New Princess livery ugly?

Ian Kennedy

there have been several changes and fixes on the royal class ships since 2013 that you seemed to base your rant on.....pcl seems to be doing quite well because their ships are full, there are at least 3 more royal class ships coming, and prices are definitely up to sail on their ships....:rolleyes:

ppphhhhhhhhhttt.

I must say I prefer the livery to liver and onions... [emoji1]

Too Funny.

DH would love to eat Liver and Onions.

I would prefer the Livery.

Opposites attract and, I guess, that makes the world go around. :)

When viewed straight on looking at the bow it is truly frightening. I understand what it actually is but, from that straight on viewpoint, it really is ugly and frightening. The absolutely best thing about it is that I can't see it when I'm onboard. We board in a few weeks for 28 days and won't have to look at it most of those days. Be glad it isn't like some "other" lines have. Compared to some it is incredibly discrete.

I think the issue of identifying a particular cruise line's ship over the years has become more difficult due to proliferation and similarity in that modern cruise ships all have tended to appear very similar with most white with a particular colour funnel. Some lines like Carnival have a special shaped funnel as an identifier. However Carnival Corporation has ships constructed then allocates them to different lines and also swaps ships from one line to another. If you were impressed when you saw a particular cruise ship and thought you might book that line on a future cruise it would be easy to book up with the wrong line. Admittedly not many would do this but who knows how many it might be, hence branding the product, with obvious features to identify it as a Princess Cruise Line ship. The Seawitch design in two colours blue and white is not as gaudy as some of the Norwegian or AIDA designs which I think are hideous and incidentally preventing me from booking those. I do not think the Princess design will help more people identify the brand and book as opposed to think I will look elsewhere.

Regards John

PCL seems to be doing quite well because their ships are full...

Not to pick nits, but what the heck, this whole thread is nothing but naval gazing (pun and misspelling intentional)...

The fullness of the ships is not an indication of how well a cruise line is doing. Any ship will cast off full if prices are gutted enough--a sign that the cruise line is, in fact, not doing so well. A ship that sails 85% full with passengers who pay $1,000 per person in cruise fare and who spend another $1,500 per person on board is doing better than a ship that sails 100% full with passengers who paid $499 per person in cruise fare and who spend $150 per person while on board. None of this is in any way suggestive of the fact that Princess is not doing well. I believe they are. But the measure of that success is not occupancy percentage. Almost every cruise ship leaves full. Even if they have to give free cruises away to high producing agents to do so.

I actually like it and prefer it over the trend of the other colorful hull art that is out there. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of all white ships. This is one reason I really like the Holland American and Disney ships.

I LOVE the way HAL looks. I'm always jealous when we are in port together.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
Is this what we're referring to:

DSC_3577.JPG

First off I like it. However, I have always thought that she was looking behind with the wind blowing her hair in her face. I've always thought she should be looking forward with the wind in her face with hair flowing behind. JMHO.

Edited by greenie082756
wording

The hull art is a masterful achievement and the most beautiful thing ever to come from the mind of mankind. It’s not only stunningly beautiful, it’s art at its absolute finest. They should hang a replica in the world’s greatest museums so that others not lucky enough to see it in person can gaze upon perfection. All other cruise lines hide in shame and embarrassment that their ships aren’t this fabulous. It’s so remarkable and extraordinary it makes my heart full of joy. :hearteyes:

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

The hull art is a masterful achievement and the most beautiful thing ever to come from the mind of mankind. It’s not only stunningly beautiful, it’s art at its absolute finest. They should hang a replica in the world’s greatest museums so that others not lucky enough to see it in person can gaze upon perfection. All other cruise lines hide in shame and embarrassment that their ships aren’t this fabulous. It’s so remarkable and extraordinary it makes my heart full of joy. :hearteyes:

I think all the big white hulks are ugly from the outside. The good thing is that I rarely see them that way when I am on board. Some of the artistic paint jobs have improved in the last 10 years--beats the plain white. The ones with the navy lower section adorned with gold colored paint and red funnels are much more attractive.

Love your way of looking at things!

When they sent out polls on new logos/designs, the Blue Seawitch was my first choice! So I guess I'm partly responsible! LOL!

Too much moonshine in WV?

Too much moonshine in WV?

Watched “The Band’s Visit” and Bernadette Peters in “Hello, Dolly!” in NYC back in May. Then “Hamilton” for my birthday back in July, and last month Bette Midler in the closing week of “Hello, Dolly!” on Broadway followed by the Lincoln Center production of “My Fair Lady”. Ten shows already this year, and I’ve got 12 more shows booked and ticketed between now and next August. No time for moonshine. It alters my perspective of life. I’m enjoying it to the fullest, my way, already. :cool:

P.S. if the hull art on Princess ships is some of the biggest concerns people here have, they really have issues. Get over it. Get past it. It’s here to stay whether you like it or not.

Some interesting posts, and even as an old time cruiser, to me no big deal. When I'm on the ship, I can't see it and if I were to go somewhere with a gazillion ships in port, I would like it. :)

That must be why Aida started the wild painting on their hulls.

When NCL started it, I didn’t like it because I thought ships, like currency, should have a certain amount of gravitas.

Now that my favorite cruise line is doing it, I have to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums