Deciding on Suite on Silver Cloud

Peanutbrittle56

I am looking for information on the Silver Cloud Suites; to be exact the Silver Suite vs. the Owner's Suite 1 bedroom. My husband and I are thinking of taking the cruise from Puerto Rico to Caribbean next March 2015 on Silver Cloud for our 35th anniversary and I am deciding on the accommodations. Silver Suite fare is much less than the Owner's Suite, but we like spacious cabins. Seems to be only a difference of about 40sq. ft. between the two. I like the mid-ship location of both, but still thinking of the Grand Suite; over 1,000sq. ft., but it's at the front of the ship. Any comments on the ship motion on this size ship in March in Caribbean waters would be helpful.

I love the little Silvers, but I live in a small house and like cozy...
I love you Duct Tape!

For those of us who slum it in the Vistas and Verandas, I about spat my afternoon tea out when I read your post :eek: thinking how those little Silvers are twice as big as my Vista.

Your travel style is what I aspire too someday! :)

The Grand Suite can be noisy due to the anchor, so the Owner's Suite is preferable if cost is not an issue. However, the Owner's Suite is below the pool deck and if the crew is sliding deck chairs around early in the morning, there might be some noise. Personally, I would opt for the Silver suite. Great location and plenty big enough.

I love you Duct Tape!

For those of us who slum it in the Vistas and Verandas, I about spat my afternoon tea out when I read your post :eek: thinking how those little Silvers are twice as big as my Vista.

Your travel style is what I aspire too someday! :)

Stumble: me too. But remember, we who live in Vista or Veranda can take at least 3 cruises for the cost of 1 or 2 -- and really dahling - I don't spend that much time in my SUITE, the amenities of which, and service, are more than adequate.

Dusa aka Mary Ann;)

Stumble: me too. But remember, we who live in Vista or Veranda can take at least 3 cruises for the cost of 1 or 2 -- and really dahling - I don't spend that much time in my SUITE, the amenities of which, and service, are more than adequate.

Dusa aka Mary Ann;)

Indeed Dusa! Love your style too!

The Grand Suite can be noisy due to the anchor, so the Owner's Suite is preferable if cost is not an issue. However, the Owner's Suite is below the pool deck and if the crew is sliding deck chairs around early in the morning, there might be some noise. Personally, I would opt for the Silver suite. Great location and plenty big enough.

Thank you Cool Cruiser for this reply, however after reading another post by Silver Spectre re: Silver Cloud's demise, I may have to re-think this trip and find another ship altogether :(

Thank you Cool Cruiser for this reply, however after reading another post by Silver Spectre re: Silver Cloud's demise, I may have to re-think this trip and find another ship altogether :(

It was my intention to question the long term (5 years or more) future of the Cloud and to highlight some of the issues that appeared on our cruise. I was not predicting the Cloud's imminent demise.

With regard to the Owners v Silver Suites on the Cloud I was only reporting the problems that beset the occupants of the Owners Suite on that voyage.

None of the above should stop you having a great cruise on the Cloud, hopefully it helps inform your decision of which suite to take.

If you find it noisy, from the above pool deck in the morning, talk to the pool guys, and the delivery guys from the galley, and ask them to use the other doors. Also ask the pool guys to start setting up from the opposite side. Usually helps. Of course, the folks on the other side aren't thrilled but you don't need to tell them!

It was my intention to question the long term (5 years or more) future of the Cloud and to highlight some of the issues that appeared on our cruise. I was not predicting the Cloud's imminent demise.

With regard to the Owners v Silver Suites on the Cloud I was only reporting the problems that beset the occupants of the Owners Suite on that voyage.

None of the above should stop you having a great cruise on the Cloud, hopefully it helps inform your decision of which suite to take.

Thank you for this clarification; I suppose there will be minor problems with any cruise line. "Demise" may have been a strong word to use as I was only worried that the ship was getting older without some major rehab taking place. I'm trying to take all information into consideration. Thank you for replying.

If you find it noisy, from the above pool deck in the morning, talk to the pool guys, and the delivery guys from the galley, and ask them to use the other doors. Also ask the pool guys to start setting up from the opposite side. Usually helps. Of course, the folks on the other side aren't thrilled but you don't need to tell them!

Thank you for this suggestion, I never would have thought of this! I covet my sleep on vacations and this will definitely help me out. My husband can sleep through anything! After taking into consideration everyone's helpful suggestions I will be depositing this week on the Owner's Suite for our 35th Anniversary Cruise! Thanks all!

• 3 months later...
When taking the Owners Suite, any extra perks?

Rick

Dom and caviar passed out in the lifeboats when abandoning ship!

(Not sure of any other perks - feel so pampered when aboard I see no reason to pay for anything above true steerage - vista!)

Deck 6 midship/lobbyish is my sweet spot.

Great to hear. Am looking at the Silver Cloud #640 for a Jan-Feb. 2015 Amazon-Caribbean, 26-day adventure. Handy to the lobby, elevators, stairs, etc. Don't think it will be a noise problem being close to the lobby. OK, right?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 154,959 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Terry, I think you may prefer the next " pod" of rooms, 634, 636, 637 or 639. The fist few rooms are subject to noise occasionally. Groups meet there for excursions, the Cr Consultant's desk is there as well as the Guest Relations Mgr. just a thought for you to consider.

Terry, I think you may prefer the next " pod" of rooms, 634, 636, 637 or 639. The fist few rooms are subject to noise occasionally. Groups meet there for excursions, the Cr Consultant's desk is there as well as the Guest Relations Mgr. just a thought for you to consider.

Appreciate the great tip and thought from the super experienced duck tape. Will check more. The key point is that my wife really likes this Amazon-Caribbean potential to be gone during the heart of the cold Ohio winter. PLUS, seeing the Caribbean and Amazon regions for the first time. AND, on a nice, small, very personal ship. Any ideas on which crew members will be on this ship with us?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 73,980 views for this fun posting.