Upgrade fairy will she leave a vm message?

Sass4

They usually email you or your TA. Near received a call for an upgrade .

The few upgrades that we have been offered were always by phone and if we were not home we were given 30 minutes to return the call. I've never heard of Revenue/C&A sending an email in regards to an upgrade.

We were upgraded for our Freedom cruise Sunday. No one contacted us or our TA. I was checking something in the reservation online and noticed it. Contacted the TA to get new edocs so luggage tags are correct. This was 2 -3 weeks ago.

Previous upgrades either we or the TA was called. A couple of times we were upgraded at the port with no notice since they were because of last minute cancellations.

The few upgrades that we have been offered were always by phone and if we were not home we were given 30 minutes to return the call. I've never heard of Revenue/C&A sending an email in regards to an upgrade.

Hey Patti....we did receive an upgrade via email. It said congratulations you have received a complimentary upgrade with a new invoice attachment. We did have our profile set for an automatic upgrade for that cruise...I guess it worked, we haven't gotten once since! ;)

BTW...love the new grand kids picture! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Patti....we did receive an upgrade via email. It said congratulations you have received a complimentary upgrade with a new invoice attachment. We did have our profile set for an automatic upgrade for that cruise...I guess it worked, we haven't gotten once since! ;)

BTW...love the new grand kids picture! :)

I'm curious where I change my profile to show automatic upgrade? If Ibooked through a TA does that mean the option is not there? Thanks!

We were upgraded on our last cruise from an Oceanview to a Balcony. We were notified by an Email that stated "Notification of Change", it was new documents with the change! We were thrilled! I did have my preferences checked to upgrade. So yes there is an upgrade fairy!

We were upgraded on our last cruise from an Oceanview to a Balcony. We were notified by an Email that stated "Notification of Change", it was new documents with the change! We were thrilled! I did have my preferences checked to upgrade. So yes there is an upgrade fairy!

We would have been thrilled as well. From a business point of view, they must do free upgrades after they have exhausted the upsell route ? This must be to sell less expensive cabins after they have move booked passengers up the grades ?

We've been upgraded 3 times. Each time we only found out when we logged into our account not via email either to us or to our TA - once was 10 days before sailing and twice was 2 days before sailing. :)

I would set my preferences to upgrade, but... I do like that they have the "only if it is my deck or higher" option, but I wish they also had an option of "only in my selected section (forward/mid/aft) of the ship" as while I would love an upgrade, I LOVE the forward section of the ship - to me, mid-ship or aft-ship is NOT an upgrade. I would be happy to be upgraded to a balcony in the forward section, but NOT further back. Ergo, I'll just be sticking with my forward-facing ocean view (unless the fairy overrides my "I do not desire an upgrade" checkmark).