Reliable Transportation from POM

stitch4me

I am looking for reliable transportation from POM to FLL after our cruise. I will be on the Getaway and it is scheduled to dock at 8:00am. My flight time is 11:55 am. We will be doing the easy walk off. Any suggestions are appreciated. We are open to private transportation also if need be.

You wouldn't want to take a cab to Ft Lauderdale, too expensive. Often recommended here, and we have used them all is SAS, goMJS and QLS.

This time we have booked the official airport shuttle, Go Airport Shuttle. No reservations needed. Just pick up your luggage and look for the Ground Transportation desk nearby. They run as long as there are incoming flights. There are several options from shared ride to private Van, suv, etc. For an extra $10 total, they will meet you at the luggage carousel. You can book on the website. Just plug in your destination ( lots of hotels listed as well as POM ) and select the type of vehicle you want.

The shared shuttle is approx $15 pp, but there are other options. We are a group of 5 coming in and we booked a private Van for $126.50 to take us to our Miami hotel. All of their prices include the drivers tip. They are also picking up our group of 7 at the POM after the cruise. Private Van for 7 $143 including tip.

For the others, sometimes they charge higher rates if your flight time is after 5:00 or so, so make sure you ask.

We have used SAS several times, in fact we will use them this Mar. They have been good for us, and if you can get off the ship quickly, you should have no problem.

They will ask you to call them once you are off the ship, and a van (shared) will be sent. It is about a 35-45 minute drive to FLL.

If you have any questions, ask them. They will respond. ;)

Punkincc may I ask who you have booked for your private van?

We have it booked with the official airport shuttle for FLL, Go Airport Shuttle. We are using them to go from FLL to Hilton Miami Downtown the day before the cruise and also from the port back to FLL after the cruise, both private. We are 5 going to Miami for a total of $126.50 and 7 from the port for a total of $143.75 including tip. With the other shuttles mentioned, the fares are around $15 pp with tip additional, and they are not private.

I called them first and asked some questions and then booked it on their website. I believe 954-561-8888 is the local FLL office. There is an 800 number, but it seems to route you to your closest local office, Chicago in my case, as it is a nationwide company. They did transfer me to FLL office.

On the website, you can easily plug in your info re # of passengers, destination, etc, and it will show you the vehicle options and a price total for the group. This includes the tip, which is usually extra on other shuttle services. Anything from a shared shuttle to private vans, SUVs, and executive cars are available. You do not have to book in advance for trips from FLL, but I felt better knowing it was all taken care of. You can just walk up to the desk and pay if you like.

Has anyone used UBER from POM to FLL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did!! It was amazing!!! Wait time for our driver was two minutes and then we were off to FLL. Total cost was $35 plus tip. It was so easy and pain free! I highly recommend UBER because you are not waiting on your shared ride driver or passengers.

I've used SAS in the past and while they are great for picking you up at the airport I do not like their service when it comes to port pick up. The last straw was after our Getaway cruise and having to wait almost an hour for the right driver to pick us up.

I used Jiffy Jeff for transport from FLL to my Miami hotel last month. They were amazing and I loved their large spacious van! Much nicer quality than SAS.

I did!! It was amazing!!! Wait time for our driver was two minutes and then we were off to FLL. Total cost was $35 plus tip. It was so easy and pain free! I highly recommend UBER because you are not waiting on your shared ride driver or passengers.

I used Jiffy Jeff for transport from FLL to my Miami hotel last month. They were amazing and I loved their large spacious van! Much nicer quality than SAS.

That's great to hear about Being able to use uber from the port. Can I ask how much Jiffy Jeff cost from FLL to Miami? And why you used Jiffy Jeff instead of Uber for that trip?

Thanks

I am looking for reliable transportation from POM to FLL after our cruise. I will be on the Getaway and it is scheduled to dock at 8:00am. My flight time is 11:55 am. We will be doing the easy walk off. Any suggestions are appreciated. We are open to private transportation also if need be.

Not sure how many people but if there is 2 you could hook up with another couple to share a taxi mini van and cut your costs and get there faster.

We are getting off the Getaway and going to Port Everglades and will be taking a taxi and hopefully can share the cost with another couple.

Arlene

This past Saturday getting off the Escape we took MJS, brand new mini bus with leather seats, tv, held about 12-15 people, $15/pp to FLL. On our trip to the ship we took a private limo service, VIP Limo, $100 plus tip for 4 of us. It was very nice.

That's great to hear about Being able to use uber from the port. Can I ask how much Jiffy Jeff cost from FLL to Miami? And why you used Jiffy Jeff instead of Uber for that trip?

Thanks

Jiffy Jeff is $15pp.

The hotel we stayed at in Fort Lauderdale was outside the area where shared transport companies will drop you off.

We used Jiffy Jeff from the airport because I had booked them before realizing the return trip was an issue. I didn't feel like cancelling with them. I'm glad I gave them a try because they were fantastic. So if I had to do another shared ride, I would go with Jiffy Jeff.

Used SAS a year ago and while fine going from FLL to POM, it was terrible service returning. They kept promising they were on their way for 1-1/4 hours while we waited on the concrete outside our port terminal. We were by far the last people left standing there. Never again!