Anthem of the seas - Gym - no place to change or clean up after workout - is this tru

AdvGirl

I'm curious about this myself now, after having been on Oasis and Allure, where there is only a tiny locker area in the fitness center.

Believe it or not, this is one of the reasons I've stayed away from Oasis class ships. Every other class ship (Indy, Explorer and down) has a nice locker room, and enjoyable sauna and steam room and showers. I'll typically use the sauna and steam followed by a hot shower after a beach day when DW is using the shower back in our room. Making me pay to use the sauna rubs me the wrong way. The price of the cruise on those ships is high enough without the extra cost of using the sauna.

I've never ever given the locker rooms a thought. I always change up and shower in my cabin. Maybe if I had any desire to use a steam room or sauna, I might feel differently. They're one of the few things in life that grosses me out.

RCI and Steiner Leisure that run the spas on RCI ships have actually downgraded their services on Quantum Class. They were already basic on Oasis class. This includes the paid Thermal Suite, where they only have one shower in the actual thermal area.

The gym and Thermal suite do have access to the same small locker room with one for men and one for women. The men's locker room has one small shower which was a major downgrade from the 7 showers on Oasis and 6 on Freedom and Voyager class.

The new NCL and MSC ships have fantastic complementary locker rooms and paid thermal areas.

Believe it or not, this is one of the reasons I've stayed away from Oasis class ships. Every other class ship (Indy, Explorer and down) has a nice locker room, and enjoyable sauna and steam room and showers. I'll typically use the sauna and steam followed by a hot shower after a beach day when DW is using the shower back in our room. Making me pay to use the sauna rubs me the wrong way. The price of the cruise on those ships is high enough without the extra cost of using the sauna.
Six or seven showers on the Oasis class ships, sauna also, guess you missed it?????:rolleyes:

Six or seven showers on the Oasis class ships, sauna also, guess you missed it?????:rolleyes:

Nope.

Oasis and Allure have a PAID thermal suite with two specialty showers and men's/women's locker rooms with a several showers in the spa area. The "six or seven" was referring to that, not the fitness center itself.

On earlier ships, which we also prefer, the fitness center has a full-sized locker room with steam room and sauna and several showers for the use of any passenger, no extra cost.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

RCI and Steiner Leisure that run the spas on RCI ships have actually downgraded their services on Quantum Class. They were already basic on Oasis class. This includes the paid Thermal Suite, where they only have one shower in the actual thermal area.

The gym and Thermal suite do have access to the same small locker room with one for men and one for women. The men's locker room has one small shower which was a major downgrade from the 7 showers on Oasis and 6 on Freedom and Voyager class.

The new NCL and MSC ships have fantastic complementary locker rooms and paid thermal areas.

Are you sure about the last sentence? I feel like the locker/shower rooms on Getaway were behind the checkpoint where I had to show my spa pass.