Traditional dining - do you have to sit with others?

Some of my best cruise experiences surround meeting new, interesting people, and meals is often the best time to do that. I can't say I've never sat with anyone I didn't sync up with, but sometimes those are the best stories. I figure the larger the table, the best chance for entertainment (though I've never met a fork stirrer).

Edited by Goes Cruising

Exactly!!

And I will add if how someone else stirs their coffee bothers you that much to the "then you need to rethink your priorities" list.

Either that or those types of "complaints" are pictured next to "First World Problems"...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I completely get the if someone is being rude or disruptive. That I can't stand but if they are behaving themselves and not interrupting, then why are you worrying about what they do. It's their vacation. They paid for it just like you did.

I would suggest that as soon as you board, the earlier the better, go to the MTD desk and ask to be added to MTD seating. Can't hurt and you will probably be successful.

Thank you - I'll try that. It often is a question of knowing who to ask, isn't it. Thanks.

...and every night the husband would stir his coffee with his fork... His used fork from dinner.. Not a clean one... A used one.

My goodness...how petty. Good reminder of why we don't share a table anymore. At some point my elbow might touch the table and I would be talked about on CC.

Hmmm, could he be on to a new line of savory coffee flavor shots???

Instead of hazelnut or vanilla, you could get...aged beef...filet mignon...rack of lamb, center cut pork chop...

They will be in Starbucks next week!:D

Rack of Lamb Cappuccino, Lobster Tail Espresso - Yum!

I once saw a woman eat her M&Ms with a spoon and a man eat his snickers bar with a fork and knife!*

Heaven forfend!

*Seinfeld reference

I think that's ok, as long as he didn't cut the snickers bar with the side of his fork. That is close to criminal ;)

Hmmm, could he be on to a new line of savory coffee flavor shots???

Instead of hazelnut or vanilla, you could get...aged beef...filet mignon...rack of lamb, center cut pork chop...

Pretty sure I've heard of steaks being prepared with coffee in some form... Must google that now...

Edit - Yep! There are recipes for coffee rubs and coffee marinades for steak!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Oh the humanity. Reminds me of the shorts in the MDR thread that is going on right now. How someone had their cruise ruined by seeing shorts in the MDR(to the point where they complained to the head waiter and the maitre d'). Seriously if what other people are wearing, ruins your cruise, then you really need to rethink your priorities.

Shorts??

One night, I forgot to wear any pants.

All evil needs to thrive is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

In this case, evil is the low class, selfish, lack of manners or consideration for others.

Similar to pigs bellied up to a trough of slop, the main dining room has fallen from being a fun formal event with excellent food into the category of the local all-you-can eat buffet for $5.

Unfortunately, we can not change others. We can only change ourselves.

Perhaps there are more civilized people in the specialty restaurants. If so, it could be worth the upcharge to dine with a higher class of people.

:p

Eating by ourselves is boring...we do that daily.

Find a large, fun group and you'll make lifelong friends. We've done that more often than not!

Maybe the English are different, but we've made good friends from Scotland that we converse daily. ;)

:eek:

Do you want steak particles in your coffee? I don't.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seriously?

So, why should it matter to you? Did the PAX sample your steak with his fork.?

And, if PAX etiquette bothered you so much, why didn't you ask to be seated at a different table or a table for 1 next time.

It's such a petty curmudgeon-like complaint. You should be more concerned of PAX who cough in their hand , not in the crook of their arm, and pass the bread basket to you, or those PAX in front of you at the buffet line using their fingers to eat off their plate then picking up the serving utensils. :eek::eek:

Chill out, and don't be so judgemental of others. :cool:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Eating by ourselves is boring...we do that daily.

Find a large, fun group and you'll make lifelong friends. We've done that more often than not!

Maybe the English are different, but we've made good friends from Scotland that we converse daily. ;)

English people are so proper. Etiquette Police? :eek::eek:

Edited by Kingofcool1947