Shorts in main dining room on Indy

Do your dining experience is lessened if someone 3 tables away is wearing a polo shirt and nice shorts?

Doesn't bother me but as i keep saying the decision of dress codes in the restaurant lies with the restaurant manager and if you go in shorts you risk being embarrassed by not being let in.

43 cruises and counting.

Doesn't bother me but as i keep saying the decision of dress codes in the restaurant lies with the restaurant manager and if you go in shorts you risk being embarrassed by not being let in.

43 cruises and counting.

I don't have 43 cruises under my belt as you do, but I am a newly annointed Diamond member...I have never witnessed a person being turned away for wearing shorts, and further I have the same thought on every cruise about how many people are wearing shorts at dinner and how silly these threads are. Same goes for the old "jeans in dining room" threads that used to be constant here.

I don't have 43 cruises under my belt as you do, but I am a newly annointed Diamond member...I have never witnessed a person being turned away for wearing shorts, and further I have the same thought on every cruise about how many people are wearing shorts at dinner and how silly these threads are. Same goes for the old "jeans in dining room" threads that used to be constant here.

Personally i love wearing tailored shorts during the day but would never ever wear shorts on a night time in any restaurant.

43 cruises and counting.

I was once turned away at a P&O restaurant for not wearing my suit jacket !!

43 cruises and counting.

They say that tank tops and bare feet are not allowed in the dining room and that shorts are welcomed at breakfast and lunch. I don't think they turn away shorts, but they would prefer that you didn't.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They say that tank tops and bare feet are not allowed in the dining room and that shorts are welcomed at breakfast and lunch. I don't think they turn away shorts, but they would prefer that you didn't.

We were staying in a hotel in Tenerife when it was 90f and had very smart tailored shorts on and was turned away from restaurant and told to put long trousers on when women with the shortest of shorts were allowed in.

43 cruises and counting.

I was once turned away at a P&O restaurant for not wearing my suit jacket !!

43 cruises and counting.

In that case, I am sure the crew of the Adonia is counting the days until uber-casual fathom stops using her at the end of May and she returns to P&O. The only rule on fathom is "no swimwear" - and people DO go really casual.

Email from M Bayley States Dining Room Policy is that Shorts ARE Not allowed in the DR and that is NOT Changing.

Hi

Our Dining room policy does not allow shorts in the dining room for dinner and that is not changing. I think you may be a victim of "Fake News".

Thanks for reaching out.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone Michael BayleyPresident & CEORoyal Caribbean International

Just got off a five-night cruise aboard the Empress. Attended four events (three dinners and a wine tasting) in the MDR and one dinner at Chops Grille. Never wore long pants and was never asked to leave or refused seating.

Just out of curiosity did you feel comfortable being dressed in shorts while everyone else was dressed in long trousers.

43 cruises and counting.

Just out of curiosity did you feel comfortable being dressed in shorts while everyone else was dressed in long trousers.

43 cruises and counting.

I don't think he felt uncomfortable, and if the Instagram account of photos from Empress is anything to go by he was not the lone person.

43 cruises and counting.

I bet he did, as well as all the other people wearing shorts in the mdr. more so then those not wearing shorts. Isn't it nice to be comfortable while on vacation. Maybe you should try it. Quite relaxing.

I bet he did, as well as all the other people wearing shorts in the mdr. more so then those not wearing shorts. Isn't it nice to be comfortable while on vacation. Maybe you should try it. Quite relaxing.

Look at my photo.I love wearing tailored shorts but feel it is more appropriate to wear long trousers to events.

43 cruises and counting.

The first night, I decided to wear shorts down to Chops Grille. My fiancee was nervous about the dress code and wore nice shoes instead of her usual flip flops. We walk into Chops and literally the first patron I see is wearing shorts. And two ladies sitting a short distance from us were wearing flip flops.

We didn't worry about it after that. My standard dining outfit was a collared shirt, dress shorts, and Sperry leather boat shoes. Nobody complained.

I don't but if he had said lots of other people were dressed that way i would not have asked the question.

43 cruises and counting.

You were the one that said while everyone else was dressed in long trousers. Maybe the OP wasn't concerned what others were wearing like some are.

The first night, I decided to wear shorts down to Chops Grille. My fiancee was nervous about the dress code and wore nice shoes instead of her usual flip flops. We walk into Chops and literally the first patron I see is wearing shorts. And two ladies sitting a short distance from us were wearing flip flops.

We didn't worry about it after that. My standard dining outfit was a collared shirt, dress shorts, and Sperry leather boat shoes. Nobody complained.

It is the inconsistency of restaurants where some allow shorts and others don't and you feeling nervous before going in shows you were worried you might be embarrassed and turned away.

43 cruises and counting.

...or he wasn't concerned what others were wearing like some.

Like i have just posted.It is the inconsistency of the restaurants whether shorts are allowed or not but my answer is always that the restaurant manager dictates what the dress code is in his restaurants.

43 cruises and counting.

You were the one that said while everyone else was dressed in long trousers. Maybe the OP wasn't concerned what others were wearing like some are.

Personally i couldn't as Judge Judy says ( give a rats behind) what other people wear and i wear tailored shorts every day but out of curiosity and to keep the thread active it was a simple question to ask.

43 cruises and counting.

Personally i couldn't as Judge Judy says ( give a rats behind) what other people wear and i wear tailored shorts every day but out of curiosity and to keep the thread active it was a simple question to ask.

43 cruises and counting.

OK...:rolleyes: