Purchase FCC post- cruise?

MustangGT

Just got back from a fabulous cruise on the Emerald!! We each purchased an FCC while on board. Today we got an email welcoming us home from our cruise and offering FCCs to purchase. Hmmmm.... Thought you could only buy them onboard? Guess I will call Princess to see if they have changed the policy.

Anyone else get this type of email post-cruise?

Just got off the phone with Princess. The rep stated that the email I received is a program called "Welcome Home" and is typically sent to passengers who did not purchase FCCs onboard. Even though we did purchase them onboard, she said we are welcome to purchase more since we got the email.

Yes, you can purchase a FCC post-cruise (up until 60 days after, I believe), but be aware that the OBC is less than if you had bought them onboard...

Edited by RickEk

I just got my welcome home email today. Here are the amounts:

17+ days (excluding World Cruise) $125 Balcony or Suite Stateroom

$75 Inside or Oceanview Stateroom

$100

11-16 days $60 Balcony or Suite Stateroom

$40 Inside or Oceanview Stateroom

$100

7-10 days $30 Balcony or Suite Stateroom

$15 Inside or Oceanview Stateroom

$100

3-6 days $15 Balcony or Suite Stateroom

$10 Inside or Oceanview Stateroom

$50

You can do it and the deposit would still be only $100. But the amount of the OBC you'd get is less than when you buy the FCC on board. They have to still offer that incentive to buy while sailing.

I bought two FCD on my last cruise and have used them. Can I purchase additional FCD. I did not receive a "Welcome Home" email.

I bought two FCD on my last cruise and have used them. Can I purchase additional FCD. I did not receive a "Welcome Home" email.

They only send the Welcome Home email to those who haven't purchased FCC's while on board. So you'll have to wait till your next cruise to get more.

They only send the Welcome Home email to those who haven't purchased FCC's while on board. So you'll have to wait till your next cruise to get more.
Or, if you live near a port with the Bon Voyage Experience, you can buy them while onboard for the BVE.

I received a welcome home email yesterday from Princess after purchasing 2 FCC's whilst on-board my last cruise two weeks ago.

The email did however state the following;

"Free onboard spending money is in the form of an onboard credit. Offer applies only to guests who did not make a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on board the ship, do not have an existing future booking, and varies according to category booked and sailing duration as noted in the chart above"

Guess the email was sent incorrectly to me....

I received a welcome home email yesterday from Princess after purchasing 2 FCC's whilst on-board my last cruise two weeks ago.

The email did however state the following;

"Free onboard spending money is in the form of an onboard credit. Offer applies only to guests who did not make a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) while on board the ship, do not have an existing future booking, and varies according to category booked and sailing duration as noted in the chart above"

Guess the email was sent incorrectly to me....

Sorry should have also clarified that I have several future cruise bookings with Princess, hence my confusion with Princess sending this email to me.

None the less, better to purchase on-board during a cruise.