airport lounge use

cjcruiser27

I have been trying to call Air NZ but with no luck confused I can't find their contact email either. I would like to know how to get signed up to the use the lounge at LAX because of the time in between my flights. Can anyone help PLEASE?! Thank you in advance. Do you pay in advance or at the door?

I have been trying to call Air NZ but with no luck confused I can't find their contact email either. I would like to know how to get signed up to the use the lounge at LAX because of the time in between my flights. Can anyone help PLEASE?! Thank you in advance. Do you pay in advance or at the door?

More information is needed.

Do you have Star Alliance Gold status? (I am guessing not)

Do you have a membership card for United Club? (I am guessing not)

Are you flying in business class?

(it seems you can purchase a $60 pass)

Edited by SFCAcruiser
corrected information about a day pass

More information is needed.

Do you have Star Alliance Gold status? (I am guessing not)

Do you have a membership card for United Club? (I am guessing not)

Are you flying in business class?

(it seems you can purchase a $60 pass)

Yes, I know that but who do you pay and when?

I have heard Air NZ may allow you to purchase a day use pass at LAX, but have never actually seen anyone do it as the lounge is capacity controlled for guests. The lounge is also shared with VA And times can be very full. I fly Air NZ and utilize the lounge on a frequent basis. Also look into the United Mileage Plus Card, which I utilize when flying PE. You can usually find it for a fee waiver for the first year, otherwise it is $395 a year and is good in Star alliance lounges around the world when flying on a SA airline.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You cannot pay to use the Star Alliance Lounge (operated by Air New Zeland) at LAX. You need to have relevant status that gives you access or be in a premium cabin.

There used to be an Air New Zeland lounge in Terminal 2 that sold day passes for $60.

Edited by personnext

You cannot pay to use the Star Alliance Lounge (operated by Air New Zeland) at LAX. You need to have relevant status that gives you access or be in a premium cabin.

There used to be an Air New Zeland lounge in Terminal 2 that sold day passes for $60.

Thank you for the update. It appears that the web sites for both Air New Zealand and the Star Alliance are out of date, based upon your information. They still list a lounge near Gate 24 that offers day passes for $60.

When I arrived at LAX on 10/10 AirNZ was still operating out of terminal 2 with their move to Tom Bradley to happen around the end of 2014. I have a business card somewhere from one of the Concierges at the Koru Club. I will post the phone number when I locate it.

Edited by kiwimum

I have heard Air NZ may allow you to purchase a day use pass at LAX, but have never actually seen anyone do it as the lounge is capacity controlled for guests. The lounge is also shared with VA And times can be very full. I fly Air NZ and utilize the lounge on a frequent basis. Also look into the United Mileage Plus Card, which I utilize when flying PE. You can usually find it for a fee waiver for the first year, otherwise it is $395 a year and is good in Star alliance lounges around the world when flying on a SA airline.

Our fee for the United Mileage Plus Card is $95 per year, not $395. We usually make up the price of the fee in free luggage and the annual club passes.

Mary Lou

Our fee for the United Mileage Plus Card is $95 per year, not $395. We usually make up the price of the fee in free luggage and the annual club passes.

Mary Lou

UA has several different branded credit cards. The UA Club Credit card does have an annual fee of $395. The UA Explorer Card (could you have this one?) has a $95 yearly fee and gives you two, one use passes yearly for the UA Club.

Thank you everyone I finally reached a person on Air NZ and I inquire and pay at the airport as it depends on the room available.

I hope that it is available for your use. It is a nice lounge with plentiful food and beverages available.

Sitting in the AirNZ lounge at LAX. The move to Tom Bradley will take place on December 3, 2014. Entrance to the lounge will be $60 per person and will be capacity controlled. Payment is made to the Concierge. They have not received the phone number for the lounge. Will try and get it on my next trip at the beginning of December.

Your other option is to look for a day room hotel prior to your flight, then you can have a nice shower, a bed and total privacy. Many times you can get one in the $80-90 range, which may be better depending on the size your party.

I did a day room in ORD a few months ago and it was $90 well spent after arriving on a red eye and not catching my connecting flight to later that afternoon. I got 5 hours of real sleep, was able to lounge in pajamas, take a shower, get some work done and then finally took the shuttle back to the airport.

I love a nice lounge, but most US lounges will never compare to the comfort of a private hotel room, especially during a lengthy layover.

Your other option is to look for a day room hotel prior to your flight, then you can have a nice shower, a bed and total privacy. Many times you can get one in the $80-90 range, which may be better depending on the size your party.

I did a day room in ORD a few months ago and it was $90 well spent after arriving on a red eye and not catching my connecting flight to later that afternoon. I got 5 hours of real sleep, was able to lounge in pajamas, take a shower, get some work done and then finally took the shuttle back to the airport.

I love a nice lounge, but most US lounges will never compare to the comfort of a private hotel room, especially during a lengthy layover.

I did try to find one on Google but couldn't find one. Maybe I am not typing the right thing?

Sitting in the AirNZ lounge at LAX. The move to Tom Bradley will take place on December 3, 2014. Entrance to the lounge will be $60 per person and will be capacity controlled. Payment is made to the Concierge. They have not received the phone number for the lounge. Will try and get it on my next trip at the beginning of December.

Excellent news. We fly in February :)

thank you everyone for the help!!

http://www.fourpointslax.com/hotel-by-lax-airport

I have used the 4Points LAX in the past and it is quite nice. There are others if you call around and ask for a day room. They are challenging to sometimes book online, but if you call most airport hotels they will give you all the details.

Mary Lou

There are 2 cards. the $95 one only gives you a couple one time club passes per year while the $395 card gives you an actual membership to the United club as one of it's benefits. (I have this one an use the United clubs often. Nothing special, but the free wifi, soft chairs and drinks are nice when waiting for my flight)