Curious..are u really into Elegant night?

Kato27

I`m just curious to see how many people actully enjoy having to dress up for dinner on elegant night while on a cruise.

I did dress up on my first cruise last summer for both nights. I

will do it again this time around also.

But...if i had the choice i would much rather not have to,i wear enough suits while i`m not on vacation.

While on vacation i would prefer to just be able to dress casual, so i could do without it.

What about u? Enjoy it, or could u do without elegant night?

I understand that u can just eat at the buffet if u wanted to, but let`s say that`s not an option.:)

I`m just curious to see how many people actully enjoy having to dress up for dinner on elegant night while on a cruise.

But...if i had the choice i would much rather not have to,i wear enough suits while i`m not on vacation.

While on vacation i would prefer to just be able to dress casual, so i could do without it.

I understand that u can just eat at the buffet if u wanted to, but let`s say that`s not an option.:)

so why are you wearing a suit for elegant night? Is that not an option either?

Bill

My wife really likes to dress up during those nights. it's something that we normally dont do while at home, so i bring along either a suit or tux (she prefers tux). My personal preference would be to skip it, but it's only one night and makes my wife happy, so why not? lol

We do skip the pictures though....we have enough dress up pictures in front of the steps, behind the piano, on the marble bench, etc. that they all start looking alike.

so why are you wearing a suit for elegant night? Is that not an option either?

Bill

I wear it cause i don`t want to be the only one there without it, want to be a real cruiser like u guy`s!:D

I`m just asking if people could do without it, or if it`s something they reall enjoy:)

We like to get dressed up and usually do both nights.

On our last cruise, the 2nd formal night was the same day we were in Cozumel for 12 hours! By the time we stumbled back to the ship, we totally forgot that it was formal night and didn't think our balloon hats would be appropriate in the MDR, so we skipped it.

I wear it cause i don`t want to be the only one there without it, want to be a real cruiser like u guy`s!:D

I`m just asking if people could do without it, or if it`s something they reall enjoy:)

You would definitely not be the only person without a suit.

The suggest you wear at least a pair of slacks and button down shirt.

Many do, some throw in a tie. There are some suits, and a couple tuxes.

The last time I wore a tux or suit on CCL I felt out of place and overdressed. YMMV

Bill

I try and conform to the dress for the night in a way that looks good. I would prefer only one night instead of two on a 7 day cruise. I like two on a longer cruise but the shorter cruises could do with just one. have only worn a TUX once just to have some pictures taken. That was the first time I had been in one since the 11 grade and that was a long long long time ago.

Yes. I just discovered that DH and I both enjoy getting dressed up on elegant night.

I told my DH that he didn't have to wear a suit if he didn't want to for our last cruise. He surprised me by saying that he knew I was going to look great and he didn't want to look like a slob standing next to me. So, he wore a suit and he looked very handsome in it.

YES! Absolutely! I love fancy dinners. I wouldn't enjoy it all the time, but I love "dressing for dinner" once in a while. Luckily the new sweetie enjoys it, too, so it's not like pulling teeth anymore.

I really enjoy the elegant nights. My wife and I dress in our formal wear for those 2 nights. I prefer my black tux. After dinner we go back to the room and change so it's not that bad. Even if I'm the only one who does it I'll continue to wear it! :D

I pack nice blouses for evenings & an especially nice blouse for elegant night. I wear the same pair of black jersey slacks.

I'm more into the Shrimp they serve for Elegant night!

My dad just wears a nice dress shirt (no tie or jacket) & nice slacks; otherwise, he wears nice jogging suits.

I hate dressing up period. I'm supposed to for work but usually only do it a few times a week. When I'm on vacation I like to relax. Dressing up isn't relaxing to me. I always give my fiancee the first elegant night to drag me and parade me around and then we play the 2nd elegant night by ear to see how we feel.

I'm not even wearing a tux to my wedding so that should tell you all you need to know :o