<silly> fashion question re: nail polish color

Poohb

I may get no answers, I may get a lot. For the 'fashionistas' on CC; what is more logical for nail polish color? My 'formal' down-to-the-toes dress is very purple with some green & yellow. My swimsuits have pink. Should I get my pedicure to match the dress or swimsuits?

Purple or pink? I can not find a color that is a compromise.

I dont match my polish color to particular outifts. I just pick colors that I like. Purple is my favorite, but I also like blues and greens. I tend to stick with a cool color palate, as warm colors clash with my complexion.

I would say on the nails purple and do the ring fingers pink.

on the toes pink polish with the purple either on the big toe or the 4th toe...

I normally don't pick my nail polish colors, the guy that does my polish surprises me (he knows what I hate :D )

Check out the health and fashion section of this forum. Ask your question there. Lots of helpful ladies respond to your questions.

I wouldnt be surprised if this thread get moved there.

Another vote for nudes/metallics. Metallic glitter polish (subtle or not, as to your preference) can be good too as it tends to be quite long wearing/durable).

Edited by Carline

I'm going to assume that you do not prefer the nude/naturals, since you didn't include them in your options. If you want to match the nail polish to either the dress or the swimsuit, I would say the dress. In a swimsuit, you can get away with flashier and/or not-perfectly matched colors (though purple goes with pink anyway). But, you're likely to take pictures in your dress on formal night. Although LilBlackDress did have a good idea with mixing the colors up...Have fun!

Can anyone recommend a good Rose Gold metallic or glitter? (Less expensive brand, the better!)

I'm using 456 blush champagne by Anny, or PP183 "fairy whisper" by Ciate, both found at Sephora.

At CVS/Walgreens/Douane (can't remember which one), I've bought Milani #89 "disco lights"....:)

For my feets - "brownish purple" :D

For my fingernails, I'm planning on pink & white on the first of our upcoming cruises. Then for the 2nd of the b2b I'm going with bright metallic pink whether it matches anything or not! My toes will probably be in either Seattle Seahawk blue or green or a combination of both! They definitely don't have to match! :D

When I travel to the caribbean, I ALWAYS wear a bright summer color, like hot pink, bright orange, or some version of a color in between. A beach vacation isn't the place for a dull, neutral color, you can wear those anytime at home.

I wouldn't worry about matching your dress, since you'll only be wearing it for a couple hours one day. But you'll be out in the sunshine at the beach for many days and many hours, so have fun with the polish color.

I presently have glitter turquoise (China Glaze) (DGDs choice, but I really like it) on my toes & sunset pink (CND) on my fingers. Very seldom, if ever match

• 2 weeks later...