toiletries

Seabiscuit66

Do the cabins generally provide toiletries like in a hotel room? i.e. shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap

Depending on the cruise line what's offered varies. On some cruise lines you get lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sun burn relief, all in little tubes/bottles.

Other cruiselines there are dispensers in the shower/bath that have body wash/gel and shampoo (some are a shampoo/conditioner combo).

Most of the mass market lines provide generic toiletries in wall containers (shampoo/conditioner (often a combination product) and body wash plus a bar of hand soap. If you are in a spa cabin or a suite, then usually you will get Elemis or some other upscale brand in the little bottles. For me, I bring my own because I color my hair and need sulfate free shampoo or the color fades.

It must depend on the line- on P&O you get small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion by The White Company, plus bar soap and shampoo dispensers; on our RCI cruise I think it was just the dispenser and a small soap bar....and no chocolate on the pillow...:(

It must depend on the line- on P&O you get small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion by The White Company, plus bar soap and shampoo dispensers; on our RCI cruise I think it was just the dispenser and a small soap bar....and no chocolate on the pillow...:(

It does. On our Disney cruises we had (H2O products) shampoo, conditioner, lotion in small (2 oz) tubes, and individual bath soap, and hand soap bars.

On Holland America, we had dispensers in the shower that had shampoo, conditioner, and shower/bath gel. As well as individual hand soap bars. They have Elemis products.

On Carnival & Princess we had dispensers in the shower that had shower gel, and a shampoo/conditioner combo. Unsure whose products they use.

Do the cabins generally provide toiletries like in a hotel room? i.e. shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap

Yes but the quality can vary greatly (that is yes for every line I've been on).

It's best to bring what you need....all lines provide those slivers of soap...and usually some kind of mystery goo.... some give you actual shampoo/conditioner combo...but I want to look good, so I bring what works for me.

Same with hairdryer...ship's hairdryers suck.

It varies by cruise line what toilet products will be provided.

I just returned from a suite on NCL and had individual bottles of Elemis shampoo, body lotion (I really liked that particular version), bars of hand soap at the sink and bath soap. There was a loofah, shower cap and bath beads. On a dispenser hung on shower wall, there was conditioner and shampoo.

On HAL, all cabins have wall dispenser with Elemis shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. Sometimes there is a bar of hand soap at the sink and sometimes I have to ask my steward for it.