guarantee assignment made 4 months prior to final payment

Hi - there have been a few questions regarding guarantee assignments so I'll tell you my most recent experience.

Just for FYI - We just changed a recent reservation to a ocean balcony guarantee for our December 31, 2017 Oasis NYE cruise and received the assignment less than a week after the reservation change and more than 6 months prior to sail date. Changed to the guarantee on June 4 and have the assignment. Nice location.

Last year, for another guarantee, we received the assignment the day prior to sailing.

m

Perhaps this is something new because of the overbooking issues that several have reported here on CC? I am also wondering if they assign a cabin this far out if it's subject to be changed...I think they certainly would have that ability to do so if needed given the "guarantee" booking.

BTW - the ocean view balcony guarantee was $700 less than our originally booked boardwalk balcony . Of course all cabins for that week (NYE) are high! I use a price monitoring site and received an alert for the pricing.

M

We got ours early too - about 8 weeks ago for our October cruise? However I'm pretty sure they could choose to move us again under the terms. I don't really care, I just want on that boat. Ready to cruise! :) Thanks for posting this here, I was wondering about the early assignment.

Hi

We also received our guarantee assignment pretty early

Late March 2017 we booked a grand suite guarantee for Anthem sailing late January 2018. There were no suites available just grand suite guarantee.

Early June 2017 we received our assignment, superior grand suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We originally booked a boardwalk room in Feb for our Aug trip, we picked the room. Fast forward to April and a really great rate (I'm talking about more than half off what we paid) popped up for a Gty Neighborhood Balcony. We jumped on it (3.5 hours on hold but was way worth it) We were told when we booked the GTY they would be doing the assignments within a few days. Sure enough I logged in and we were given the same room we had originally booked.

We booked a GTY years ago and found out at the port what room we were assigned so that was a happy surprise to know months in advance [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got ours the next day, booked an Aquatheater 1 bedroom on the oasis in July, got a Sky loft. We also had a Crown loft GTY which was an assigned Crown loft the next day, same cruise.

We already had 2 grand suites, but the sale was to good to ignore.

I switched a booking for December cruise to a GTY balcony on Monday, got the assignment yesterday and thanks to everyone on here called to see if I could switch it to a different deck, which they did. Booked Deluxe balcony and got a Superior (on Freedom). We were on Freedom in January in a GTY inside and only got our cabin a week or two before the ship sailed. I wouldn't have thought to check without you guys :)