Dining reservations pre-cruise question (also La Reserve)

RTPGiants

Well, it is a shame that I can't just go for the excellent food and just sip at the wine - .

If you want to go & enjoy the food just pay the fee and enjoy

I have heard of non drinkers going & enjoying the different menus

Lyn

If you want to go & enjoy the food just pay the fee and enjoy

I have heard of non drinkers going & enjoying the different menus

Lyn

Especially if you can manage to book it with non refundable OBC that you otherwise might not know how to spend, This won't be easy as you would have to book it onboard and usually LR is sold out by then - but you never know.

Especially if you can manage to book it with non refundable OBC that you otherwise might not know how to spend, This won't be easy as you would have to book it onboard and usually LR is sold out by then - but you never know.

I thought of that too - great idea. We do have the OBC so I will see if there are any spots left when we get onboard. I really love some of the menu choices although some think I am not worthy of taking the spaces since I am not a wine connoisseur...

Lori;

Sorry you are so easily offended. My point was the meals are from $125-$200, depending upon venue chosen. The food is great, but without the wine, it's not a $125-$200 meal by any stretch. It would not be as good bargain for you as for someone that likes and appreciated a wider host of wines. Therefore, I recommended to save your money. But, If you have the money and want to spend it, please go for it.

On this board, many of the posters recommend people do research and not pay for Oceania's high price tours. On this board, many of the posters recommend people not pay the exorbitant prices for Oceania's pre and post hotels.

On this board, many of the posters recommend people do the basic research and not pay Oceania's highly priced transfers.

However, people book those Oceania amenities on a regular basis, because they want to . I would recommend people that don't like wine not pay the price and book La Reserve. Feel free to ignore any recommendation you desire and pay the costs, without the faux offensive take.

I thought of that too - great idea. We do have the OBC so I will see if there are any spots left when we get onboard. I really love some of the menu choices although some think I am not worthy of taking the spaces since I am not a wine connoisseur...

Why must everything be for everybody? Would you send vegetarian friends to a steakhouse because the fries, onion rings and desserts were good? :confused:

There is so much wonderful food available on Oceania that it is silly to make an issue of this.

People who don't like French food skip Jacques, those that dislike Asian take a pass on Red Ginger. That is what choice is about.

In La Reserve, the focus is on wine, so if wine is not your thing, skip it, and graciously leave that place open for someone who will enjoy the complete experience.

*Note* La Reserve only holds 48 per evening, and isn't open every night. Reservations are VERY limited.

*Note* La Reserve only holds 48 per evening, and isn't open every night. Reservations are VERY limited.

When did they expand the restaurant ??

It was only 24 spots in the past

correct as usual, LHT,

all the more reason to leave it to the Wine set ;)

sorry I will disagree with you here

if someone likes the food menu & is willing to pay the fee then I say go for it

If I was on Lori's cruise I would join her she can have my food except dessert ;) & I will drink her wine

to each his own

I will leave the Martinis to you & Stan :halo:

If I was on Lori's cruise I would join her she can have my food except dessert ;) & I will drink her wine

to each his own

:cocktail::cocktail: We appreciate the Martini's more than you know, particularly after re-reading this thread. :rolleyes:

I would remind you, however, in the nicest possible way

August-17-2011-16-52-31-justbecauseyoucan.jpeg

That just because you CAN

Does not mean that you SHOULD.

As you say, at the end of the day, to each his own, Graciousness is a gift not a demand.

:cocktail::cocktail: We appreciate the Martini's more than you know, particularly after re-reading this thread. :rolleyes:

I would remind you, however, in the nicest possible way

August-17-2011-16-52-31-justbecauseyoucan.jpeg

That just because you CAN

Does not mean that you SHOULD.

As you say, at the end of the day, to each his own, Graciousness is a gift not a demand.

All I gotta say is He MUST really love his Grandmother.

I was on the Riviera this past January for a 10 day cruise; 3 dates with different menus were available for La Reserve; one was sold out before I could book; I reserved one - you have to pay in full on booking.

Once on board a 4th La Reserve night was opened - it had the same menu as the sold out night; I booked it and paid with my ship credit. Neither of the two La Reserve dinners I attended were sold out, so don't stress overly if they appear sold out when you try to book. The dinners are quite nice affairs with appreciative patrons.

Riviera also has a wine tasting which is worth a look once you board; the appetizers were very good with decent wines; again a nice time.

to each his own

Thanks so much for your understanding.

Why must everything be for everybody? Would you send vegetarian friends to a steakhouse because the fries, onion rings and desserts were good? :confused:

There is so much wonderful food available on Oceania that it is silly to make an issue of this.

People who don't like French food skip Jacques, those that dislike Asian take a pass on Red Ginger. That is what choice is about.

In La Reserve, the focus is on wine, so if wine is not your thing, skip it, and graciously leave that place open for someone who will enjoy the complete experience.

Would you deny someone colorblind or without a sense of smell the sight of a large field of colorful, fragrant flowers? Is not everyone entitled to this experience, even if they would not enjoy one small part of it to the full extent of someone else? Pinotlover's original reply to me: keepthe seat open for other cruisers that enjoy such venues. This to me is telling me I should not have the opportunity to be there since I am not a wine fanatic. If I took offense, that is my opinion and my right to do so.

Peace! I wish no quarrel with anyone. You are correct, this is what choice is all about - and I should have the same choice and not made to feel as if I should not just because of a lack of wine fanaticism. I want to enjoy my vacation and wish the same joy to all of you.

From my experience the wine pairings at La Reserve were nice but not challenging or particularly crucial to enjoyment of the meal. The wines were not at the level one would normally experience when matched with a degustation menu at a nice restaurant. Lori you could definitely enjoy the experience and might even expand your wine palette a bit which you will find to be of lasting benefit. The food preps are outstanding.

From my experience the wine pairings at La Reserve were nice but not challenging or particularly crucial to enjoyment of the meal. The wines were not at the level one would normally experience when matched with a degustation menu at a nice restaurant. Lori you could definitely enjoy the experience and might even expand your wine palette a bit which you will find to be of lasting benefit. The food preps are outstanding.

This is right on, We don't drink but do enjoy dinner at La Reserve when we cruised "O". When we do again I'm sure we'll book La Reserve it's that good.

If you see the available dates and menus at the website (when you sign in for My Account), you can book. I booked several months ago for La Reserve on our November 2017 cruise.

It doesn't appear that I can book La Reserve for our April 2018 cruise. At least not yet.

Mura

When do reservations for La Reserve open up? Meaning how many days prior to the cruise. Thanks

As Mura says, there is no hard and fast rule. They will take your money as early as it is decided that the venue will be open.

Monitor your "My Account" page often to know when that will be. ;)