Speciality restaurant charges?

vival

Found on the Celebrity Website under Onboard Experiences

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

Click on the Restaurants that are found on your ship... And then the icon for Extra Charge

Right now it ranges from a low of $ 7 to a high of $ 45... Depending on the Venue

You have to be booked into your My Celebrity Account to book online or you can call Celebrity (charged to your Credit Card immediately)

Pkg Deals are also available for booking online or on the ship... And there are sometimes Specials offered on the ship for slower times (ie Discount for first Night, or a Lunch vs Dinner)

As well once onboard you'll discover thru the daily "Celebrity Today" or during the first fay Walk Around (also thru Guest Relations... Or if there is a Food Expo) that there may be offerings for additional Specialty Food Experiences on your Sailing... Such as Champagne Tea, Chef's Table etc

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I apologise if this question is answered elsewhere but I have done a search and can't find it either on this board or on Celebrity's website.

What is the charge for The Speciality restaurants?

This list is for various packages, but you can easily determine the individual meal cost from it, as they give you the amount saved. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

Thanks I have found it now on the American site. I think my problem was I was on the UK site!

Indicate in your "Location" that you are from the UK. You may have some questions in the future and that would be helpful for anyone who might try to assist you.

I apologise if this question is answered elsewhere but I have done a search and can't find it either on this board or on Celebrity's website.

What is the charge for The Speciality restaurants?

Besides the info posted by others, once aboard they push 3 and 5 dinner packages. Also on the last sea day on Eclipse (past July) lunch in Tuscan Grill was $25.00 p/p for same menu offered during dinner for more $

Carole

lunches at Tuscan and Murano have had a scaled down menu for the $25 fee we've paid on both Reflection and Silhouette but Lawn club Grill had the full menu available when having lunch there. Don't expect to get the same experience as the resturant is much quieter and basically empty. We enjoyed our meals whether lunch or dinner

Thanks I have found it now on the American site. I think my problem was I was on the UK site!

Indicate in your "Location" that you are from the UK. You may have some questions in the future and that would be helpful for anyone who might try to assist you.

Agree with ORATOR

You might want to update your CC Profile so it at least shows the UK as your location. Many will look to that info when they reply to a Question, as situations can vary for Celebrity products / info dependent on where in the world you are ( ie local Celebrity Website / local Currency etc)

Cheers!

Wait until you get on board as I have not yet sailed without being offered a discount - 20 to 50%. If you want to make a booking there is usually a desk near the buffet just ask nicely if they have any offers. No! Then could I leave my cabin number should any arise? You do, of course, need to be flexible and no good for special occasion but if you are just wanting to try and have a lovely evening well worth asking - you can always pay full price if you wish.

The US speciality restaurant was $50 on our cruise on the Infinity in July. We really thought this was getting excessive and I think many others must have also as the ship was making major efforts to book it during the entire cruise.

This list is for various packages, but you can easily determine the individual meal cost from it, as they give you the amount saved. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11024491_CEL_SpecialtyDiningPck_Flyer2.pdf

quick question on this document. It says

We know choosing from our variety of exceptional restaurants onboard can be difficult. That’s why we offer our Wine & Dine packages - so you can enjoy them all. And better yet, at a savings of up to 29%. We make it easy to experience all of our innovative and award-winning restaurants, in some cases more than once. Choose from several packages that feature great wines. Or if you prefer, choose options without wine.

Wine & Dine packages include a 15% wine service charge. Wine selection is subject to change. Not all wine selections are available on all sailings. Alternate selections of equal value may be substituted at Celebrity’s

discretion.

Does this mean that whatever "package" deal you by in advance includes wine at dinner? I don't have the drink package, so curious if this is the case...

John in NC

The US speciality restaurant was $50 on our cruise on the Infinity in July. We really thought this was getting excessive and I think many others must have also as the ship was making major efforts to book it during the entire cruise.

Totally agree - certainly not worth $50 more than the MDR. On our first cruise we went to the Liners on the Constellation and I think we paid $30 extra. The meal and service were amazing. There was a cheese course - not that or a dessert! - and the waiter was so knowledgeable that he was able to suggest cheeses I would like - normally only Blue Stilton. We went back several times during that cruise. none of the speciality restaurants have come near that since. Certainly less courses and getting to be very silly prices.

To be really honest food and service in the MDR on our recent Eclipse cruise was exceptional. We had fantastic a waiter and wine waiter - food was excellent and served promptly and wine glass never empty. :rolleyes:perhaps why we had such a good time!

We know choosing from our variety of exceptional restaurants onboard can be difficult. That’s why we offer our Wine & Dine packages - so you can enjoy them all. And better yet, at a savings of up to 29%. We make it easy to experience all of our innovative and award-winning restaurants, in some cases more than once. Choose from several packages that feature great wines. Or if you prefer, choose options without wine.

Wine & Dine packages include a 15% wine service charge. Wine selection is subject to change. Not all wine selections are available on all sailings. Alternate selections of equal value may be substituted at Celebrity’s

discretion.

Does this mean that whatever "package" deal you by in advance includes wine at dinner? I don't have the drink package, so curious if this is the case...

John in NC

If you have not go back and read my Reply # 2 and check out the link therein.

Celebrity offers a variety of Specialty Dining Pkgs on BOTH their website and when you are aboard... You van book anything from a single meal thru to Dinner every night (Such as the example that FOUREMCO has provided the flyer to)

And yes, in the multiple night options they often offer a Dine With Wine Pkg. more often than not that means you get the meal & a bottle from a selected list.

Although, there are also Specialty Restaurant Meals that are Wine & Food Pairings (such as found in Murano's or the very upscale Chef's Dinner)

What I would suggest is you study all the options that you have when it comes to Dining... And figure out how important it is to you (and your wallet) to dine beyond all the otherwise FREE options found aboard

Then you'll also need to do the math if you are considering including wine in the mix

NOTE - You have lots of options here as well. Celebrity has an extensive wine list. And they also sell Wine Pkgs (check their website & the Bevvy Pkg Page), with savings when you buy a grouping of bottles vs them singularily. Plus there is always the option of just bringing your Favourite (or a really good bottle aboard yourself under the 2 bottle per stateroom allowance... And paying the corkage fee in a public venue). The latter would be well worth the savings if you have expensive tastes in Wine or enjoy French Champagne (remembering that the Celebrity mark up on Wine is going to be somewhere in the 2 to 3 times what you'll pay at the Liquor Store yourself)

So lots to consider

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

discretion.

John in NC

The answer to your question is above in the sentence that I have highlighted in underlined and bold letters.

Edited by boogs

Found on the Celebrity Website under Onboard Experiences

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

Click on the Restaurants that are found on your ship... And then the icon for Extra Charge

Right now it ranges from a low of $ 7 to a high of $ 45... Depending on the Venue

You have to be booked into your My Celebrity Account to book online or you can call Celebrity (charged to your Credit Card immediately)

Pkg Deals are also available for booking online or on the ship... And there are sometimes Specials offered on the ship for slower times (ie Discount for first Night, or a Lunch vs Dinner)

As well once onboard you'll discover thru the daily "Celebrity Today" or during the first fay Walk Around (also thru Guest Relations... Or if there is a Food Expo) that there may be offerings for additional Specialty Food Experiences on your Sailing... Such as Champagne Tea, Chef's Table etc

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Murano was $50 per person on Reflection in July.

Not sure it's worth it in my humble opinion relative to the other speciality restaurants and receiving rely great service in the MDR (when you do). Last couple of cruises Murano wasn't that great even with the table side lobster. Too bad really as it used to be a huge step up and well worth the extra charge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Murano was $50 per person on Reflection in July.

Not sure it's worth it in my humble opinion relative to the other speciality restaurants and receiving rely great service in the MDR (when you do). Last couple of cruises Murano wasn't that great even with the table side lobster. Too bad really as it used to be a huge step up and well worth the extra charge.

I had heard "rumours" here on CC that some of the Specialty Restaurants had gone up to $50

Also heard, that it had effected sales so they had come back down to $ 45

$ 45 is currently what Celebrity is showing on their Website for Murano's = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-murano

Believe we'd still go / enjoy at $ 50 for Murano's or on the equivalent Great Oceanliners Restaurants on the M-Class Ships (Oceanliners - SS United States - The Olympic - The Normandie). Still think it good value at $ 100 per couple (tax & tip in) comparatively to any land asked Restaurant or Resort.

For The Constellation we are intent in checking out other options namely Tuscan Grille

But still wouldn't be all that surprised if we do end up at Oceanliners one night as there are some items on their Menu that I missed on previous outings, and others which are now faves

Lol, the hardest part about cruising is for sure all the difficult decisions one has to make ever day. ;)

Cheers!

The answer to your question is above in the sentence that I have highlighted in underlined and bold letters.

Yeah I saw that...but the main wording of the pdf seemed like the prices shown are for their wine and dine packages...so wine is included by default? That is what I wanted to confirm...seems like the discounted prices if they include wine may be worth considering instead of waiting for "deals" when you get onboard.

This will be my first Celebrity cruise...so looking forward to trying the MDR and enjoying the food there...I was just trying to consider options for speciality restuarants if they are a must try. I know the solution is to sail multiple Celebrity ships and then I will have a good feel for what we like...but that will have to come with time. Sigh.....

THANKS for all of the helpful input so far...enjoy reading these boards as we discover a new (and hopefully) favorite cruise line.

John in NC

Was on Reflection in 2013 and had the Ultimate Specialty Dining Package. For anyone that has been on X recently is this still an option? It was $29 p/p per day in March 2013. We had to purchase the first day only, no pre purchase. They only had a set amount of these packages available depending on pre-cruise sales of the other packages and individual specialty restaurant sales. On our sailing in 2013 they only sold 16 packages. One more quick questions. Chef's Table? Yes or no and does anyone have a copy of the menu?

Edited by miataman19

....One more quick questions. Chef's Table? Yes or no and does anyone have a copy of the menu?

The Chef's Table is well worth doing on the Millennium class ships as it is held in the galley amid the organized chaos. :cool: On Reflection ships, the galley isn't big enough and so it is held in the small wine room off Murano. Having done both, I don't believe the experience on the larger ships is worth the money (as I recall, close to $200 per couple). Also, if you don't drink a significant amount of wine (I can and do :eek:), then again, it may not be worth the money on reflection size ships. JMHO. The menu will vary depending on what the Chef feels like making on the day it is held. BTW, it is not advertised. You have to request it. I usually seek out the head sommelier for information.

Edited by mpbmark

• 2 weeks later...
The Chef's Table is well worth doing on the Millennium class ships as it is held in the galley amid the organized chaos. :cool: On Reflection ships, the galley isn't big enough and so it is held in the small wine room off Murano. Having done both, I don't believe the experience on the larger ships is worth the money (as I recall, close to $200 per couple). Also, if you don't drink a significant amount of wine (I can and do :eek:), then again, it may not be worth the money on reflection size ships. JMHO. The menu will vary depending on what the Chef feels like making on the day it is held. BTW, it is not advertised. You have to request it. I usually seek out the head sommelier for information.

$200per couple? Or person? I have seen both prices.

Thanks.

Debbi

$200per couple? Or person? I have seen both prices.

Thanks.

Debbi

Didn't mean to post this again. Was supposed to be on another thread. Not sure how it ended up here.

I found my notes from 2012 and the price was $279 per couple. Included dinner, unlimited wine with each course, signed cookbook, picture in Olympic wine room where champagne was poured and picture at table in galley along with long stem rose for all women in attendance.

Was on Reflection in 2013 and had the Ultimate Specialty Dining Package. For anyone that has been on X recently is this still an option? It was $29 p/p per day in March 2013. We had to purchase the first day only, no pre purchase. They only had a set amount of these packages available depending on pre-cruise sales of the other packages and individual specialty restaurant sales. On our sailing in 2013 they only sold 16 packages. One more quick questions. Chef's Table? Yes or no and does anyone have a copy of the menu?

The problem with the package is that once you have had it, it is difficult to cruise without it. I have cruised three times in the last 18 months and never been in the MDR. The food is exceptional, service is superb and it has made cruising with Celebrity my definite first choice. On board the Eclipse in November and obc will just about cover the cost again - absolute indulgence, still @ $29pp/day

Edited by mickey89