Spring Break avoidance dates?

RMS Olympic

Are there any weeks to avoid when booking? I have a March 1st sailing on the Sun and am wondering if the ship will be crazy with Spring Break students? I have sailed numerous times during the month of Feb, but not March.......are NCL ships over run with students?????

I am not a party pooper, but a ship filled to the max with party animals is not my cup of tea so to speak.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Im gonna be honest, crusing isnt really a big deal for the college crowd. Its too hard on those under 21 to drink. What you ahve to be on the look out for is your cruise to be over run with kids. Families all look to go on vacation over school breaks. Which is the reason we dont cruise March thru August.

We have sailed spring break several times. To us it is just remembering way back to yesteryear of what we used to look like and what we used to do when we were that age. The kids are not outrageous not are they obnoxious, no more that we were at that age.

When we go on spring break cruises, it we consider it a spectator sport.

Thanks for the heads up. I look okay on 3/29!:D:eek:;)

Actually the week of 3/29 is when the vast majority of elementary and high schools are off as it is the week before Easter in 2015

It will be very crowded and possible that all beds in cabins are being utilized.

Your ship will probably sail at 104% capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm travelling over from the UK. Am I right in Thinking our Feb 28th cruise on the getaway will be spring break free? (Not that I'm too concerned.)

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

I'm travelling over from the UK. Am I right in Thinking our Feb 28th cruise on the getaway will be spring break free? (Not that I'm too concerned.)

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

You are very very early in spring break

High schools and elementary schools will be in school

Only a very small number of colleges, if any at all, are on spring break that early

You are fine

Edited by luvtheships

Yea, college kids are not on cruises. The ones I teach are heading to Florida or Mexican beaches. The adventurous ones head to Europe or Africa for land trips.

Cruising isn't really a popular thing for college kids, unless mom and dad drag them along (they never turn down free trips).

We also avoid March to August when we can, but don't dismiss May too soon - it is after spring break and right before most schools let out - so the middle of the month we have had some really good vacations with relatively few kids. Good weather too.

We also avoid March to August when we can, but don't dismiss May too soon - it is after spring break and right before most schools let out - so the middle of the month we have had some really good vacations with relatively few kids. Good weather too.

May is a great time to do Europe.

Yea, college kids are not on cruises. The ones I teach are heading to Florida or Mexican beaches. The adventurous ones head to Europe or Africa for land trips.

Cruising isn't really a popular thing for college kids, unless mom and dad drag them along (they never turn down free trips).

Don't mean to be disagreeable, but Spring Break is a very popular time for short cruises , 5 days or less. I have been on several. And they do not go with Mom or Dad. Mom and/or Dad may pay for the cruise, but for the most part they do not accompany them. The last day or two most of them are out of money, so they pool their resources and proceed to party on.

I spoke with my NCL cruise consultant today and he stated a short cruise could have lots of college kids that party hard. A 7 day cruise out of Tampa should be fine.

While I had him on the phone I booked yet another cruise ...on the Star, Feb 21,2016. Nothing like planning ahead.

When I heard the star is getting a $30 million make over in 2015, I decided I would sail her. This way I am sailing new, old, new, old. .....Getaway followed by the Sun followed by the Escape followed by the Star. After that its back to Princess for a while;) 'Thanks for the responses to my thread........

Don't mean to be disagreeable, but Spring Break is a very popular time for short cruises , 5 days or less. I have been on several. And they do not go with Mom or Dad. Mom and/or Dad may pay for the cruise, but for the most part they do not accompany them. The last day or two most of them are out of money, so they pool their resources and proceed to party on.

Well, most short cruises are this way...regardless of time of year. I was just reporting on my experience teaching college students. In my years working with undergrads I've yet to meet one who went on a cruise during spring break without a parent.

As others mentioned, they need to be 21....which is often junior/senior year. Senior year they typically head off on senior trips.

Perhaps other regions of the country are different....where the students don't need to fly to get to the ship. Galveston prices are too high for the ones out here.....but maybe florida students are cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we cruised the first week of April 2014, the Getaway didn't seem to have a lot of children on it. Of course, we didn't have our kids with us, so we purposely ignored/didn't hang around the kid area...when we did, it didn't really seem too bad...or maybe I was just in la-la cruise state of mind and didn't notice??? lol

When we cruised the first week of April 2014, the Getaway didn't seem to have a lot of children on it. Of course, we didn't have our kids with us, so we purposely ignored/didn't hang around the kid area...when we did, it didn't really seem too bad...or maybe I was just in la-la cruise state of mind and didn't notice??? lol

In 2015 the first week of April is Easter time. It will be different.