Breeze out of Galveston

Donoiv11

We were on the first Breeze sailing out of Galveston. We had a great time. Only negatives were the Thrill Theater was closed due to maintenance issues and I only saw the Ropes course open once (while we were in Cozumel). Any questions.......ask away.

What nights were Elegant nights?

Did you use any kids club events? Circle C?

Do you have any fun times to share?

Thank you in advance. We leave June 5.

And we are sailing between the two of you... I cant wait either!!!

There has only been one sailing completed by the Breeze out of Galveston. I am sailing this weekend on her!

What nights were Elegant nights?

Did you use any kids club events? Circle C?

Do you have any fun times to share?

Thank you in advance. We leave June 5.

Elegant nights were on Monday and Thursday. Our son is young so he only enjoyed camp ocean but I did see a lot of kids in Circle C and Club O2 through the cruise. She is a beautiful ship and offered a ton of exciting things to do. We enjoyed the MDR every night and got our moneys worth from the Cheers program! I will be around so let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

We have chosen this in August as our first cruise.

I am sure you will love it! I have sailed in August on the Magic and the Conquest. It was a great time for cruising. PS - our Elation Cruise in 2006 was also in August, I think.

I also submitted this to cruise critic for official posting.

Carnival Breeze

Western Caribbean: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay

May 8-15, 2016

Port: Galveston

Ocean Suite: 7233

After many years of cruises and living in Texas, we finally decided to try driving to Galveston rather than fly to Florida. This would be our second cruise on The Breeze. We cruised on her from Miami back in 2013. I would definitely cruise out of Galveston again other than the thought of fighting Houston traffic again is not a fun thought.

We left Dallas around 7:00 on Saturday morning and had reservations for a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Resort on Seawall Drive. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was clean, quiet and the a/c worked really well. We had an ocean facing room so it was nice to be on the balcony and stare at the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel rates in Galveston are very high and this HI was approx. $289 per night. Its sister hotel, the San Luis (next door) is beautiful and we had lunch and a drink at the bar there. I would love to stay at this hotel but I am guessing that for one night only, the price is probably $400 +. It is beautiful and has a very active/young/hip and loud pool area.

The Cruise

Cabin 7233 – Ocean Suite was the most forward we have ever been on any cruise. It was surprisingly conveniently located to the things we were interested in. To go to the fitness center, all I had to do was go up 5 decks and walk right in. The cruise was the smoothest we have ever had. But the first night was a little less calm and being that far forward, you could sometimes feel a lurch and I am guessing it was the waves (while not big waves), we were pretty far forward. Our cabin attendant was spectacular.

Embarkation was a “Breeze” as it arrived empty from Miami. This was the first cruise for the Breeze out of Galveston. It is taking over for the Magic. We did not have FTTF but since we had a suite, priority embarkation is always a plus. We were in our cabin by 11:30. We used indoor parking very near the pier. With all the hail this year we decided to be safe rather than sorry. We dropped luggage off first and then parked. It was very easy and the Galveston port is very organized. Oh and on the return we tipped a porter $20 and he took our luggage for us to the parking garage – definitely worth it.

We did not cruise for the ports as we have been to Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. With the exception of Grand Cayman, I feel the ports are forgettable. We decided to do no shore excursions and pretty much stayed on the ship other than in Grand Cayman for shopping and brief shopping at the port in Cozumel.

We did the Chef’s Table for the first time and it was definitely a fun experience and worth the $75 pp + 15% gratuity. It also included a pic of the guests and Chef at the table. There was so much food (7 courses) + 3-4 appetizers. I think my husband liked it better than I did. For me, the food was not great but the experience of eating in the galley and interacting with the staff was great. I would recommend this to anyone.

We had margaritas at Blue Iguana and they were terrific. The bar service overall was terrible. There were not enough staff to place drink orders with if you were at a table in the atrium listening to the music. This area was popular as the violin trio and the country western duo were great. If we wanted a drink we either had to go to the bar ourselves, or go back to the Ocean Plaza bar that was less crowded and sit at the bar. This was my only real complaint with this cruise.

Blush Dining Room

We had early seating and were upstairs. We enjoyed our waiter and our dining experience. Food was good, not great with the exception of the salmon (available each night) AND the world famous Chocolate Melting Cake – to die for!!!! We had great tablemates from Oklahoma.

Entertainment

We only went to one show – the 70s night. The music was so much fun, the costumes and sets were great. The voices of the singers was mediocre. This was the only evening show we attended.

Summation

Overall it was a great cruise. We used it to relax and not schedule much. Our bed was so comfy that I laid in it each afternoon and watched Ellen. I think they must have new mattresses from our last cruise on the Breeze in 2013 even though the ship is still relatively new. I am also very warm natured and our cabin was soooo cool at times, even I had to click up the thermostat a couple of clicks once or twice. This made me very happy.

We are scheduled to cruise on Carnival Vista in February 2017 in a Havana Cabana Suite (5233). I will definitely review that when the time comes. Please feel free to email me at atticus0216@gmail.com if you have any specific questions or want any additional info. I love to talk about ship experiences.

I also submitted this to cruise critic for official posting.

Carnival Breeze

Western Caribbean: Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay

May 8-15, 2016

Port: Galveston

Ocean Suite: 7233

After many years of cruises and living in Texas, we finally decided to try driving to Galveston rather than fly to Florida. This would be our second cruise on The Breeze. We cruised on her from Miami back in 2013. I would definitely cruise out of Galveston again other than the thought of fighting Houston traffic again is not a fun thought.

We left Dallas around 7:00 on Saturday morning and had reservations for a one night stay at the Holiday Inn Resort on Seawall Drive. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was clean, quiet and the a/c worked really well. We had an ocean facing room so it was nice to be on the balcony and stare at the Gulf of Mexico. The hotel rates in Galveston are very high and this HI was approx. $289 per night. Its sister hotel, the San Luis (next door) is beautiful and we had lunch and a drink at the bar there. I would love to stay at this hotel but I am guessing that for one night only, the price is probably $400 +. It is beautiful and has a very active/young/hip and loud pool area.

The Cruise

Cabin 7233 – Ocean Suite was the most forward we have ever been on any cruise. It was surprisingly conveniently located to the things we were interested in. To go to the fitness center, all I had to do was go up 5 decks and walk right in. The cruise was the smoothest we have ever had. But the first night was a little less calm and being that far forward, you could sometimes feel a lurch and I am guessing it was the waves (while not big waves), we were pretty far forward. Our cabin attendant was spectacular.

Embarkation was a “Breeze” as it arrived empty from Miami. This was the first cruise for the Breeze out of Galveston. It is taking over for the Magic. We did not have FTTF but since we had a suite, priority embarkation is always a plus. We were in our cabin by 11:30. We used indoor parking very near the pier. With all the hail this year we decided to be safe rather than sorry. We dropped luggage off first and then parked. It was very easy and the Galveston port is very organized. Oh and on the return we tipped a porter $20 and he took our luggage for us to the parking garage – definitely worth it.

We did not cruise for the ports as we have been to Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. With the exception of Grand Cayman, I feel the ports are forgettable. We decided to do no shore excursions and pretty much stayed on the ship other than in Grand Cayman for shopping and brief shopping at the port in Cozumel.

We did the Chef’s Table for the first time and it was definitely a fun experience and worth the $75 pp + 15% gratuity. It also included a pic of the guests and Chef at the table. There was so much food (7 courses) + 3-4 appetizers. I think my husband liked it better than I did. For me, the food was not great but the experience of eating in the galley and interacting with the staff was great. I would recommend this to anyone.

We had margaritas at Blue Iguana and they were terrific. The bar service overall was terrible. There were not enough staff to place drink orders with if you were at a table in the atrium listening to the music. This area was popular as the violin trio and the country western duo were great. If we wanted a drink we either had to go to the bar ourselves, or go back to the Ocean Plaza bar that was less crowded and sit at the bar. This was my only real complaint with this cruise.

Blush Dining Room

We had early seating and were upstairs. We enjoyed our waiter and our dining experience. Food was good, not great with the exception of the salmon (available each night) AND the world famous Chocolate Melting Cake – to die for!!!! We had great tablemates from Oklahoma.

Entertainment

We only went to one show – the 70s night. The music was so much fun, the costumes and sets were great. The voices of the singers was mediocre. This was the only evening show we attended.

Summation

Overall it was a great cruise. We used it to relax and not schedule much. Our bed was so comfy that I laid in it each afternoon and watched Ellen. I think they must have new mattresses from our last cruise on the Breeze in 2013 even though the ship is still relatively new. I am also very warm natured and our cabin was soooo cool at times, even I had to click up the thermostat a couple of clicks once or twice. This made me very happy.

We are scheduled to cruise on Carnival Vista in February 2017 in a Havana Cabana Suite (5233). I will definitely review that when the time comes. Please feel free to email me at atticus0216@gmail.com if you have any specific questions or want any additional info. I love to talk about ship experiences.

Thank you!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Did you notice the name of the ship on my first cruise? :)

Ha. No. It was my first cruise as well. It was a beautiful ship, but she was not taken care of the way she should have been. Has so much potential - and some really cool little nooks to hang out in. It's a shame that she couldn't be revived after the accident.

Elegant nights were on Monday and Thursday. Our son is young so he only enjoyed camp ocean but I did see a lot of kids in Circle C and Club O2 through the cruise. She is a beautiful ship and offered a ton of exciting things to do. We enjoyed the MDR every night and got our moneys worth from the Cheers program! I will be around so let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Do you happen to have copies of the fun times? If so will you post them please sailing in two weeks. .thank you