"Worst Pizza" of the Seas

Any chance RC does something to improve this product? It is either inherently bad or the execution on ship fails miserably. Its one of the few foods available publicly very late at night... it would be nice if it was at least decent.

Any chance RC does something to improve this product? It is either inherently bad or the execution on ship fails miserably. Its one of the few foods available publicly very late at night... it would be nice if it was at least decent.

It's excellent on Quantum & Oasis Class ships where Sorrento's has a dedicated pizza oven and custom prep area

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45095008&highlight=pizza#post45095008

It really is just terrible pizza. Although if you wait in the line for the fresh custom pizza, it is much better.

Still not great, but much better than the pre-made cardboard they have available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no issues with it most of the time on Oasis this summer. Only time it was terrible was when it came out under cooked and greasy. DW likes her pizza well done and would ask them to throw a few slices back in the oven for her and they obliged.

I also liked a couple of the funky combos they made. Mexican was my favorite with sour cream and a guacamole-ish drizzle on top.

Everyone will have different opinions of course. Sorry to hear others don't seem to like it.

We just got off the oasis and ate pizza late almost every night. We really enjoyed it and that was without any alcohol.

On the other hand pizza on the Majesty is terrible so we just avoid it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it's not.............cruised Anthem with Sorrento's and it was a soggy disgusting mess.:eek: Worst pizza on the high seas!!

Ah too bad... I guess it's like one cruiser saying that Chop's is fabulous on one ship and another on a different ship saying it's horrible. You just never know from day to day, ship to ship, cruiser to cruiser.

Pizza is definitely one of those foods people need to just agree to disagree on. I for one don't particularly like pizza. Not in S.jersey or philly or NY not in a house or on a ship 😆 . My husband likes it well done and we have around 7 or 8 pizza polars within a mile of my house and my husband will only order from 2 of them. My son favors one place while my daughter favors another. So if a family can be That devided on it I can not imagine an entire ship full of passengers agreeing on one place😂

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Pizza is definitely one of those foods people need to just agree to disagree on. I for one don't particularly like pizza. Not in S.jersey or philly or NY not in a house or on a ship 😆 . My husband likes it well done and we have around 7 or 8 pizza polars within a mile of my house and my husband will only order from 2 of them. My son favors one place while my daughter favors another. So if a family can be That devided on it I can not imagine an entire ship full of passengers agreeing on one place😂

It's sucked on every Royal ship I've ever been on. Now Carnival has consistently superior pizza!

It's not the best pizza, but it's not the worst, either. It will do...barely, but it will do. The "Seaview cafe" (on Brilliance) used to have wonderful pizza...but that venue is no longer...they get rid of what's good, and replace it with something you have to pay extra for. Folks need to stop paying for this "extra" stuff.....and it would go away!

Pizza outside of S. Jersey, Philly, or NY cannot compete...lol.

Had both good and bad...best would have to be on the Quantum.

Agreed, thought it was fine on Quantum. Not great, not terrible, but serviceable and we went back more than once. :)

I've only ever had it in those 3 states

Oh wait... nope, I forgot we had it in Florida and Virginia too😝. I'm just NOT a pizza person. Loved it as a kid but now just can't find a good slice any more...sweet sauce, crispy crust and just enough cheese. And it should NEVER sag down when you pick it up!

I've had some on Feedom, Navigator, Oasis and a few others and still...no good pizza. Now don't get me wrong there defiantly is a fat girl hidden in me that will eat it good or bad on a ship just because I get the late night munchies but thats where it ends[emoji5] [emoji5]

Beg to differ. Pizza from Chicago is second only to that of Naples, Italy.

Actually, my Dad made the best........from home made sauce from home grown tomatoes, garlic, and onions........to home made dough rising on top of the warm refrigerator, it took all day to make. I wish I had watched closer as the crust was thin and perfect, but I was usually in school.:halo::halo::halo:

Actually, my Dad made the best........from home made sauce from home grown tomatoes, garlic, and onions........to home made dough rising on top of the warm refrigerator, it took all day to make. I wish I had watched closer as the crust was thin and perfect, but I was usually in school.:halo::halo::halo:

Sounds really good. I dislike that NY style soggy crust (can you call it crust?) that you have to fold to eat.