blue lagoon

margincall

Being that this is our first time on the Gem,we were looking forward to the Blue Lagoon.Now I hear it is being replaced only a few weeks before we sail.Does anyone know what it is being replaced with and how different a menu it will be??

You should be very happy. Blue Lagoon for some reason has been a "has been" onboard. Yes, we went there, but the service was often lacking. They are now combining the Moderno and Blue Lagoon areas into O'Sheehans which is getting good reviews. They did this on the Jewel a month or so ago.

O"Sheehans very good, it is abigger, larger Blue Lagoon, with much of the menu the same, only with more choices. We have been to both and not very big difference between them. Good pub type atmosphere and food. Nice spot for any time of the day.

Great outddors another great spot on the Jewel- good for breakfast

Safe sailing

Ok thanks

does that mean there will be no Moderno??

we liked it on the Sun in Alaska last year.

Or is it just being moved?

Moderno will be in the new and improved location. They will move it to the space that used to be Star Bar and Cagney's annex.

If last week on the Jewel is any indication on the success of O'Shehans on the Jewel it is much better then the old blue lagoon. We stopped for lunch at 1:30 and even with more then twice the tables they quoted 20 minute wait for a table. Best breakfast on the ship.

I always liked the Blue Lagoon, so when I heard it was changed to O'Sheehan's I had a little tiny bit of anxiety. :eek: But I'm glad to hear great reviews about O'Sheehan's and can't wait to try it on the Jewel in just a few weeks.

Also looking forward to seeing the difference in Cagney's (Star Bar/annex area/Moderno.)

No wings? No chocolate brownie sundae? my husband may stop cruising.

Wings is still there, chocolate brownie sundae is no longer free unless you pay for it. This is what i noticed on the Breakaway. The new menu is very limited compared to the new pub menu. I do no like the new menu either

Do they still have cheese cake. We love to stop at blue lagoon for cheese cake before going to bed.

Nope. that was another thing i was disappointed with too. The only place to get cake late at night is at the atrium cafe where they sell food

Never fear. O'Sheehan's has AWESOME wings. When I was on the Breakaway in March, I loved hitting O's for wings. The fish and chips was also fantastic. It's open late night, too, which is fantastic. More than once, I got wings and/or fish & Chips, asked for them to go... then went back to my room (I was in an aft-facing balcony) and sat out there munching happily!

Richard/Tralfie

Nope. that was another thing i was disappointed with too. The only place to get cake late at night is at the atrium cafe where they sell food

No brownie sundae or cheesecake. The only two things I ever ate from there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Never fear. O'Sheehan's has AWESOME wings. When I was on the Breakaway in March, I loved hitting O's for wings. The fish and chips was also fantastic. It's open late night, too, which is fantastic. More than once, I got wings and/or fish & Chips, asked for them to go... then went back to my room (I was in an aft-facing balcony) and sat out there munching happily!

Richard/Tralfie

Glad to hear that the fish and chips are still there! I'll miss the brownie sundae and DH the cheesecake, but I guess that's a couple thousand calories less per cruise, lol.

I liked O'Sheehan's when I was on the BA last month...but was disappointed they didn't have potato skins :(. I had the wings, which were just as yummy as Blue Lagoon's, thank goodness ;)!

that makes me smile: I too will miss the wings. I guess, even though some want to say the menu is the same, just a different name, it isn't so. I will be ready to try something new. With positive reviews it can't be all bad. I don't expect gourmet dining, it is not meant to be anything except a place to grab a bite to eat, just like you neighborhood coffee shop or sports bar.

that makes me smile: I too will miss the wings. I guess, even though some want to say the menu is the same, just a different name, it isn't so. I will be ready to try something new. With positive reviews it can't be all bad. I don't expect gourmet dining, it is not meant to be anything except a place to grab a bite to eat, just like you neighborhood coffee shop or sports bar.

Had wings from O'Shehans on the Jewel last week. No need to miss them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

Had wings from O'Shehans on the Jewel last week. No need to miss them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Yes, I'm not sure why the comments about wings are continuing. As has been said multiple times up thread, o'Sheehans has always had wings. They are my usual late night snack.

Is there a charge for any of the food items? I don't remember being charged extra for food in the Blue Lagoon when we were on the Gem.

Not for the main items, no.

I think there may be some deserts which there is a charge for (sundaes or something like that), but I've never really looked at that bit.