Fort Lauderdale to Miami

budman325

Hello, we are going on our 1st cruise in Dec, leaving Miami. Cheapest flights I have found are from Southwest, but they only fly into Ft Lauderdale, doe anybody have any info on shuttle from Ft Lauderdale to Miami? Also can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Miami that has shuttle service to the ship, we are staying in Miami the night before the cruise.

For a shuttle try Carlos at carlos@cmvtransportation.com. He works with SAS Transportation so if you send him an email telling him when you want to be picked up he will reply and let you know the details. We've used him before and we're using him again in November.

Not sure about shuttle service from a hotel but we always stay downtown at either the Holiday Inn which is right across from Bayside Market place or we stay at the Intercontinental which is also quite close to to Bayside. The port is a quick and cheap cab ride to the port.

Bayside is a great place to be the day before a cruise. It has a great atmosphere and really is a nice place to be to put you in the mood.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Enjoy your cruise!

Everyone seems to recomend SAS shuttle serve. for ft Lauderdale to miami so i'm gonna give them a try for my dec 2nd glory cruise

I will NEVER reccommend SAS. They left us stranded in FLL when we had a confirmed reservation with them. They are NOT reliable.

We are using SAS transport, just keep in mind, if you want to get to the port early with them you can't because they won't pick you up until 11. But, we have used them before and they were great.

SAS picked us up at our hotel in FLL at 10:00 am and dropped us off at POM by 11:00 am :) We are using them again in December - pick up this time is 10:30 am from our hotel in Hallendale.

Edited by soccersharon

We are doing the same in January--flying Spirit into FLL and cruising out of Miami.

We are actually taking the Tri-Rail commuter train to MIA airport. There is a free shuttle bus from the FLL airport terminals to the train station, about 5 mins away. Train fare is $3.75 and runs frequently on the weekdays (M-F). If you're flying on a Sat or Sun, I wouldn't attempt this, as trains are 2+ hrs apart on the weekends.

Anyway, once we get to MIA, we will catch our hotel shuttle (Marriott Miami Airport). They have a shuttle to the port the next day for $11/person, or included if you book their pre-cruise package. Other hotels that we've come across that have port shuttles are: Element by Westin Miami Airport, Courtyard by Marriott Miami Airport South, Embassy Suites MIA, and a few of the budget properties...there is a Comfort Suites that offers it for sure, and I know there are a few others.

If you don't take the Tri-Rail to MIA, I recommend SAS, or JR Shuttles (google them for webpage). It will run about $60-$70 + tip for a van to Miami.

We just used SAS this past week and they were great. Our flight was delayed 2 hours arriving in FLL and they were there to pick us up within 5 minutes. On the return from the port back to FLL they arrived within 5 minutes again. I highly recommend them.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM. It was a great location for the night before as there are lots of places to eat across the street in Bayside as well as free entertainment, shopping and just viewing the water. There is a CVS a block away as well to pick up any last minute items.

Go Shuttle for transportation. We have used them twice with a private car. $80 to a Miami hotel and that includes the tip.

On Friday I used a popular Hotel bidding site to reserve a Downtown Miami Hotel. I bid $105 for a 4 star hotel. This is the second time we have won the Hyatt Regency Miami for this rate. Nice hotel. Easy to walk to the mall that is close and to the bay. Last time it was a $14 cab ride to the ship.

To return from the ship to FLL, we will use SAS transportation. $15 pp. I don't mind a shared van when getting back to the aipport, they fill up fast enough. We have had issues with a shared van leaving the airports. We once spent nearly an hour riding around LAX looking for two people to fill our van.

I will NEVER reccommend SAS. They left us stranded in FLL when we had a confirmed reservation with them. They are NOT reliable.

Gotta say, that's the first complaint about SAS that I have seen on this board. They always get great reviews.

• 4 months later...
Gotta say, that's the first complaint about SAS that I have seen on this board. They always get great reviews.

I swear they guy from SAS was high when he picked us up in Ft Lauderdale. Almost ran us into a wall when getting off the freeway in Miami. Never again.

We used SAS in May and will use them again in November. Stayed at Holiday Inn port of Miami the night before, used a taxi to get to the port the next morning.

Just curious, whar was the price of the cab fare from Holiday Inn POM to the port? I've seen posts ranging from $6-$25. Seems like a big price difference for the same distance

Just curious, whar was the price of the cab fare from Holiday Inn POM to the port? I've seen posts ranging from $6-$25. Seems like a big price difference for the same distance

Should be about $10-12, for the cab (not per person); the $6 fare you saw was likely per person and the $25 fare is from the MIA airport. You can see the port from the Holiday Inn -- you'll spend more time loading and unloading the cab than you will on the drive. Good luck! :)

I used Limos of Miami and they were fantastic!! I was going to use SAS Travel, however I decided to spend a little extra money and have a car completely to ourselves. I only reserved the Lincoln Towncar...but when I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale they picked us up in a Cadillac Escalade (only 2 days old) and they had a bucket of ice and two wine glasses waiting for us. Our driver was awesome!! He stopped at a CVS so we could buy a bottle of wine to fill those wine glasses at no extra charge. After the cruise, once again...instead of our Lincoln....they sent a stretch black Limo!! Because I read about them on Cruise Critic, the price was only $90 each way including the tip (However, I did tip them a little more). They were an awesome company to work with. I always splurge on one item during the course of my vacation and this time it was the transportation.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami this time (last time was the Intercontintal). Both are in great locations (right across the street from Bayside Marketplace). Bayside is a great place to go to start your vacation. They have food, drinks, shopping and live music. Also there is a CVS right there for last minute purchases. We stopped in there to pick up a couple of items including 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of water to take on the ship with us. The cab ride to the ship the next morning was only like $8.

I was very pleased with the transportation and the hotel.

Oh...a side note. For both of my hotel stays, I booked them on last minute travel dot com. I got great deals both times. After the booking, I just called the hotel a week later to confirm the reservation. Hope this helps!! Have a great cruise!!

The fare was $12 from the Holiday Inn to POM a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...
I used Limos of Miami and they were fantastic!! I was going to use SAS Travel, however I decided to spend a little extra money and have a car completely to ourselves. I only reserved the Lincoln Towncar...but when I arrived in Ft. Lauderdale they picked us up in a Cadillac Escalade (only 2 days old) and they had a bucket of ice and two wine glasses waiting for us. Our driver was awesome!! He stopped at a CVS so we could buy a bottle of wine to fill those wine glasses at no extra charge. After the cruise, once again...instead of our Lincoln....they sent a stretch black Limo!! Because I read about them on Cruise Critic, the price was only $90 each way including the tip (However, I did tip them a little more). They were an awesome company to work with. I always splurge on one item during the course of my vacation and this time it was the transportation.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami this time (last time was the Intercontintal). Both are in great locations (right across the street from Bayside Marketplace). Bayside is a great place to go to start your vacation. They have food, drinks, shopping and live music. Also there is a CVS right there for last minute purchases. We stopped in there to pick up a couple of items including 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of water to take on the ship with us. The cab ride to the ship the next morning was only like $8.

I was very pleased with the transportation and the hotel.

Oh...a side note. For both of my hotel stays, I booked them on last minute travel dot com. I got great deals both times. After the booking, I just called the hotel a week later to confirm the reservation. Hope this helps!! Have a great cruise!!

How far ahead did you do last minute.com? We are actually doing 2 cruises next year-Allure out of FLL and the Epic out of POM so need to check out hotels in both areas-the cruises are 2 months apart

Used GoJiffyJeff for transfer from Miami cruise port to Ft. lauderdale hotel. Pricie was reasonable and pick up and communication excellent. Problem was it was a shared transfer and we had to wait almost 30 minutes for another party who got off the ship late. Good service if you are not in a hurry but otherwise you must factor in possible waiting time.

Just used JR Shuttle HD'd in Ft Lauderdal yesterday. Prearranged before we embarked. Called the phone number when we cleared customs. Waited a few minutes for driver to arrive and were at FLL soon after that. Very nice and friendly service. Our foursome opted for the private service as a nice way to end a cruise vacation - not crammed into a common van/bus with many others. Our cost was $69. I'd use them again.

Looking towards our March 2014 Epic trip-SAS doesn't pick up before 11am, QLS doesn't pick up for 2 people. We would like to fly into FLL and the cruise out of Miami-I have emailed Carlos no response-any other ideas/suggestions-I know I have alot of time but wonder why folks don't respond.

• 1 month later...

I used Jiffy Jeff Transporation service this previous weekend. I would DEFINATELY use his service again and recommend him to all individuals that I know who travel between the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area. Jeff's customer service was outstanding. His showed a great deal of patience, professionalism, and a great interest in what he does. Even as I was unraviling due to bad weather and flight delays. There was no problem communicating with him. I am so glad that I took the time to search around for shuttle service vs. just taking what the cruise line offered. I am currently planning my next cruise out of the area and will use Jiffy Jeff Transportation services again!:D:D