CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS $100 for $85 (Daily Getaways)

winchesterdog

FYI

Daily Getaways just posted their item for Monday will be $100 Carnival Gift Cards for $85! I believe they will have 2500 available. ALSO: For Ultimate Rewards points seekers. I just purchased some Wyndham Rewards points from the site and it codes as a travel so be sure to use travel credit card for the x 2 points.

I think that is because at the carnival check out window there is only place for one gift card number. Most people just call the numbers into Carnival and / or use same as cash for spa/excursion/ sign and sail card. 15% off is the best deal I have found for the gift cards. Every little bit counts!

I think that is because at the carnival check out window there is only place for one gift card number. Most people just call the numbers into Carnival and / or use same as cash for spa/excursion/ sign and sail card. 15% off is the best deal I have found for the gift cards. Every little bit counts!

I'm with LOVEMYMO

it's buyer beware (The gift cards there selling also has an expiration date which other Carnival gift cards don't have). There are a few posts about this in other treads already.

You can definitely checkout with multiple gift cards on the Carnival website. You just have to add 1 and then click on add another

Daily Getaways is legit and it happens every year about this time. It's a program sponsored by the US Travel Association. Every weekday for one month a different deal drops. The good deals are usually very limited and are gone shortly after being posted. " Flyertalk " has threads on it as does "the points guy" and "frugal traveler". However due diligence is to be respected. Anybody with doubts could probably call Carnival and track down someone who is aware of the program since it's sponsored by Carnival. My next cruise is paid but I'm going to buy 2 cards if I can and use them for excursions. 15% is better than nothing. I did read the must use by 12/2018 - guess that's Carnivals way to justify the extra 5%.

Sounds like a good deal... So if I am understanding this correctly one card per account, so I can buy up to three (3) cards and during my June 2017 sailing give one to each family member to apply to their S&S account,,,,,,,or even put all three toward my account?

Daily Getaways is legit and it happens every year about this time. It's a program sponsored by the US Travel Association. Every weekday for one month a different deal drops. The good deals are usually very limited and are gone shortly after being posted. " Flyertalk " has threads on it as does "the points guy" and "frugal traveler". However due diligence is to be respected. Anybody with doubts could probably call Carnival and track down someone who is aware of the program since it's sponsored by Carnival. My next cruise is paid but I'm going to buy 2 cards if I can and use them for excursions. 15% is better than nothing. I did read the must use by 12/2018 - guess that's Carnivals way to justify the extra 5%.

Does anyone know anything about this site? Would be interested but want to make sure on the up and up.
Looks legit to me. The U.S. Travel Association has their own official .org website and mention their Daily Getaways deals on that site. I Googled it and it also appears on several travel & news blogs, stating that the U.S. Travel Association welcomed two new partners this year for their Daily Getaways deals...Carnival and Orbitz. You can bet I'll be standing by Monday. :)

How can you use 9 cards if you can only buy 3 of them??

Because maybe you buy gift cards from other places or have had them gifted to you. The point is when doing a transaction online using gift cards, you can use up to 9 per transaction. Usually that's more than enough for anything you want to buy. If you need to use more, just do another transaction.

2500 cards only. I bet they will be gone within the hour. Everyone is complaining because they don't have the deals of previous years. The Alamo deal was awesome and was gone quickly. Lots of buzz about the Orbitz deal also. I bought Wyndham points but it was a deal only in that it allowed you to purchase 30K points. Normally you can buy only 5,000. I paid 350 but I will redeem at the New Yorker this year and save 50% or so. Anyway I hope fellow cruise crit cruisers snag those Carnival cards.

I am also curious about the wording on the site under "Redemption". Does this mean you can only use one of these when you book your Cruise? My cruise is already booked but not PIF. I don't want to try to buy 3 of these and then find out I can't use them because I'm already booked or can only use 1. Are these different than the normal gift cards somehow?

"Upon receipt, the Gift Card is available for use on Carnival.com, GoCCL.com or by calling Carnival (1-800-CARNIVAL)! Up to one Gift Cards may be used towards one reservation at the time of booking."

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for this information. Can I use onboard for obc? I just tried to download the app and it doesnt appear. Is this a website? Thanks for this new information to me about Daily Getaways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you use 9 cards if you can only buy 3 of them??

Because maybe you buy gift cards from other places or have had them gifted to you. The point is when doing a transaction online using gift cards, you can use up to 9 per transaction. Usually that's more than enough for anything you want to buy. If you need to use more, just do another transaction.

I don't know for sure, but maybe LaCal was referring to the fact that this particular promotion only allows a maximum of 3 gift cards per purchase.

I'm sure someone could get around that by making multiple purchases. Although, it may require a different email address since these are technically e-cards that are emailed to the purchaser. I don't know if they'll allow more than one transaction from the same email address.

Since these are e-cards and not physical gift cards, does anyone have any experience with Carnival e-cards? Any trouble using them to pay on a booking or adding to an S&S account? Since we'd be emailed the card information, how does it work? Do we present the email to guest services if we'd like to add it to S&S?

Thanks for this information. Can I use onboard for obc? I just tried to download the app and it doesnt appear. Is this a website? Thanks for this new information to me about Daily Getaways.
According to their description:

Carnival Gift Cards can be used towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, online pre-purchases of shore excursions, spa experiences and Fun Shop gifts
or redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account
for gifts, drinks, and fun.

And their Terms & Conditions:

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases
and as deposit to an onboard account.

Since these are e-cards and not physical gift cards, does anyone have any experience with Carnival e-cards? Any trouble using them to pay on a booking or adding to an S&S account? Since we'd be emailed the card information, how does it work? Do we present the email to guest services if we'd like to add it to S&S?

According to their description:

Carnival Gift Cards can be used towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, online pre-purchases of shore excursions, spa experiences and Fun Shop gifts
or redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account
for gifts, drinks, and fun.

And their Terms & Conditions:

Gift Cards are redeemable at participating Carnival Cruise Line® ships for passenger travel to pay for ticket purchases
and as deposit to an onboard account.

Thanks for this tip!! Can you add them to your onboard account using the kiosk or guest relations or do you have to call before you cruise to add to your account.

Thanks for this tip!! Can you add them to your onboard account using the kiosk or guest relations or do you have to call before you cruise to add to your account.

I'm waiting for an answer on that myself. This particular promotion is selling e-cards, not physical gift cards. They're emailed to the purchaser. I think I read that we can add the physical gift cards to our S&S using the kiosk, but not sure about e-cards. The kiosk would have to give the option to punch in the card number. I've used the kiosks, but never for a gift card. I'm sure guest services can do it, but I'm waiting to find out if we just need to show them the email or what.

I'm waiting for an answer on that myself. This particular promotion is selling e-cards, not physical gift cards. They're emailed to the purchaser. I think I read that we can add the physical gift cards to our S&S using the kiosk, but not sure about e-cards. The kiosk would have to give the option to punch in the card number. I've used the kiosks, but never for a gift card. I'm sure guest services can do it, but I'm waiting to find out if we just need to show them the email or what.

I have used e cards before and had no trouble adding them to my onboard account. Just print it out. Only problem I see is if these cards don't come with a pin. You need that to redeem the card. I'm hoping all goes well. I plan to buy 2 tomorrow if I can.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I am hoping to buy 3. I have two cabins and we have 5 passengers and my cruise is paid in full so this will be for on board purchases only. Should I only buy two (one for each cabin)? I have a total of 7 regular gift cards to put towards my onboard account already. Any advice?