ship in the fleet to receive the new livery (Royal, Majestic, and Grand already have it).

Screen-Shot-2017-04-11-at-10.28.17-AM.png

I don't think it looks too bad on the Royal-class ships, but on the Grand-class it looks very odd. First, why is the Sea Witch painted so much smaller on Diamond and Grand? Notice on Royal and Majestic how the Sea Witch is large stretching from the top of the bow down to near the waterline. On Grand and Diamond the Sea Which doesn't come near to the top of the bow and doesn't fill the space.

Also, on Royal and Majestic the ship's name has been enlarged and relocated aft of the bow. On Diamond the huge name is crammed in near the Sea Witch. Why didn't they move it a bit aft under the lifeboats where there is ample space for the name? The whole thing looks juvenile and sloppy. If Princess is going to add this "art" to their hulls, at least do it consistently across the fleet and with some balance.

Very interesting. I think I like it better on the Grand and Diamond.

If the paint job on the hull had anything to do with the quality of the shows, food or service then I'll worry about it. ;p

Some people are to self conscious about what others will think of them if they sail a ship with a gaudy pain design they can't sleep at night. :D

• 1 month later...