Quickie question of formal wear....

Mudhen

John has a lovely white dinner jacket. I know in the states, white isn't (supposedly) proper until after Memorial Day. Our cruise is at the end of April in the Med. Can he wear it? Yup, I understand about looking like Guy Lombardo, a head waiter, etc. but he likes it and if I can get him in it with out a knock down, drag 'em out fight, that would be a great and wonderful thing! (He also has a "normal" black tux that he will bring too). Thanks in advance

Linda

Love the enthusiastic answers to Mudhen's ? And enjoy Henry's sense of humor too. Will also bring a dinner jacket for Norway on the Wind this July, but do not plan to bring it for Antarctica on the Cloud early next year.

Mudhen, hope your husband and you have a terrific Med voyage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John has a lovely white dinner jacket. I know in the states, white isn't (supposedly) proper until after Memorial Day. Our cruise is at the end of April in the Med. Can he wear it? Yup, I understand about looking like Guy Lombardo, a head waiter, etc. but he likes it and if I can get him in it with out a knock down, drag 'em out fight, that would be a great and wonderful thing! (He also has a "normal" black tux that he will bring too). Thanks in advance

Linda

The white before Memorial Day prohibition doesn't apply to men's formal jackets. And at any rate, it is outdated. I dress based on the weather, and I think most other people do these days too. Wore white slacks to dinner last weekend as it was 85 degrees outside, and what do you know, my friend showed up in white slacks too.

They don't know what Memorial Day is in the Med!

Sadly, probably true. But, I guarantee you a lot of Italians know what it is as they remember the sacrifice made by many Americans on their behalf. If you don't believe me, check out the Florence American cemetery or the Sicily–Rome American cemetery sometime. They will both make your eyes tear, regardless of your nationality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk