Pre cruise Barcelona Hotel

scotty_das

Families of 4 can be problematic and expensive finding hotel rooms in Barcelona. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express Barcelona City22@. It is a little out of the way but they have rooms for 4 and not break the bank. Breakfast is included too.

I'll wave at you as we get off he Harmony.

Shak

Found a perfect hotel (fingers crossed) Eurostars Grand Marina. Managed to get 2 rooms. Most hotels don't have room for a family of 4.

We don't arrive until late afternoon, so it was more of a hotel close to the cruise terminal that was better.

Check the Hotel Jazz. Great location just off Las Ramblas so you are not caught up in the pedestrian traffic, yet short enough walk to all the action and transportation options. Very reasonable rates and spacious room. Also a rooftop pool.

We have just booked Harmony of the Seas for departure 26th June. Arriving in Barcelona the day before and need a hotel for the night.

Family of 4, requiring hotel, any suggestions.

Thank you :)

We stayed at H-10 in 2009. It was convenient to the subway, just down the street from the Sagrada Familia Cathedral. It was reasonably priced. It was about a 25 euro cab ride from the Airport and about a 15 euro carbide to the port. You should spend more time in Barcelona it is a wonderful city.

We're cruising out of Barcelona on June 29th. There are 4 of us as well, and we had no luck finding a room to fit us all, and ended up booking 2 rooms. We had booked the Hotel Catalonia Avinyo, but switched to Brun Barcelona, which was $100 cheaper, but has shared bathrooms. Both are located in the old city, and had great reviews about location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jennybear2299

Pre cruise, we stayed in Hotel Regina at the foot of Las Ramblas and they had huge clean modern rooms. The location was absolutely perfect.

Agree about Regina for a family of four - although it's actually at the top of Ramblas, just off Placa Catalunya.

Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas[emoji106]🏻

I've stayed at the Hotel Continental twice and Hotel Lloret once. They are across the street from each other. I'd stay at both again. The location is great!

Stayed in the Hotel Continental twice back in 2010 and it would not be my first choice again. Lumpy, hard beds and all that pink decor :eek:. The location on La Rambla is great but if you have a balcony you can get street noise late into the night. We had one night where they were still firing off fireworks until 1 or 2 in the morning.

We have just booked Harmony of the Seas for departure 26th June. Arriving in Barcelona the day before and need a hotel for the night.

The Rivoli Ramblas is adequate and for a splurge, the unique Bagues. Both are on the Ramblas about halfway down from the Plaza Catalunia.

Stayed in the Hotel Continental twice back in 2010 and it would not be my first choice again. Lumpy, hard beds and all that pink decor :eek:. The location on La Rambla is great but if you have a balcony you can get street noise late into the night. We had one night where they were still firing off fireworks until 1 or 2 in the morning.

Hotel Continental on Las Ramblas[emoji106]🏻

We stayed in the Hotel Continental in 2006. It was great. Food offerings were plentiful and a good variety. Next in 2010...saw a bit of a decline. Last time was 2 years ago. Let's say it's not on our list of places we'd choose to stay.

For our Serenade cruise outta Barcelona, we stayed at the wonderful Hotel Espana. I have info and pictures in my review of that cruise here:

http://pndcruisereviews.com/cruise/Serenade%2013/Serenade%2013.htm

We LOVED this hotel! It's superbly located at the heart of Barcelona. Barcelona itself is beautiful. If you haven't planned airfare or schedules yet, I would recommend two nights in Barcelona. It's worth it in this amazing city.

Enjoy the Harmony! (ENVY!!! :D)

Cheers,

Paul