San Juan Flight Question

DShock

Changed my original 4:00 PM departure out of San Juan on Sept 6 to a 12:50 departure on US Air. Gets us back to Denver almost 4 hours earlier so worth it to us. Anyone recently do this flight? Hoping they are all on time that day!

Changed my original 4:00 PM departure out of San Juan on Sept 6 to a 12:50 departure on US Air. Gets us back to Denver almost 4 hours earlier so worth it to us. Anyone recently do this flight? Hoping they are all on time that day!

Haven't done that specific flight, but you wil be fine.

Have a great cruise!

I'm opting for a 11:30am + (it keeps getting a little later each time DL makes a change) flight out of SJU..and not concerned at all...from what other's have said no need to spend more time than necessary at SJU.

Just remember to stop by USDA scanners before you check in at the airline counters.

don't forget!! we didn't know the first time. you'll be fine on a noon-ish flight. we did it 3 years ago and are doing it again next year. we were at airport far ahead of time- but I am not sure I'd be comfortable with the 9:30am.

All bags must go through agricultural inspection at San Juan airport before they are checked by the airline.

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. I've never flown into or out of San Juan. January will be my first time.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

You will have no problems with that flight. I have taken it a few times and always have plenty of time to grab a quick bite to eat and go out of security for one last cigarette when taking that flight.

Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. I've never flown into or out of San Juan. January will be my first time.

When you walk in the main terminal doors, you will basically need to do a 180. The USDA scanners will be behind you off to the right or left. There are several in the main terminal building.

I was a little worried about that my first cruise out of SJ last May. There have been stories of people missing that inspection and having to go back. At least as of last May, in the terminal were Southwest is, it's right inside the terminal, you can't miss it, they won't let you pass through it. We got there around 11am and there was no waiting.

Interesting its been a while since I cruised on anything but an Oasis class ship. I am crusing on Adventure in San Juan in May 2015, I am wondering if my 1215 flight via Delta. if I should walk off the ship with my bags and just wait at the airport for a while or just wait and take my turn and try to find my luggage ? Is the Walk off time still around 630 to what time ?

Interesting its been a while since I cruised on anything but an Oasis class ship. I am crusing on Adventure in San Juan in May 2015, I am wondering if my 1215 flight via Delta. if I should walk off the ship with my bags and just wait at the airport for a while or just wait and take my turn and try to find my luggage ? Is the Walk off time still around 630 to what time ?

If you get a low enough bag number, you have enough time to make it to the airport. Just talk with Guest Services mid week and ask them for a low bag number.

You will have no problems with that flight. I have taken it a few times and always have plenty of time to grab a quick bite to eat and go out of security for one last cigarette when taking that flight.

When you walk in the main terminal doors, you will basically need to do a 180. The USDA scanners will be behind you off to the right or left. There are several in the main terminal building.

And the USDA inspection has to occur BEFORE you check in with the airline or go through security.

I'm flying Delta (first time flying out of SJU next month) and am surprised there is even the option to miss the USDA check point :confused:

So is this the reason no more RCI luggage valet at San Juan any longer..how did this work when it was offered ?

Just remember to stop by USDA scanners before you check in at the airline counters.

I almost made this mistake in May, didn't realize we had to and we waited in the check-in line for about a half hour before being told we had to go back, another 20 minutes in line at USDA, then close to 45 minutes back at check in. We started getting really nervous, but got to the gate about 5 minutes before they started boarding.

I'm flying Delta (first time flying out of SJU next month) and am surprised there is even the option to miss the USDA check point :confused:

It was really easy to miss the checkpoint, unfortunately. We didn't realize we had to go through it until we tried to check our bags, not sure how they would have handled it if we didn't check bags, probably get turned away at security when trying to put the carry-ons through.