Keeping white capri pants clean?

candycaramel

I'm going to Hawaii. 3 days in Honolulu and 7 day island cruise. I am trying to pack everything in carryon 20 inch suitcase.

So I have one pair of white denim capri pants that I want to take along with a pair of denim capris and a dressy gaucho pant. I will also have a maxi dress and "little black dress" for dressy occasions.

I have six tops that can mix and match with the bottoms.

Do you think I have a problem with keeping the white pants clean? They are denim and would take forever to dry if I tried to wash them out and hang them up to dry.

I am trying to not purchase anything and just work with what I have in my closet and the white pants look very nice with all of the tops. The denim pants are for when I do more outdoorsy stuff like go to the Volcano national park or hike Diamond head.

Anyway, any thoughts on keeping white denim capri pants clean?

Either send them to ships laundry since they will take forever to dry or look around for light, non iron poly capris/shorts. I have some by Columbia, NorthFace,. Patagonia in neutral colors and white. They weigh nothing, can be hand washed.

Two suggestions

a) any chance of bringing capris in a different/lighter material so they can be washed if required?

b) bring a tide stick or other 'spot remover' product to take care of any little mishaps along the way?

I wear a LOT of white when cruising - but could never pack in a carryon - so this time I am bringing 2 pairs of white capris 'just in case'! :)

I wouldn't plan on wearing white/cream more than once....unless you're really lucky. I would think lighter weight clothing would be more comfortable, anyway....I don't wear denim in summer weather...too warm for me.

Yes...send stuff to the laundry, if your ship doesn't have a passenger laundromat.

Okay. You all are correct. The white denim is going too be too hot and impractical to keep clean. I have a pair of light weight white linen pants but not realistic for more than a day off the ship.

I have a few pairs of light weight burmuda shorts in khaki, green and white to choose from.

I am also looking into some of those lightweight travel pants from Patagonia, north face and Columbia.

Thanks for the tips.

Like I mentioned I am trying to get everything into a carry-on due to the fact I over packed last trip and it really was a hassle dragging around all the luggage.

Edited by candycaramel

Like I mentioned I am trying to get everything into a carry-on due to the fact I over packed last trip and it really was a hassle dragging around all the luggage.

I empathize with this - it's one of the reasons I pack light!

I have some great lightweight pants & shorts that are wicking & quick dry - great for travel, can wash up in the sink and they're dry the next day. Ex Officio, Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, REI etc. Check out Sierra Trading Post for good deals. (they had a 40% coupon on their facebook page last night - only good until midnight, but they have deals regularly)

• 2 weeks later...