St Kitts

bluerose1515

Any of you lovely Carnival cruisers who have been to St Kitts. What are recommendations? I usually am the go go type on vacations/cruises but our next one we want to just relax and not do a whole lot of running around. I know we will be doing 2 all inclusive resorts at 2 of our other stops. I'm completely clueless as to what to do or where to go. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Happy Tuesday all.

Soon after you walk into the port shopping area, there are men walking around with little adorable monkeys wearing clothes and diapers. They offer to put their monkeys on you and take pictures of you with YOUR camera. The price varies. I love these monkeys! They are my favorite thing in St. Kitts!

I've been to St. Kitts twice. The first time we just grabbed a taxi and did a tour of the island. Brimstone Fortress was the highlight of that trip. The second time around we did the MyIslands Tour with Javin. HIGHLY recommend it!! It was an absolute blast and priced very well. We too are the go-go type and this was a really nice mixture. We ran around the island but it never felt like we were running around like crazy. It was one of the best excursions we had on that cruise. My reviews in my signature links outline both excursions with plenty of pics from both. Another option is to just head over to Cockleshell Beach (also in my second review) or Shipwreck Bar and Grill. You can't go wrong with either of those as well. Have fun!!

We booked a snorkel and catamaran to Nevis through Welcome Tours this past June. We had a great time.

My nephew and his girlfriend, booked their volcano hike, but they were the only two that were signed up for it, so it was canceled...but they let them go on the catamaran with us.

A guidebook or a google search is always recommended when you're going someplace you've never been! Its GOOD to know something about where you're going!

Have already done research on the area and the island. I'm just being very indecisive in what to do. Luckily we have over a year to decide

I was in St. Kitts in 2013 and I met my boyfriend on that cruise, he had something lined up so I joined him and it was a great tour. We went on Grey's Island Excursion whit Thenford Grey. Went to Brimstone Hill Fortress, Romney Manor and Batik Shop and got a little beach time, He also stopped for photo opportunities a lot. He was fabulous and if we return we will book with him again. Check out his website http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/#_=_

I was in St. Kitts in 2013 and I met my boyfriend on that cruise, he had something lined up so I joined him and it was a great tour. We went on Grey's Island Excursion whit Thenford Grey. Went to Brimstone Hill Fortress, Romney Manor and Batik Shop and got a little beach time, He also stopped for photo opportunities a lot. He was fabulous and if we return we will book with him again. Check out his website http://www.thenfordgreytours.com/#_=_

last time we were I. St. Kitts, we did the Sky Safari Zipline. When we go in January, we have booked Thnford Grey's tour. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I spent a year living in St. Kitts and enjoyed some wonderful days at Reggae Beach Bar. The view of Nevis is spectacular. I tend to prefer the Caribbean side vs. the Atlantic side.

It is much further away from the port, so I am not sure about transport there as I had my own car.

If you decide to visit the Frigate Bay Strip/ Timothy Beach area, then I highly suggest you either get Cathy's bbq chicken and ribs with a side of rice and peas for lunch or grilled lobster or chicken roti from Shiggidy Shack. My mouth waters thinking of eating any of that stuff... memories!

Enjoy!

Just got back from our cruise that visited st kitts and we it was our favorite port!! We got off the ship and asked the lady at the information desk for the best beach and she told us cockleshell beach (which is where the reggae beach bar is). It was $7 per person for a taxi each way and it was totally worth it because of the beautiful views. But the beach it self wasn't to busy and the water was beautiful. You can also rent jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, etc. Definitely will be going back there when/if I got back to st. Kitts

Just got back from our cruise that visited st kitts and we it was our favorite port!! We got off the ship and asked the lady at the information desk for the best beach and she told us cockleshell beach (which is where the reggae beach bar is). It was $7 per person for a taxi each way and it was totally worth it because of the beautiful views. But the beach it self wasn't to busy and the water was beautiful. You can also rent jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, etc. Definitely will be going back there when/if I got back to st. Kitts

You remember drink prices? How long of a taxi ride was it and was it easy to get a cab back to port? Thanks for sharing

You remember drink prices? How long of a taxi ride was it and was it easy to get a cab back to port? Thanks for sharing

I don't remember drink prices and the taxi ride was about 25 min long and was beautiful, as I mentioned earlier. As for the cab back to the port our cab driver asked us (and the other group in our cab) how long we would be there right when we arrived (all the taxi drivers have their own spot to wait at the beach for their group). We both told him a couple of hours, and he asked for a time. We weren't sure what time since we just got there so we like 3:30. When 3:30 came neither us or the other group were ready to leave so we asked for another 30 min and he said ok. When we were ready we went to go find him and headed back to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
I spent a year living in St. Kitts and enjoyed some wonderful days at Reggae Beach Bar. The view of Nevis is spectacular. I tend to prefer the Caribbean side vs. the Atlantic side.

It is much further away from the port, so I am not sure about transport there as I had my own car.

If you decide to visit the Frigate Bay Strip/ Timothy Beach area, then I highly suggest you either get Cathy's bbq chicken and ribs with a side of rice and peas for lunch or grilled lobster or chicken roti from Shiggidy Shack. My mouth waters thinking of eating any of that stuff... memories!

Enjoy!

Thanks first to OP for posting this thread!

And to CocoCandy for their valuable info!

CocoCandy, since you lived there, I wanted to ask you a few questions:

Have been to Frigate Bay Beach in 2008, but this was prior to developing a shellfish allergy to shrimp, crab, and lobster. Do you know if island restaurants such as Cathy's are experienced with preparing food for people with food allergies (such as avoiding cross-contamination during preparation)?

Also, we had been considering Cockleshell Beach as well, but I read reviews citing the presence of free-roaming animals such as a goat, a boar, monkeys who will steal your drinks, and many feral cats. My traveling companions would be adverse to this--especially if the animals are doing their "business" all over. Any firsthand knowledge/advice regarding Cockleshell?

Thanks!