Princess ok for Solo or all couples here

koss78b2

I found a good cruise that offers good destinations. It is with Princesss on the Princess

Coral Princes for the Panama Canal in October. I am a solo traveller. I know princess or more higher up

but on this cruise line, would it tailor more to couples and families?

or would there be acceptances to a solo on this cruise line? thanks

I found a good cruise that offers good destinations. It is with Princesss on the Princess

Coral Princes for the Panama Canal in October. I am a solo traveller. I know princess or more higher up

Very acceptable to be a solo cruiser on any Princess cruise.

I have travelled Princess solo more than 10 times and have loved it each and every time. If you choose Anytime dining you will be seated with new people every night and will have many opportunities for new friends. Enjoy!

I have travelled Princess solo more than 10 times and have loved it each and every time. If you choose Anytime dining you will be seated with new people every night and will have many opportunities for new friends. Enjoy!

Or if you choose you can dine by yourself. ;)

I think Princess is very easy to sail as a single and do it all the time. I'm cruising as a single on my upcoming Royal 17-day trans-Atlantic cruise. Depending on how social you want to be, I would suggest joining your roll call as a way to meet others on the cruise and participate in activities and tours planned by others. Some people think Anytime dining is better as a single but I prefer Traditional when sailing as a single because then I get to know others at the table and I'm not constantly having to explain why I'm cruising solo. Princess often seats singles together at a table in Traditional.

add me to the list of solo cruisers.

I also did the coral to panama 2 years ago. one of the best trips ever!

I always do anytime dining, mostly so I'm not tied to a certain time. however, on my upcoming cruise this october I have chosen traditional for the first time. we'll see how it goes.

you can be as social or as solitary as you like. only a couple of times I have been asked why I am cruising alone and it was much older people who couldn't imagine doing it themselves.

join the roll call, go on excursions, eat in the dining room--you will meet people! if you like trivia, show up and you will probably see familiar faces. the same goes for the piano lounge. whatever interests you.

there is a solo and a single cruisers section on these boards if that interests you. there is some good information and everyone is supportive of you cruising alone.

I always think its easier traveling on my own--only my stuff and myself to watch out for instead of counting heads, suitcases and passports.

I hope you choose to go and have a great time!

Edited by cdngrl
typos

Princess seems to be good for solo, families, and couples - both heterosexual and same sex. Don't expect water slides, rock climbing walls, garish colors, drunks, etc. If you just want a nice, relaxing cruise then Princess may well be for you.

The only issue with traveling solo is the extra charge for the cabin. I find Princess and cruising in general to be a great way to travel solo. I have made life long friends in the cruise community and always have fun on a cruise.

We love the Coral and it was purpose built for going thru the canal. Whether you are alone or with others it is easy to make friends on a cruise.

Too many of the comedy routines (obviously not all) are married jokes. When that happens, I leave, making it a point to be seen leaving by the cruise director.

Aside from that, it's perfectly fine for solos.

The only issue with traveling solo is the extra charge for the cabin. I find Princess and cruising in general to be a great way to travel solo. I have made life long friends in the cruise community and always have fun on a cruise.

This is not exclusive to Princess, as there is a single supplement throughout the cruise industry.

Princess does give 2 Captain's Circle cruise credits for a solo to offset this. Other cruise lines don't give double loyalty credits for solos, despite the supplement paid.

Too many of the comedy routines (obviously not all) are married jokes..

Aside from that, it's perfectly fine for solos.

I do so agree with you on that! Couples jokes are so completely meaningless and boring for a single.

I don't go and leave, I just don't go in the first place. However, some of the entertainments are fun for singles - I always enjoy a good juggling act, especially if the sea is a bit lumpy, it shows the juggler's real talent!

And if you enjoy trivia quizzes, it's usually easy to find a team to join - that's a great way of meeting people.

I always cruise solo and my first Princess cruise was through the Panama Canal on the Island (sister ship to the Coral) - I was rather anxious because it was 15 days but I so enjoyed myself that I gave up the other cruise lines and only sail Princess now (I am elite) - it's a great line for solos.

If you enjoy having a drink or dinner on your own (as I do) take a book with you - it gives you something to do if the people watching isn't interesting, and it's useful to save your table in the buffet when you go back to the counter.

Edited by jollyjones

I'm another cruiser who does some as a solo, as well as some with "cruise buddies". I have made some wonderful friends on cruises, and a number of them have become longterm friends. Sometimes I book completely on my own, sometimes I book because one or more cruise friends will also going but I have my own cabin, and sometimes I book a cabin with one of my friends. No matter which way I go, I always have a wonderful time.

I enjoy Anytime dining. Just say you will share a table. I have met many fascinating people: single, married, mutually exclusive, straight, gay, older, younger, with families or friends. Each has a story to tell, or comes from I place I am not familiar with, or has traveled to a place that I've not (yet) been, or has tried an excursion I was not able to fit in my schedule. I have learned so much from people we meet at meals.

At the buffet, if it looks busy, I offer empty seats at our table. Saying would you like to join us. If it is me with the tray, I'll ask if a seat is taken.

Activities are a most enjoyable way to meet other people. On a 30-day cruise, there was a lively Origami group. I know that does not sound possible. When the staff person ran out of his known designs; a passenger volunteered to teach additional sessions, so we could continue.

There just is a welcoming, open spirit on a cruise. I guess we are "all in the same boat". Have fun!

I'm another solo cruiser. After cruises on other cruise lines, I settled on Princess and I'm glad I did. As has been posted, there's no ice skating or rock climbing or wave rider, but it's very comfortable cruising. For dinner I eat alone, my personal preference, but at breakfast or lunch I often find myself sharing a table if the small tables are already taken.

Princess is definitely good for both solo cruisers as well as single people cruising with others. I've cruised solo once and cruised several times with my nieces. I/we have never felt out of place. You will find a wide variety of people cruising Princess.

I do so agree with you on that! Couples jokes are so completely meaningless and boring for a single.

I don't go and leave, I just don't go in the first place. However, some of the entertainments are fun for singles - I always enjoy a good juggling act, especially if the sea is a bit lumpy, it shows the juggler's real talent!

And if you enjoy trivia quizzes, it's usually easy to find a team to join - that's a great way of meeting people.

I always cruise solo and my first Princess cruise was through the Panama Canal on the Island (sister ship to the Coral) - I was rather anxious because it was 15 days but I so enjoyed myself that I gave up the other cruise lines and only sail Princess now (I am elite) - it's a great line for solos.

If you enjoy having a drink or dinner on your own (as I do) take a book with you - it gives you something to do if the people watching isn't interesting, and it's useful to save your table in the buffet when you go back to the counter.

I would not say they are meaningless, anything more than Romeo and Juliet is meaningless to a bachelor! They just don't resonate with me.

As for trivia, I can usually find some people who will tolerate for the sake of my modest contributions to winning the modest prizes!

Thanks for the advice.

FYI, Princess hasn't had trays in the buffet in many, many years.

Pam, You are right. Too many years of cafeteria duty for me! The plates used by Princess are similar in size to the trays we used at school.

I've most often cruised solo, and always with Princess. I've never had a bad cruise. I've always made friends. I've had a wonderful time, each and every cruise.

Sometimes, I've been a lot more outgoing and made a lot of friends by the end of the cruise. Other times, I've been a bit more solitary. Doesn't matter...I've still had fun, either way.