Passenger climbs onto lifeboat

simplyben

OMG :eek: And presumably those "+" signs on the roof of the lifeboat are supposed to warn where the roof is structurally safe to stand or not? They should charge the passenger for any damage.

Edited by kylenyc

OMG :eek: And presumably those "+" signs on the roof of the lifeboat are supposed to warn where the roof is structurally safe to stand or not? They should charge the passenger for any damage.

Actually, I believe the "+" signs are just reflective tape to make the lifeboat more visible in dark conditions.

As far as I know, those are reflective tape. Just for better visibility.

Granted this passenger is an idiot. However, the original posting is from a cruise line industry publication. It states that passengers ALWAYS go overboard in certain ways: murder, suicide, carelessness. It states it could never happen otherwise. Uh, accidents do happen.

An off note on this subject: There was an uproar on Cruise Critic from some posters years ago when a higher railing was urged by some regulatory agency. Cruise lines had 36" to 40" railings back then. The noise level about the nanny state, and over regulation and the cruise line knows best, leave it alone, omg, the cost involved, our prices will go up, blah blah blah was tremendous. Since the railings have been raised, the number of pax overboard has indeed diminished.

Seriously? It was a very mundane, though enjoyable evening, sitting on my deck on a clear night in Maine thinking all was right in my world and then this......:rolleyes: You are right, you cannot fix stupid. However it serves the purpose of giving the rest of us a chance to smile and thank the powers that be that it is not us in these pictures! :p Or at least the fact that no one caught us at our worst!

Sorry Ladies - but I have to say this one is a true "Dumb A--", putting her safety at risk.

And I am sorry that the dumb a** sitting on the balcony rail posted earlier was a male. It is truly an equal opportunity world! :p

I wonder how Guest Services dealt with her?

Yes, that would be interesting to know. It was such a NoNo thing to do and the last thing needed was for her to have possibly encouraged others to do the same. :o

LuLu