Shorts in main dining room on Indy

Jewel, two weeks ago, friend wearing shorts was turned away from MDR on first formal night - quite drunkenly, we found him a pair of pants for the second (lobster) formal night in the duty free shops in Barbados. Shorts were allowed on all other days in MDR.

I am to busy gazing into my wife's beautiful blue eyes and listening to her talk about her day to ever notice or care about what someone else is wearing. The ambiance is never ruined by what other people wear unless you just sit there watching every person walk in. Try concentrating on the loved ones or new friends you've met than worrying about every person that walks in. Ambiance ruined by a nice pair of shorts has to be the biggest laugh I've ever heard on CC.

I just got off the Indy and every evening people in shorts were turned away and told them to change into pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm I was on the same cruise as you, and people were in shorts EVERY night, including elegant/formal night. Not just a few people... everywhere we looked they were in shorts. I wore shorts two different nights.

Jewel, two weeks ago, friend wearing shorts was turned away from MDR on first formal night - quite drunkenly, we found him a pair of pants for the second (lobster) formal night in the duty free shops in Barbados. Shorts were allowed on all other days in MDR.

Pretty much how was done on Serenade. On Formal nights saw a few in shorts turned away...

We have just got off a 3 night cruise on Independence.

We never saw anyone wearing shorts but we were disappointed in the service and the food quality in the MTD restaurant so for the last 2 nights we dined in Giovannis specialty restaurant and the food and service were fantastic.

44 cruises and counting.

• 2 months later...

This is very interesting. Voyager which is currently sailing in Asia from Hong Kong whilst stating there are formal night etc allowed absolutely anything in the dining rooms on any night. [emoji849]Don't bother taking your formal gear because few others seemed to and there were no consequences. I was surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Oasis in December. I saw shorts in the MDR. My son was one of the offenders. He was wearing cargo shorts and a nice shirt. I thought he looked fine and he is an adult and can pick his own clothing. Our waitstaff told him that the only night shorts would be a problem was formal night. I pulled on the same pair of khaki pants with a different blouse every evening and changed as soon as dinner was over.

My idea of vacation is wearing shorts and sandals. I wouldn't even consider packing a dress. I have to dress nicely for work EVERY SINGLE DAY. So I like a break. Dinner in the MDR is really not formal dress worthy IMO.

On our group family cruise in January on the Allure, Grandpa wore his blatantly political baseball cap in the dining room at dinner. No one said a word. We drew the line at the formal dinners.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Now that's seriously tacky.

I know lol,i wonder why they got rid of the ring and punchbags?.

I don't know, but I never saw many people using it. I wish they would put a hot tub there like they have on Voyager class.

I was on the Oasis in December. I saw shorts in the MDR. My son was one of the offenders. He was wearing cargo shorts and a nice shirt. I thought he looked fine and he is an adult and can pick his own clothing. Our waitstaff told him that the only night shorts would be a problem was formal night. I pulled on the same pair of khaki pants with a different blouse every evening and changed as soon as dinner was over.

My idea of vacation is wearing shorts and sandals. I wouldn't even consider packing a dress. I have to dress nicely for work EVERY SINGLE DAY. So I like a break. Dinner in the MDR is really not formal dress worthy IMO.

We never concern ourselves what people are wearing because that is up to them not us.

Pauline wears a different cocktail dress every night on the cruise and at work in her government office she dresses smartly but thats her.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I just got off the RC Radiance of the Seas. We had a group of 19 that included an 18 year old guy. On 'rock and roll' casual night he was wearing nice unholy jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt that hemmed and sleeveless but not a tank top. He was turned away at the door and told to go change his shirt! He did it with a good attitude, but I was a little angry about it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums