New MAGIC Bands are coming to RCCL

skyking

One of the things hidden in this article is Royals claim you will be able to go from luggage to onboard with no counters or lines. Are they over offering? Who is going to check your ID to verify you are the person they think you are? How are they going to track luggage when we print our own luggage tags with regular paper? If a porter attaches your luggage tag because you did not bring your own, how is he/she going to enter info for you to be able to track your luggage?

It seems that most people who have actually worn and used these bands like them and people who have no first hand knowledge of the bands say they will never wear them. I read through the posts and many of the people who thought they would hate the bands liked them when they had to wear them at Disney. They seem to be more convenient than the Sea Pass and they are removable. I'll give it a try.

We just returned from our Disney vacation and LOVED the magic bands! The technology is wonderful and so easy to use. You still have to insert a pin number to finalize payment and sign for purchases. We only wished the bands worked on the DCL cruise although we heard they are coming to the ships soon.

Try it and you'll be hooked!:D

According to RC's website, the wrist-bands are optional. You will still be able to get the old-fashioned sea pass. That is what I intend to do. In addition to your valid objections, I just don't like the wrist-band idea. Seems more like a hospital than a cruise ship.

or an all inclusive resort.

Edited by Folk Singer

I would rather have a SeaPass. I wear a watch, but it just feels weird, when I have some sort of band on my right wrist. One thing I hate about waterpark hotels is that they put on the RFID band at check-in, and you really can't take it off until you leave. If my family were to stay more than one night, it would drive me nuts.

My wife wears a watch and a Fit Bit, so she doesn't have an extra wrist for a WOW band. Besides, she has a lanyard convered in rhinestones for her cruises.

Our son hates wearing the band that Adventure Ocean issues, so I'm not sure that he would willingly go for the WOW band.

I think I'll repeat this on every page:

The WOWBands are optional

and

You don't have to wear the WOWBand on your wrist

Agree...if you don't want to wear it, put it in your pocket...

If you don't want to wear it, then don't!

We were in Disney staying on property for 8 days, at the GF, and I only wore it a few times.

When making purchases, I would hand it to the server like a card...no big deal.

Incidentally, thousands upon thousands of people everyday were wearing their bands, no mutiny that I could see....

I like what a previous poster said, the most criticism comes from those who have no experience using them...

Also, this reminds me when they changed the C&A points -level system a few years back...everyone swore they would never sail RCI again...well, they're still here. Complaining about something else I suppose.

Edited by B-52

I think I'll repeat this on every page:

The WOWBands are optional

and

You don't have to wear the WOWBand on your wrist

Thanks for mentioning this, but putting your message in bold type is a little over the top, isn't it?

That said, I just assumed that the WOW bands were like the bands that Adventure Ocean put on kids to identify muster stations (and like water park resorts used). Once they go on, the only way to get them off is with a pair of scissors.

But, if the WOW bands are like what Disney uses, then this presents some issues. First, where on the WOW band does it list the muster station? That's the nice thing about a SeaPass. If there is a real emergency, you just have to look at your SeaPass.

Second, if you have a WOW band on a ship that still has MDR, where do you put your table information?

Third, will WOW bands be colored coded, base on C&A or suite status? Get high enough on C&A or book a suite, and the SeaPass is a different color.

It's easy to say that if you don't want to wear the band, just stuff it in your pocket. But, a card is so easy to put in a wallet or on a lanyard. A band doesn't slip into a pocket like a SeaPass.

Yes, you can opt for a SeaPass. But, going on a cruise is supposed to cut down on the logistics of travel. I say a cruise is like going on a road trip, but you don't have to constantly pack and unpack, because the hotel moves from place to place. But, between Dynamic Dining and SeaPass or WOW band, RC is forcing people to make more decisions.

If I wanted to make a lot of decisions, I'd skip the vacation and go to work each day.

Thanks for mentioning this, but putting your message in bold type is a little over the top, isn't it?

That said, I just assumed that the WOW bands were like the bands that Adventure Ocean put on kids to identify muster stations (and like water park resorts used). Once they go on, the only way to get them off is with a pair of scissors.

But, if the WOW bands are like what Disney uses, then this presents some issues. First, where on the WOW band does it list the muster station? That's the nice thing about a SeaPass. If there is a real emergency, you just have to look at your SeaPass.

Second, if you have a WOW band on a ship that still has MDR, where do you put your table information?

Third, will WOW bands be colored coded, base on C&A or suite status? Get high enough on C&A or book a suite, and the SeaPass is a different color.

It's easy to say that if you don't want to wear the band, just stuff it in your pocket. But, a card is so easy to put in a wallet or on a lanyard. A band doesn't slip into a pocket like a SeaPass.

Yes, you can opt for a SeaPass. But, going on a cruise is supposed to cut down on the logistics of travel. I say a cruise is like going on a road trip, but you don't have to constantly pack and unpack, because the hotel moves from place to place. But, between Dynamic Dining and SeaPass or WOW band, RC is forcing people to make more decisions.

If I wanted to make a lot of decisions, I'd skip the vacation and go to work each day.

Look at the picture in post #56 and you can see where the muster station is listed on the bottom of the band in the picture.

I'm guessing you could just walk up to a scanner outside the dining room and scan your band and it would tell you your table number (and maybe even display a map showing its location).

I'm guessing you could just walk up to a scanner outside the dining room and scan your band and it would tell you your table number (and maybe even display a map showing its location).

Assuming the bands remain just on the new ships which will have dynamic dining there is no need for a table number as you will be dining at different restaurants. My guess is you show up for your reservation and you will be seated by the host/hostess.

Assuming the bands remain just on the new ships which will have dynamic dining there is no need for a table number as you will be dining at different restaurants. My guess is you show up for your reservation and you will be seated by the host/hostess.

True, but I was responding to someone that was asking about their use on ships with an MDR, which I assumed to mean traditional dining.

Agree...if you don't want to wear it, put it in your pocket...

If you don't want to wear it, then don't!

We were in Disney staying on property for 8 days, at the GF, and I only wore it a few times.

When making purchases, I would hand it to the server like a card...no big deal.

Incidentally, thousands upon thousands of people everyday were wearing their bands, no mutiny that I could see....

I like what a previous poster said, the most criticism comes from those who have no experience using them...

Also, this reminds me when they changed the C&A points -level system a few years back...everyone swore they would never sail RCI again...well, they're still here. Complaining about something else I suppose.

Remember if at WDW you can always ask for the traditional Keys to the Kingdom card. Also on a side note as I work at WDW and have seen the transition from card to armband, I have seen many more armbands lost that the cards. I plan on staying with the card for as long as possible.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I have no issue with this. Disney has been doing this for awhile and I think it's so much easier. I would much rather wear a bracelet than have to worry about where my sea pass card is all the time.

Exactly!

Why does everyone feel the need to complain over NOTHING.

Its alot better then having to lose your seapass card which can happen easily.

Technology for the most part is a good thing.

I guarantee you will still be cruising on rccl if wristbands eventually are the only option.Your complaints are unfounded until it actually happens.Wait and see before complaining.Is this all this forum does is complain 75 percent of the time?I cant believe all the whining that goes on here over nothing.

I would rather have a SeaPass. I wear a watch, but it just feels weird, when I have some sort of band on my right wrist. One thing I hate about waterpark hotels is that they put on the RFID band at check-in, and you really can't take it off until you leave. If my family were to stay more than one night, it would drive me nuts.

My wife wears a watch and a Fit Bit, so she doesn't have an extra wrist for a WOW band. Besides, she has a lanyard convered in rhinestones for her cruises.

Our son hates wearing the band that Adventure Ocean issues, so I'm not sure that he would willingly go for the WOW band.

Case in point

This whole response is one big whine!

YOU DONT NEED TO WEAR IT ON YOUR WRIST,

Have you missed the previous ten posts stating that!Holy cow!