New C&A Promotional Prices - **Check your Quantum of the Seas Reservations**

This week, Royal Caribbean launched new "special rates" for C&A members. I, of course, had no idea what this meant (it seems to be replacing savings certificates).

I do a weekly search on my Quantum sailing to see if prices have dropped and just now, I saved $526 on my sailing.

This may not apply to everyone (I have no way of knowing), but I want to inform fellow CC'ers of my situation. Here are my details:

- I'm booked on the November 2 maiden voyage of Quantum of the Seas

- I booked in March in a Large Interior Stateroom Guarantee

- Later that month, prices went down on the non-guarantees and I grabbed a midship room on Deck 12 (total price was less than my guarantee)

- I've done weekly searches for prices since then seeing no downward movements

Today, seeing the new "C&A Special Rates", I saw my total was $510 dollars lower going through trying to book the same cruise. I put a Courtesy Hold on that (just in case Royal Caribbean didn't play nice and I needed to cancel and re-book), and I saw a note saying this price included a $526 C&A special discount.

I then called their reservation number, spoke to someone friendly, but unaware of Royal's change in promotion. He saw the special rate tag on my Courtesy Hold and then applied it to my booking. Essentially $526 back in my pocket!

Please check your bookings and let me know if this applies to anyone else! Were you successful in getting the lower price?

I only had an interior, so I'm curious if others get bigger savings. :)

Checked my cruise, no price drop on my D8 Balcony cabin. What I don't understand is why they are charging so much for my traveling single? I couldn't get the studio balcony cabin, sold out of course because there aren't that many. I am a waiting list. There's only about a $300 difference between one person vs. two people in the cabin. That doesn't seem right to me....will have to call RCI to inquire.

Edited by Annefran

How do you get 'C&A' rates? We signed up for C&A last year after our first cruise and have our numbers. We booked our Quantum cruise after this but call the RCI listed number for new bookings but I don't know if it's a C&A rate.

Please explain the difference to me, thanks.

Is C&A giving a price reduction on previously booked cruises ?

Yes they are. My Allure TA 2015 solo Q inside cabin went down $267 last week with the new C&A exclusive rates. I just emailed my US TA...short time later new RCCL invoice came in with the new lower price :D

I wish though my Quantum reservations would come down in price.

How do you get 'C&A' rates? We signed up for C&A last year after our first cruise and have our numbers. We booked our Quantum cruise after this but call the RCI listed number for new bookings but I don't know if it's a C&A rate.

Please explain the difference to me, thanks.

You need to log into your C&A account and look for Special Offers, then New Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates. You will see "See cruises" tab, click on that and then you can use the drop down boxes and select month/ship etc and cruise prices come up.

When you click on the category of cabin you have booked you then look at Summary of Charges and it shows what the discounts are.

You need to log into your C&A account and look for Special Offers, then New Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates. You will see "See cruises" tab, click on that and then you can use the drop down boxes and select month/ship etc and cruise prices come up.

When you click on the category of cabin you have booked you then look at Summary of Charges and it shows what the discounts are.

Thank you Liz. I logged in to C&A and had to add my reservation for Quantum; my June cruise was there only.

On the Quantum for my cruise, my category is N/A... guess they're sold out. Glad we booked last June!

Thanks again!

Would they then honor the balcony discount as well?

No, based on my conversations, it's one or the other. Looking at the responses thus far, it seems to be really specific situations where you can save money.

My suggestion - try and book online for the same cruise and category you have and compare the final prices. As Liz mentioned - you need to be signed into your C&A account when looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just saved me $580 (plus an upgrade to ocean view) on my Nov 2 Quantum sailing, thank you very much!! :D

Excellent! I'm glad I could help at least one person!!

Do you mind sharing your details (around when you booked)? The savings here seem to be category based (those of us that had/have inside staterooms seem to be the biggest beneficiaries) - but I'm curious if timing played a role as well.

Do you mind sharing your details (around when you booked)? The savings here seem to be category based (those of us that had/have inside staterooms seem to be the biggest beneficiaries) - but I'm curious if timing played a role as well.

I almost booked one of those insides just to try out the virtual balcony. But my cabin class is sold out on my sailing, so I cant do a test booking to see.

my cabin class is sold out on my sailing, so I cant do a test booking to see.

I'm having the same issue. A grand suite opened up on my booking (Jan 3) and I noticed it was about $200 cheaper than before, so I was hoping maybe there'd be some other savings, but I have no way to check. Oh well, I'm just keeping an eye on it, and hopefully I'll get lucky (and if not, I'm ok with what we paid). :)

I'm having the same issue. A grand suite opened up on my booking (Jan 3) and I noticed it was about $200 cheaper than before, so I was hoping maybe there'd be some other savings, but I have no way to check. Oh well, I'm just keeping an eye on it, and hopefully I'll get lucky (and if not, I'm ok with what we paid). :)

.....and the suite is still there, but the discount is now gone (except for my platinum discount). Just didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if they've been waiting for a suite. :D

I booked a Large-Inside "L" guarantee, on September 9th, 2013. The total then was $2,883 which included all taxes and gratuities. The new outstanding total is $2443.80 for an upgraded Ocean-View "I" stateroom. Next month I may upgrade to a balcony, we will see (though it is a Nov North Atlantic Crossing). Also, I will receive Club Royale benefits including a free specialty dinner. All in all, a reasonable deal!

I looked and want to see if I understand this correctly. On the 1 Mar 11 Nights S. Carib sailing the only discount was our category balcony discount. Was there another discount at one time and I missed it....or are the prices they are advertising suppose to be their "member prices"? At any rate, the price advertised on the DO balcony is over $500 more per person than when we booked. Thanks for clarifying or verifying the member discount or not.

Just curious, how were you guys checking the prices to see if the C&A promotion lowered the price of your existing reservation? Were you just logging into your RCCL account and reserving the cruise through the site or was there a special C&A link you were following?