Dining reservations pre-cruise question (also La Reserve)

RTPGiants

We're cruising with our parents and thus are on a different booking than they are. From reading the forum, it seems that once dining reservations open up, we can make one and then "invite" them to it rather than us both having to make separate reservations. Is that correct? It's not open yet for our class of cabin, so I can't try this experimentally, but want to be ready.

Now...with La Reserve, I see that this is open. I want to make a reservation for myself and my mother. I see I can pick myself and can pay, etc. right now. But I'm not seeing any way to "invite" someone else. Do we both just need to make individual reservations for this instead?

Thanks!

When the dining res opens for your cat

say NO to sharing then you can invite your guests

it will ask for their booking number & names

if all else fails call O or ask your TA to book it for you

For La Reserve you could call & book it that way then you are assured you will get in

They only have 24 spots

We're cruising with our parents and thus are on a different booking than they are. From reading the forum, it seems that once dining reservations open up, we can make one and then "invite" them to it rather than us both having to make separate reservations. Is that correct? It's not open yet for our class of cabin, so I can't try this experimentally, but want to be ready.

Now...with La Reserve, I see that this is open. I want to make a reservation for myself and my mother. I see I can pick myself and can pay, etc. right now. But I'm not seeing any way to "invite" someone else. Do we both just need to make individual reservations for this instead?

Thanks!

cr.png

First off, La Reserve is not considered a Restaurant per se, it is wine venue. Therefore the Restaurant rules do not apply.

Any passenger may book (by paying the fee) as soon as the availability can be seen Online. These disappear quickly, so do it now ;p

For Specialty Restaurants, you will need the booking #'s of all parties. The first person able to access the reservation system books the table and "invites" others by inserting their booking #.

(* Note) Invited guests also use up their reservations by accepting the invitation, the sole advantage to being invited is in dining at the same table. The maximum table size is 8, but 6 is far easier to get. 4 is a breeze.

Thanks, yes I'm aware La Reserve is limited in space and is more of a wine venue. Question was still about how to "invite" others, but perhaps the best bet is to simply call them rather than trying to do it online.

Sorry, I thought that I had addressed your "invite issue"

I'll try again, because even if you resolve your situation via telephone, others may be frustrated by not knowing the process.

1) La Reserve is not handled through the regular reservation system, it is a first come first served operation, whereby anyone may book as soon as the availability appears on the Site.

A fee is assessed at the time of booking. Invitations are not offered.

2) Reservations in the Specialty Restaurants do offer an invite option, in that one Passenger may request that another join a reserved table, by inputting a second Passengers' name and booking #.

That second passenger must agree to use part of their allotted Reservation Guarantee in order to accept.

Hope this was clearer!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Sorry, I thought that I had addressed your "invite issue"

1) La Reserve is not handled through the regular reservation system, it is a first come first served operation, whereby anyone may book as soon as the availability appears on the Site.

A fee is assessed at the time of booking. Invitations are not offered.

Right, so what I was hoping was something like I go online, I pick myself, and enter another booking #, and pick someone else from that booking and pay the fee for both of us. But that doesn't seem possible. That's all I was confirming here.

Thanks again!

Right, so what I was hoping was something like I go online, I pick myself, and enter another booking #, and pick someone else from that booking and pay the fee for both of us. But that doesn't seem possible. That's all I was confirming here.

Thanks again!

LOL, I think that our miscommunication is a slight case of micromanagement. which can be simply solved.

You may certainly pay your mothers fee at La Reserve, they take anybodies money!

what is the charge for le reserve?
The cost depends on the menu which they are serving on that given evening.

There are three menu choices, only 1 seating per evening and only 1 menu is served. .

Scroll down to La Reserve to see the different menus here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/cuisine/

How long before cruise do they open the pre booking for speciality (sic) restaurants?

Reservation access is dependant on the class of accomodation booked. The OVO Suites go first, then Penthouses, then Verandas, Oceanview and finally insides. Edited by JimandStan

Cape girl;

One's specialty restaurant booking date is set by their cabin class.If you go to the O website, then manage my account, it will tell you the exact date you can begin booking the reservations for that cruise. That is the same portal you will use in making those reservations, so familiarize yourself with it if you haven't already .

How long before cruise do they open the pre booking for speciality restaurants?

it should have the date you can book on your invoice if not check under MY ACCOUNT on Oceania's website

You need to sign in of course

Also keep in mind that there is an 18% gratuity on the La Reserve price.

If you have purchased a drink package you will get a 20% discount on La Reserve.

If you get the drink package as a perk you are not allowed the discount, even if you've paid for an upgrade.

When we traveled with my folks (who are not internet-oriented) a few years ago, with their permission I created an online ID for them with their booking number so I could make arrangements for them (excursions, etc). You could do this with/for your mother if you wish.

Don't Concierge Verandas go with the Penthouses? Then regular verandas/oceanview/inside?

I dont think so...its PH or above that gets earily pick.. But dont get wound up too tight,,,,in most 10/14 day cruises, once on board you will get plenty of opportunity to book more, and there are always short notice cancellations. Any time the ship gets a little rocky the reservations open up as seasick prome folks cancel in droves. Early pick is nice its not the last word however....dont fret

Don't Concierge Verandas go with the Penthouses? Then regular verandas/oceanview/inside?

Actually concierge goes after the PH rooms. Both are in a level by themselves. The top suites go first, then PH, then CC, then everything below that in one final group.

I would post the chart of the dates when each is available but I'm using a really old iPad that I can't get to work right. Maybe someone with access to it could post it.

Actually concierge goes after the PH rooms. Both are in a level by themselves. The top suites go first, then PH, then CC, then everything below that in one final group.

I would post the chart of the dates when each is available but I'm using a really old iPad that I can't get to work right. Maybe someone with access to it could post it.

Thankx. Found it.

• Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  • Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  • Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
  • Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

I cruised on the Marina about 2 years ago and did not get to experience La Reserve - although I am sailing on her in September 2017 and wanted to try La Reserve, I have seen two people now refer to La Reserve as a "wine venue" and not a restaurant, per se. My husband and I are not serious drinkers and even less educated about wine - I have about 1 glass a month, if that - and I do not enjoy many different wines (I like moscato, for the most part). I do, however, really enjoy a good meal! Would going to La Reserve be a waste of time for us?

Lori;

The venue is about pairing wines and food. Even though the food is excellent, I would advise you to save your money and keep the seat open for other cruisers that enjoy such venues. You will be served maybe one dessert wine, such as your Moscato. Most of the wines are dry reds and dry whites.

I cruised on the Marina about 2 years ago and did not get to experience La Reserve - although I am sailing on her in September 2017 and wanted to try La Reserve, I have seen two people now refer to La Reserve as a "wine venue" and not a restaurant, per se.

It is a wine pairing venue with a set menu totally different from the other dining venues

Have a look at the sample menus & see if it is worth paying the extra fee

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/dining/la-reserve/

Lori;

The venue is about pairing wines and food. Even though the food is excellent, I would advise you to save your money and keep the seat open for other cruisers that enjoy such venues. You will be served maybe one dessert wine, such as your Moscato. Most of the wines are dry reds and dry whites.

Well, it is a shame that I can't just go for the excellent food and just sip at the wine - I should definitely give up the seats I might use for someone more worthy of appreciating different fine wines. :rolleyes: Thanks for setting me straight.