Oceania Price Increases

pinotlover

Jus received the new 2015 Oceania European Collection Brouchure in the mail this week. Since we already had booked our 2015 cruise, I hadn't noticed how all the prices had increased!:eek: Not sure what the total percentage is but the price of a previous 10 day tour seems to be the current price of a shortened 7 day cruise. The cruise were looking at for 2016, jumped about $3K each! Guess O is feeling pretty good at their market.

Anyone else notice the significantly higher new prices on their future advertised cruises?

Didn't check it out on any one example but it did seem that prices were high. I saw some mighty good "new ports". (looking at Greenland/Iceland). Brochure prices are always high as we use a high volume discounter and we buy cruise only and usually with benefits (like upgrade etc.)

Jus received the new 2015 Oceania European Collection Brouchure in the mail this week. Since we already had booked our 2015 cruise, I hadn't noticed how all the prices had increased!:eek: Not sure what the total percentage is but the price of a previous 10 day tour seems to be the current price of a shortened 7 day cruise. The cruise were looking at for 2016, jumped about $3K each! Guess O is feeling pretty good at their market.

Anyone else notice the significantly higher new prices on their future advertised cruises?

We are booked on a Caribbean cruise in December 2015. After seeing your post, we checked the pricing for our itinerary and noticed the price is about $1,000 higher than what we booked. Still not sure the economy is running on all cylinders such that prices can go up to reflect the increased demand, but for now, we are happy

Randy

Carroll;

As stated in the OP, we receive the big thick new brochure in the mail. It makes following the cruises and the pricing very easy. I think we're looking at an over 30% price hike on most cruises. The 2015 Northern Lights tour lowest fare is $10K, our normal A2 concierge suit is now almost $12.9.

Interesting thing on this tour is that they dropped Spatenberg and added ports in Russia! That's the same Russia, where, without a visa, one cannot get off the boat and wander around the small town visited, but pay for a tour and stay with the tour group. Wonder how many private tour companies there are in Archangel, Russia or Solovestsky Islands? One would probably be forced to pay the outlandish O tour prices to visit the towns. So they both hike up the prices and go places where you most likely will have to use their tours!

As of this morning, on the Oceania site, this cruise for A2 is $10,899 per person. Has a $4000 per stateroom Early Booking Savings (which now is becoming about the same as 2 for 1 Cruise Fares). I don't have the large cruise book yet, but most likely they did not include the early booking discounts??

We booked the Marina, British Isles Medley, July 2015, a few months back. At that time they had Free Prepaid Gratuities. Hard to compare prices to the 2014 cruise as the days increased from 10 to 12, but it was not that much of an increase.

Also checked our upcoming Marina Viking Trails, Aug. 21 against the 2015 cruise. About a $450 increase per person, after $3000 early booking for 2015- for 2014 it was $2800 Early Booking- plus other perks added later.

Herb

Interesting thing on this tour is that they dropped Spatenberg and added ports in Russia! That's the same Russia, where, without a visa, one cannot get off the boat and wander around the small town visited, but pay for a tour and stay with the tour group. Wonder how many private tour companies there are in Archangel, Russia or Solovestsky Islands? One would probably be forced to pay the outlandish O tour prices to visit the towns. So they both hike up the prices and go places where you most likely will have to use their tours!

I seem to remember that one does not need a Russian visa in those ports - only in Sochi and SPB.

I may be wrong but that is my recollection. Maybe someone who has visited those ports can comment.

Edited by Paulchili

I seem to remember that one does not need a Russian visa in those ports - only in Sochi and SPB.

I may be wrong but that is my recollection. Maybe someone who has visited those ports can comment.

Murmansk required a tour or VISA but no many private guides to book anyway ;)

In Sochi (and Ukraine) we had private tours which provided the group visa.

But I wouldn't recommend trying to leave the ship on your own! Not that you'd get very far ...

Some people often ask if they can wander off from a ship's tour in Russia ... that also is not advised!

Mura

I think you are indeed (wrong)! :D

As of this morning, on the Oceania site, this cruise for A2 is $10,899 per person. Has a $4000 per stateroom Early Booking Savings (which now is becoming about the same as 2 for 1 Cruise Fares). I don't have the large cruise book yet, but most likely they did not include the early booking discounts??

We booked the Marina, British Isles Medley, July 2015, a few months back. At that time they had Free Prepaid Gratuities. Hard to compare prices to the 2014 cruise as the days increased from 10 to 12, but it was not that much of an increase.

Also checked our upcoming Marina Viking Trails, Aug. 21 against the 2015 cruise. About a $450 increase per person, after $3000 early booking for 2015- for 2014 it was $2800 Early Booking- plus other perks added later.

Herb

Just received ours..the early booking discounts are in a separate mailing cover. Separate from book, not the mailing.

Edited by buggins0402

I thought they were not out yet???

We booked this one a couple of months ago right off the website. I believe there are 2 options available in the Caribbean for Dec 2015. We have never booked this far ahead before this one. It's pretty lonely on the Connections Roll Call.

Randy

I am looking for an early January Caribbean myself. However, they have shortened their cruises as well and I can't see myself going for only a week, 10 days, or for that matter 12. It would mean two segments. I understand Regatta does the Caribbean as well and that might be a possibility. We have been on Mayan Mystique two times and we do NOT like that itinerary at all. Waiting...waiting! LOL

I am looking for an early January Caribbean myself. However, they have shortened their cruises as well and I can't see myself going for only a week, 10 days, or for that matter 12. It would mean two segments. I understand Regatta does the Caribbean as well and that might be a possibility. We have been on Mayan Mystique two times and we do NOT like that itinerary at all. Waiting...waiting! LOL

We are thinking of booking a Mayan Mystique itinerary and wonder if you might provide your thoughts on why you did not like the itinerary at all (and if you didn't, why did you go on it twice?).

Is it the ports, the order, the port times? Because you specifically said itinerary, it sounds like it wasn't specific to the cruise, like bad weather, big crowds (other ships in port), etc.

Do NOT like the Mexican ones. Really run down. Guatamala and Roatan are rundown third world countries. I did like Belize. Just second rate in my opinion.

The first time we were just trying the Riviera to see if we liked it (we did) and the second time...we generally take a back to back at Christmas...and that was one of the cruises. Never again.

I think the ports may be good for people who scuba.

Re Belize, we were there a number of years ago and enjoyed it very much but we were not on a cruise. We spent about 10 days visiting the Mayan areas in Belize and Guatemala. We did spend one day snorkeling but that was enough for us! I'm sure a lot depends on your interests. It's well worth a land tour; I'm not so sure about a cruise visit.

Mura

Edited by Mura

Received 1, 2, 3 brochures today. 1 last week. Perhaps need to promote a little more given higher prices. Might be getting closer to the IPO if these prices can stick

Have lost count of brochures and "books" arriving. Dead horse - save the money on sending them and lower the prices! :D