Non refundable deposit

lbfluffy

i was pricing some cruises out and it looks like they have a $200 non refundable deposit on cruises. The TA said that Princess just started this. Are you all finding this to be happening for upcoming cruises?

i was pricing some cruises out and it looks like they have a $200 non refundable deposit on cruises. The TA said that Princess just started this. Are you all finding this to be happening for upcoming cruises?

This is one specific sale. Other sales and "normal" pricing without a sale have refundable deposits. Princess has been offering some sales with nonrefundable deposits for a while.

For example, Sip and Sail for cruises from Summer 2018 through Spring 2019 has refundable deposits.

The Panama cruise I'm looking at for next November, one TA said it was non refundable, but another agency said it was refundable. Right now I have the Island booked with the agent that said it was refundable. I was just checking to see if the other agent was cheaper.

The Panama cruise I'm looking at for next November, one TA said it was non refundable, but another agency said it was refundable. Right now I have the Island booked with the agent that said it was refundable. I was just checking to see if the other agent was cheaper.

A good way to find out is to do a mock booking & read all of the fine print. This is an easy way to answer your question regardless of what an agent says. What ship & cruise are you on?

Tom😎

A good way to find out is to do a mock booking & read all of the fine print. This is an easy way to answer your question regardless of what an agent says. What ship & cruise are you on?

Tom😎

The island on November 20th 2018, ocean to ocean ending in San Francisco. The agency we booked with currently is giving us AIBP and free gratuities.

The other agency is a little less, but no free gratuities.

As others said, it's currently only on specific sales. Who knows what they'll do in the future. Even though we've only ever canceled one cruise, I had pretty much decided I just wasn't going to book a sailing with a non-refundable deposit. But then, along came that "deal you can't refuse" and I caved and booked it with non-refundable deposit. So much for decisions!

The island on November 20th 2018, ocean to ocean ending in San Francisco. The agency we booked with currently is giving us AIBP and free gratuities.

The other agency is a little less, but no free gratuities.

You may also be comparing different sales.

For example - one agency had a specific unique sale recently that was a 3 day sale or something like that that had free gratuities and AIBP.

The current sale is available to all agencies but doesn't include free gratuities.

Princess does periodically run some specials that are refundable and some are not, important to check before booking.

I have been getting e mails from our cruise planner about various cruise options on Princess.

So, I called her to give feedback.about the non-refundable deposits for certain cruises.

We were looking at a 10 day Caribbean cruise sailing at the end of Feb,2018.There was a non-refundable deposit for this cruise.

We have decided not to book this cruise since their is a chance we may need to cancel due to some health issues.

This cruise planner said that she has gotten many comments about the non-refundable deposits and appreciated my thoughts and claimed that she would forward the comments to those responsible for marketing the cruises.

I think it helps to voice an opinion to a cruiseline if there is a change in the way they usually conduct business.

Princess ( and other cruiselines) are well aware that there is competition for passenger business.

I do notice that the new Sip and Sale promotion does have a refundable deposit.

Perhaps Princess marketing staff realized that non-refundable deposits are not the way to go.

I have an 8 day Caribbean cruise booked under the Red White and Blue sale. It was an itinerary that I have been looking at for a while but even on sale I felt that the obstructed ocean view room that I booked on the Caribbean Princess was over priced. There was a non refundable deposit but I booked it for a $1 deposit. I figured the price might come down. In the mean time the Sip and Sail $100 deposit promotion started. However you needed to book a balcony and above. There was a 10 day reposition cruise from NY to Ft Lauderdale on the Regal which I was also eyeing up. I booked the cheapest balcony which turned out to be one of the deluxe forward facing extra large obstructed balconies. I have the drink package and when I did the math it was actually $2 a day less than the 8 day cruise in an obstructed ocean view before I even factored in the drink package. To make the deal even sweater I only have to fly one way for the 10 cruise. So as it turns out I will be losing $2 if and when I cancel the 8 day cruise. I would never have booked under the Red White and Blue sale if it wasn't for the $1 deposit. There is no way I would be willing to give up a full deposit if I needed to cancel before final payment.