Impressive photos of Queen Mary 2 and her Captain

Bodogbodog

Undignified publicity. My opinion.

Why?

Absolutely fantastic pics. She does need a dry docking and a good scrub, that amount of marine growth must add to her fuel bills.

Carefully balanced by the bean counters, antifouling costs vs efficiency. Some serious spread sheet calculations take place to make sure the fuel costs are minimised.

Amazing pictures that really show the magnitude of QM2.

Yes, it certainly does.

Gave me pause, when I recalled the instructions during the muster drill: if called to abandon ship - "don't jump, just walk off the ship". Looking at the photo, and seeing the distance from Deck 7 to the ocean, I can't imagine whether it would make a difference either way.

Undignified publicity. My opinion.

Yes, well, it certainly is different. I can't recall the last time I saw a captain of a ship posing for a photo on the bulbous bow. An homage to Stanley Kubrick, perhaps?

Fullscreen+capture+04042012+114338.jpg

Ray, I thought you were just kidding about the shower gels, but I see that someone was being serious :eek: Just imagine the question contestants would need to answer correctly to win a bar of soap!

A previous poster suggested that the photo was "good advertising" for Cunard. Here is article from AdWeek that might be of interest: http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/cruise-ships-now-depend-parents-bringing-kids-along-156143

Edited to add: My personal opinion is that photographer James Morgan's work is exceptional.

Edited by Salacia