specialty restaurants on AZ

joiedevivre

What is the current policy for specialty restaurants. Do suites pay?Do other cabins get a freebie?

Club Continental suites & above get unlimited free access, all others pay $25 per head.

It is surposed to be 2 nights allowed per cabin but you can usually book more if space allows, no freebies as far as I am aware

Edited by Bloodaxe

Club Continental suites & above get unlimited free access, all others pay $25 per head.

It is surposed to be 2 nights allowed per cabin but you can usually book more if space allows, no freebies as far as I am aware

I remember a 2 night limit on Oceania but I've never heard of a limit on Azamara. On Oceania, people in suites seemed to have no trouble getting more reservations while those of us in OVs couldn't get more than two even if we were willing to eat at odd hours.:(

I remember a 2 night limit on Oceania but I've never heard of a limit on Azamara. On Oceania, people in suites seemed to have no trouble getting more reservations while those of us in OVs couldn't get more than two even if we were willing to eat at odd hours.:(
Right. Never heard of a limit, and never had a problem making a reservation, although at times it required flexibility in choosing a time.

Right. Never heard of a limit, and never had a problem making a reservation, although at times it required flexibility in choosing a time.

We always stay in Suites and eat in the specialty restaurant every night switching between the two. No problem at all

We always stay in Suites and eat in the specialty restaurant every night switching between the two. No problem at all

Good for you, We have never sailed in a suite.....Yet;)

I am very interested in this topic regarding possible restrictions on number of bookings for non suite, steerage class :rolleyes:

We board quest very soon and have 2 very special celebrations onboard. If we can only book twice in the speciality restaurants, then we need to know.

Has anybody been refused because they have exceeded any limit, accepted this question does not apply to anyone who has only sailed in a suite.

Many thanks

Yvonne

Good for you, We have never sailed in a suite.....Yet;)

I am very interested in this topic regarding possible restrictions on number of bookings for non suite, steerage class :rolleyes:

We board quest very soon and have 2 very special celebrations onboard. If we can only book twice in the speciality restaurants, then we need to know.

Has anybody been refused because they have exceeded any limit, accepted this question does not apply to anyone who has only sailed in a suite.

Many thanks

Yvonne

Yvonne, to be sure you get the dates and times you want, book the reservations when you board. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN BOOK. period!

In the early days of Azamara there was a a supposed restriction on non suite guests but I don't recall them sticking to it.

Now you can go whenever you like as long as they have tables.

It was my birthday on embarkation day one cruise and I mentioned that we would like to have dinner in Aqualina that night and they sorted it out for me there and then.

As you have special celebrations on your cruise, sure they will do all they can to accommodate you.

Hope you have an especially enjoyable cruise

Hazel

In the early days of Azamara there was a a supposed restriction on non suite guests but I don't recall them sticking to it.

Now you can go whenever you like as long as they have tables.

It was my birthday on embarkation day one cruise and I mentioned that we would like to have dinner in Aqualina that night and they sorted it out for me there and then.

As you have special celebrations on your cruise, sure they will do all they can to accommodate you.

Hope you have an especially enjoyable cruise

Hazel

Thanks ..it's my Mum's BD...and we're staying in a suite so I hope they can accommodate us.... She doesn't know I put it our booking that she is celebrating..

CC

On our first cruise making a reservation in a specialty restaurant was no problem but on this past New Year's cruise on the Quest the restaurants were booked after the first day. Being in a suite made no difference. I'm fine eating in the MDR but DH prefers the specialty restaurants and felt a suite amenity that we paid for was not delivered.

On our first cruise making a reservation in a specialty restaurant was no problem but on this past New Year's cruise on the Quest the restaurants were booked after the first day. Being in a suite made no difference. I'm fine eating in the MDR but DH prefers the specialty restaurants and felt a suite amenity that we paid for was not delivered.

Perhaps the lack of reservations had something to do with New Year's. We were in a suite on our last two Quest cruises and never had a problem getting a reservation. We ate in Prime C or Aqualina every night.

There has always been a 2 night official limit for other than suites.

Has I said before they would always allow you to book more if they have space.

In the early days you could only book the 2 up front & had to check later if you wanted more.

Then it was only 5 dollars & it was much harder to book space. now it is much easier since the price has increased

Yvonne, to be sure you get the dates and times you want, book the reservations when you board. THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU CAN BOOK. period!

I am sorry but that is not the case, they may have changed the rules but if so I have never been told.

I stand by my above statement & anyone who has sailed Azamara from the start in 2007 would agree.

I am sorry but that is not the case, they may have changed the rules but if so I have never been told.

I stand by my above statement & anyone who has sailed Azamara from the start in 2007 would agree.

As others have said there were restrictions when I cruised in the earlier days but that restriction has been removed and all references deleted from the website. This happened at the time they moved to the $25 surcharge. I do not recall them directly notifying all of us at that time, but I do recall looking to book more than 2 on a cruise in 2011 and saying "I will book 2 now and if you can let me know when I book more that will be good" and being asked why and when I said "well the 2 booking rule" I was told not any more

Below is the extract from the website today - as you can see no restrictions where it used to clearly mention them

Azamara proudly features two specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina. Specialty dining is complimentary for suite guests (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites and Club Continent Suites). For others, there is a $25 per-person cover. Reservations are highly recommended.

As others have said there were restrictions when I cruised in the earlier days but that restriction has been removed and all references deleted from the website. This happened at the time they moved to the $25 surcharge. I do not recall them directly notifying all of us at that time, but I do recall looking to book more than 2 on a cruise in 2011 and saying "I will book 2 now and if you can let me know when I book more that will be good" and being asked why and when I said "well the 2 booking rule" I was told not any more

Below is the extract from the website today - as you can see no restrictions where it used to clearly mention them

Azamara proudly features two specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina. Specialty dining is complimentary for suite guests (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites and Club Continent Suites). For others, there is a $25 per-person cover. Reservations are highly recommended.

Thank you UKtog, I was not aware of the change, you are a mine of information

Thank you UKtog, I was not aware of the change, you are a mine of information

Bloodaxe, there are many of us on this board whose time on Journey and Quest is measured in months onboard, rather than weeks, each year. We're very much aware of what's happening on the ships. We try to give people accurate information. So the next time you're tempted to tell us we're wrong, please check the accuracy of your statements first. :)

There is no 2 night limit on Oceania.

Any limit at all applies to the number of bookings you can make PRE-CRUISE for your cabin category. Every cabin category is guaranteed a certain number in each restaurant. Once on board, there is no limit. The only "limit" is availability. I have known some Oceania cruisers to eat in the specialty restaurants every night of the cruise (you need to be flexible about time and willing to share a table to pull that off). My last cruise ((12 nights) - not in a suite - I ate in the specialties 7 nights of 12. The only reason I stopped at 7 is that I love the lobster tails nightly in the Terrace.

I have sailed on Oceania in both suites and OV. It has never made a difference as to whether I could get extra reservations.

There is no 2 night limit on Oceania.

Any limit at all applies to the number of bookings you can make PRE-CRUISE for your cabin category. Every cabin category is guaranteed a certain number in each restaurant. Once on board, there is no limit. The only "limit" is availability. I have known some Oceania cruisers to eat in the specialty restaurants every night of the cruise (you need to be flexible about time and willing to share a table to pull that off). My last cruise ((12 nights) - not in a suite - I ate in the specialties 7 nights of 12. The only reason I stopped at 7 is that I love the lobster tails nightly in the Terrace.

I have sailed on Oceania in both suites and OV. It has never made a difference as to whether I could get extra reservations.

My last cruise on Oceania was in 2007. Nice to know that things have gotten better.

The following was just communicated to me from the Hotel Operations Department! I'd say Spursgirl has the longest memory, and everyone is correct that they never enforced it. phew...you're all right! bb

"Since you asked about the past, yes, there used to be a policy of 2 reservations maximum within the first few days of the cruise, to allow everyone an opportunity to book, then after that, no limits. But we phased that out a long time ago...there has not been any limit on number of reservations for several years now, regardless of stateroom type or cruise length. Thanks..."