if you had your choice

princess76021

my sister in law is giving us a gift of a pre-cruise hotel for our 45th anniversary :D, she is giving us these choices, which would you pick:confused:

w fort lauderdale

sheraton yankee clipper

westin beach resort and spa

has anyone stayed at any of these? is there a way to the cruise ship from them? :rolleyes:

thanks in advance!!!:)

The W and Westin are a bit north of the port, in the midst of the classic spring break neighborhood. So lots of moderately priced places to eat and drink within a couple blocks if you don't mind the younger crowd. Or there's Shula's Steakhouse in the Westin for a (big) splurge. Reviews of the Westin can be mixed; the W is on a slightly quieter side street. The former Yankee Clipper is closer to the port but a bit further from restaurants and shops, and would only be comparable if you had a beachfront room. So that would be another vote for the W from me; I attended an anniversary party there a few years ago and would be forever grateful for a free night.

Edited by fishywood

The W and Westin are a bit north of the port, in the midst of the classic spring break neighborhood. So lots of moderately priced places to eat and drink within a couple blocks if you don't mind the younger crowd. Or there's Shula's Steakhouse in the Westin for a (big) splurge. Reviews of the Westin can be mixed; the W is on a slightly quieter side street. The former Yankee Clipper is closer to the port but a bit further from restaurants and shops, and would only be comparable if you had a beachfront room. So that would be another vote for the W from me; I attended an anniversary party there a few years ago and would be forever grateful for a free night.

thank you, thank you one and all. sounds like the w has won out!!!!:D

I live a mile from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and have stayed at W a few times for a mini vacation. I've been inside the other hotels and would have no interest staying there. Of course there is nothing wrong with them and if you are just looking for a room at the beach they are absolutely fine. But once you've done the W, you don't want to go back. Like once you've done a Celebrity cruise, you have no interest in a Celebration cruise.:)

I live a mile from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale and have stayed at W a few times for a mini vacation. I've been inside the other hotels and would have no interest staying there. Of course there is nothing wrong with them and if you are just looking for a room at the beach they are absolutely fine. But once you've done the W, you don't want to go back. Like once you've done a Celebrity cruise, you have no interest in a Celebration cruise.:)

awesome!!!! thank you!!!

For sure the W.

Congratulations on your 45 wedding anniversary and what a nice gift from your sister in law.

Keith

she is the best!!!:D i love my in-laws!!! :eek: how many people can say that???!!!:):rolleyes:

and btw, thank you on the congrats!!!!

Edited by princess76021

my sister in law is giving us a gift of a pre-cruise hotel for our 45th anniversary :D, she is giving us these choices, which would you pick:confused:

w fort lauderdale

sheraton yankee clipper

westin beach resort and spa

has anyone stayed at any of these? is there a way to the cruise ship from them? :rolleyes:

thanks in advance!!!:)

How nice, happy anniversery!

Not to put a damper on the W, but we have stayed there, although REALLY nice we found it to be geared to a younger demographic than we are. WE were early 50s at the time we stayed.

we are a bit older, however, it's just going to be a one day pre-cruise stay, don't think it should matter much, should it?:confused:

we are a bit older, however, it's just going to be a one day pre-cruise stay, don't think it should matter much, should it?:confused:

No, it should not........W's are usually VERY nice hotels:D