first timer

Odile1

we are due to do the panama canal on the regent cruise line , mariner, 18 days

so far the reviews on the boat are mixed, i am a little worry, does anyone has any suggestions , advise, warning about this cruise, what to bring , i need help

Does anyone know if they offer lectures on the country/area we are visiting?

There will be a speaker/navigator on the ship for the canal passage. Generally, they give lots of info over the PA system.

There are no warnings or problems associated with this cruise. It will be HOT...humid and VERY HOT....it's only a few degrees off the equator....it's HOT! Bring plenty of sunscreen (most adults do NOT use enough! 1 OZ every 2 hours!..) and just enjoy. The ship is your hotel. You don't need to bring anything special on a cruise, that you wouldn't bring on any vacation.

we are due to do the panama canal on the regent cruise line , mariner, 18 days

so far the reviews on the boat are mixed, i am a little worry, does anyone has any suggestions , advise, warning about this cruise, what to bring , i need help

Does anyone know if they offer lectures on the country/area we are visiting?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Relax and enjoy the transit of the canal. It is an amazing experience. You need to move around the ship often to get the different views of the canal.

Regent usually has destination lecturers to give talks about upcoming ports, and one of them is likely to "talk you through" the canal via the PA system. Go up to the deck for it--they usually do a nice party for special transittings.

You are starting out nicely--Regent is an all-inclusive, so no worries about signing for things. And that helps make the atmosphere relaxed and friendly among fellow guests. Stop worrying and enjoy!