Anne Frank Museum Tickets

SoccerMom#3

I want to buy tickets ahead of time for our pre-cruise time in Amsterdam in April. I've been using this link http://www.annefrank.org/ to purchase on line tickets but when I go to April 2015 it says "no performances or packages are currently scheduled in or after this month".

Does that mean that they are sold out of on line in advance tickets and that the only tickets we can get are those we buy the day we want to go to the museum? I'd like to buy tickets ahead of time since it seems that most of our day in Amsterdam would be spent waiting in line for tickets which is not how I want to spend our only full day in Amsterdam.

We went last July and I was able to order the tickets 9 months in advance. Definitely woth the effort. The line was unbelievable but we just arrived 15 minutes before scheduled tour and rang a door bell and they let us in. Used the free restrooms and had our tour. We also booked the 30 minute presentation in English(Only have a couple a day) that was well worth it.

I want to buy tickets ahead of time for our pre-cruise time in Amsterdam in April. I've been using this link http://www.annefrank.org/ to purchase on line tickets but when I go to April 2015 it says "no performances or packages are currently scheduled in or after this month".

Does that mean that they are sold out of on line in advance tickets and that the only tickets we can get are those we buy the day we want to go to the museum? I'd like to buy tickets ahead of time since it seems that most of our day in Amsterdam would be spent waiting in line for tickets which is not how I want to spend our only full day in Amsterdam.

We have been monitoring the Anne Frank tickets for several months now, as we want to pre-buy them for a June visit. They seem to be available about 2 months ahead of time. Tickets for March just became available the beginning of January. Keep monitoring the website. If they follow this same schedule, you should be able to buy your tickets for April beginning in February.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I second the suggestion to pay the extra for the English presentation before the tour. There are no tour guides and no narration if you don't do the presentation. I don't recall how far out I purchased tickets but I think it was more then 2 months. By the way, even though it was this past December and the temperature was maybe 35 - 40 the line was still out of sight around the corner!

Soccer Mom and Copaguy just a suggestion for you. We were just over there last month and also had the day in Amsterdam. Trust me, it doesn't take long for the jetlag to catch up to you. The boats tie up about a 10 minute walk from Central Station. I would suggest getting on a tram and paying the 7.50 euro for a day pass to save some of your energy. You can get within about 2 blocks from almost anywhere in downtown Amsterdam. It saved us and we were able to cover more distance. The trams stop every couple of blocks. If you see something that catches your eye....get off and check it out. Another tram will be along in about 10 or 15 minutes. It was well worth the cost for the tram tickets.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I think I will email them and see if they are out of pre-ordered ticket or they just aren't available on line yet.

Viking has us booked at the Radisson Blu Hotel which seems to be in the center of Amsterdam so hopefully we aren't too far from the Anne Frank museum. I agree with you, rothbury, I'm going to save all my walking for the cruise rather than Amsterdam. A trolley seems like a great choice.

Totally agree with that advice. We plan to get the trolley tickets included in the museum pass (I think that was the one).

I've been trying to get Anne Frank tickets too but it's way too early from what I can tell. They only seem to go on sale a few months in advance now. Keep trying though.

Maybe i was lucky but i never bought tx ahead of time..walked from the viking moorage, waited in line for maybe 30 mins and got in...this was 2009 May.

I had read the anne frank diary in school so didn't feel the need for a tour...i knew the rooms and the story enough i thought. The display and info i felt was sufficient to meet my needs. Everyone was quiet and respectful.

The single thing that " got " me was the wall with the growth chart markings as i think we all did that with our kids growing up.

I am looking for tickets for May. I have been investigating this. You can book tickets now through the end of March. Tickets for April should go on sale the 1st of February and tickets for May should go on sale the 1st of March. Hope this helps! Just bought Van Gogh tickets tonight for late May. They are readily available.

I also want to purchase tickets for May. Starting looking months ago, and am hoping you are right that the tickets will become available online by the beginning of March.

I did try to email the address on the website, but the email was rejected as an invalid email address. If someone is successful emailing, I'm sure you will update us with the response.

I also want to purchase tickets for May. Starting looking months ago, and am hoping you are right that the tickets will become available online by the beginning of March.

I did try to email the address on the website, but the email was rejected as an invalid email address. If someone is successful emailing, I'm sure you will update us with the response.

We emailed the Anne Frank house and received a reply. Tickets for future months will be available in February. Keep monitoring their website.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks to someone sending me the daily newsletters from their previous Avalon cruise, I noticed that they offer an Anne Frank tour including transportation to/from. I'm sure the price is higher than getting the tickets on your own, but if you're sailing with Avalon and would rather let someone else handle the ticket purchase and transportation to/from, it's an option. I betcha they get their groups in faster than the pre-paid line too.

I had the same question since I will also be there in April. I emailed the museum and they said they are implementing a new computer system and it's taking longer than they anticipated to get it up and running. They said to keep checking back every day.

Thank you so much for the update.

Personally I would get the tram ticket. It is so worth it to get around and see the things you want to in a shorter period of time. I wouldn't go in a group. I don't think they get any special treatment. It's cheaper and you can go at your own speed. Keep checking for the tickets and do it daily. The time slots fill up fast. I had to do the same last year but it was so worth it. We walked right in while the line wrapped around. I almost felt guilty because they were all waiting in the pouring rain.

Emailed the Anne Frank Museum ticket sales. Received an email back today. They apologize for the inconvenience of tickets still not being available online. They say they hope to have tickets available for future months by the end of February. They have no idea of what day. So just keep looking as a I will.